Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Week 10 is coming

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Aug 30, 2013. | Replies: 40 | Views: 4795

1. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

**New Dates**

PvP Week 10

Bored of endless MF runs or popping chests in LK? Killing Baal with your eyes shut too dull? Looking for a new challenge? How about real opponents trying to kill you, not ones controlled by predictable AI? Ever wondered what it's like to try dodging 25K damage fireballs? Or teleporting barbarians? There is one way to find out...

I can hardly believe it myself, but PvP Week 10 is here. Join in, make new friends. And try to kill them.

What is PvP Week?
    Well the clue is in the name. It is a week of PvP games, intended to be a friendly way to introduce new players to high level duelling. I used to write that it was non competitive, but who am I kidding? Everyone wants to win. Let's just say it isn't a competition. If you are new to PvP but worried about getting smeared all over the Blood Moor, don't be. Your new character may have a steep learning curve, but it is everyone's interests that you enjoy it and keep playing. Players can split into teams to even out skill levels. Don't expect to win every duel either though :)

What happens in PvP Week?
    - You will get the best idea by reading the write ups from all the previous PvP weeks.
    - The idea is a PvP game, every night, for a week. You don't have to play every night, but you can.
    - PvP week is all about high level, bad manners rules duelling. I'm not planning to include any low fat, sugar free alternatives like aLLD18 or LLD30.
    - PvP Week - The Questions Thread is a wealth of good info and is always open if you have any questions.
    - I try to write up something about the previous evenings activities the next day. Sometimes people even help me too ...

OK, you have convinced me, I want to have a go, but I have never played PvP before - How do I get started?
    If you don't have a character already, look to your re-specs. Many of the standard PvM builds - Trappers, Bone Necros, Poison Necros, Sorcs, Hammerdins - can all do well with a bit of adjustment, even if you don't have a full inventory of life skillers.
    If you are interested but need help, you can post in this thread.

So when will PvP week be?
    Dates have changed, it will now run from Friday 4th to Thursday 10th October.

I will host games at every night at about 20.00 to 21.00 GMT. If you want to host games under the PvP week umbrella outside these times, go for it.

The Rules

Standard BM Rules
    - No potions (except mana potions), mercs, wells, or shrines.
    - No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
    - No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
    - No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, Slow Missiles, or Bone Prison.
    - No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
    - No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
    - No over absorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak. I include 1.07 LoH too here.
    - Mana potions are allowed for all characters except ES based sorcs

Hosting
    I can put a game up every night, but I do have family who do things like stream video which can sometimes kill the the ping. If anyone else can host, help is greatly appreciated.

So What Is This Thread For?
    Any questions, pre-match banter, post-match analysis, videos, screenshots, basically anything that you like related to PvP Week. I'm not going to do a sign up table, but if you are in, please post. Especially if you can help with the hosting.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Well, I still both have to level and learn how to play my awesome pala "SCisfornubs", but I'm definitely down for this.

question that I assume has been asked plenty before: how come slow missiles, decrep and HF be banned, when CG isn't?

I'm gonna try my hardest to participate as much as possible - I still dont know how my schedule for next semester will look, but i can't see how i wouldn't be able to participate at least 3-4 nights.

also: poro, phar, get your act together and join this.
  3. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

In, I'll try to make it when I can due to time zone differences.

P.S. I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!!*

*I will die, a lot.
  4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

I will participate, however don't count on my hosting capabilities. It can be very laggy.

If someone wants to try pvp out with some character, but he doesn't have Enigma or something else, just let us know in here. We can easily figure out some character for someone if needed.

@ FoE
    Your question is good. We had some discussions about that. That golem is extremely powerful against any non-teleporting character, granting overwhelming advantage to necro, that is a fact. It also affects teleporting charaters as it slows both ias and frw, so who needs those is weakened. It's harder to affect someone with golem if you have vita necro. Block necro obviously can play offensively to use golem to full advantage. Is all this enough to ban this skill, I don't know.

Skills you mentioned that are banned are more powerful than clay golem. Decrepify and HF both have slowing effect as clay golem does, but it's much easier to affect enemy with it. Decrepify lowers physical resistance at the same time, but that part is not problematic, while slow is. Slow Missiles renders missile projectiles useless, meaning you can forget about your spirits, fireballs or arrows for entire match.
  5. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Pyro should host so I don't have over 9000 ping anymore. <_<
  6. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

I thought your ping is fine, at least you said it is >_>

But sure, someone from America should host too. Maybe for europe's night matches!
  7. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

If the other Pyro's hosting was any indicator, it's like 150-250 instead of 200-400. Not a huge difference,[strike] but I just secretly want crappier ping for the rest of you.[/strike] :badteeth:
  8. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Just video of PvP week 9. Damn it was one year ago... lots of fail and nubs, but at least you can see how it looks like. I might try to get couple more videos up in weeks before PvP week featuring some other classes.
    Pyro and FoE, if you have some clear Hamachi room where people can sign in, we might organize couple pvp games for you to get used (also get some other guys from HC into this thing >_>).

Speaking of getting new players in, we have runes and wealth to build you guys capable pvp characters. There's enough runes to make Enigmas, good weapons and so on, so if you want to participate, I'll post pvp giveaway thread in couple days. If you'd like to try specific pvp class, again, shoot me with suggestion and I'll see what I can do.

Also, Clay Golem OP, signed by all bowazons around.
  9. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Logoutzero has a large hamachi room (payed) that you can apply for - no limit on number of members. I can't host outside of hamachi, but would be happy to do it with hamachi.
  10. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

From my experience, hosting via hamachi usually has higher ping that same person hosting via TCP/IP.

I can host whenever, even when I can't play. I will even try to get a big *** ethernet cable to not need my wireless card. (but remind me or I'll forget).

CG is OP versus Bowie. Even with a vita Necro. He starts, he has Bone Armor up, he telebombs a couple of times, it's not that hard having the CG landing one hit, it's game over for the bowazon.
  11. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

Actually, it is limited, something like 32 slots. I didn't feel like paying >10x what I did for more slots. But, we're only at like 18 people, so there's plenty of room. And if we out-grow our current network, I can get a second, small one going, or maybe we can all pitch in a little $$ to get a bigger network. Honestly, I don't see us needing more room, considering 10 of our 18 people are never on anyway... Also, if I manage to get internet at my house again in the next week or so, I would love to get into this. But I will have to beg/steal/borrow items, and probably get a rush in order to be ready. I don't have a single thing in SC, but, chances of me getting internet back on at my home are slim.
  12. jeffy

jeffy IncGamers Member

Probably won't be able to take part for various reasons, but on the item tip, I have a ber'd shako so if that's relevant for a build you have in mind let me know and you can borrow it. Another item that might be useful is a perfect verdungo's (well, 40/15% at least). An Enigma BP also that I'm fine with not having for a week. Trap skill / 12% FHR also for you sin freaks if that's needed.
  13. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia IncGamers Member

I'll try and be around, but I am shortly moving to the west coast of North America and things will be hectic for a fair while. That will, of course, provide no improvement to time zones or ping when joining all of the players from Europe. >.<

Also, having not played since I think Christmas I may have to bring Sapphire just to avoid getting slaughtered due to noobishness.
  14. colony

colony IncGamers Member

If I'm in the right country at the time I'll be there. I can even host too.
  15. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

Hi Pyro, nice to see you drop in :)

Get the excuses in early! I honestly can't remember the last time I played. Maybe one or two nights this year.

@col: Travelling lots with work?
  16. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia IncGamers Member

Oh, I'm just getting warmed up. ;)
  17. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Not at the moment, I managed to spend the whole of August at home, but multi-week trips overseas have a habit of popping up at short notice in early Autumn - I've spent the last two Octobers away, so a third wouldn't surprise me too much.
  18. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

19. bassano

bassano IncGamers Member

This time I am definitelly in, I do nto think I can host but I am quite sure I can join this time,
    If I will not forgot about that up to that time I should play

btw. which patch it is actually? I did not played quite long time
  20. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

Would anyone want to MP with me (Hell Baals) to level my Hammerdin?

1.13d afaik