Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

PvP Vindicator/Templar ~ FoH CtA?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Betrayal, Dec 23, 2012. | Replies: 1 | Views: 1919

1. Betrayal

Betrayal IncGamers Member

I have read numerous guides on the internet regarding the PvP V/T, but there does not seem to be a unanimous agreement about the 'FoH stick', a white scepter with +skills in FoH and Conviction, made into the common runeword 'Call to Arms'.

What appealed to me about such a cute CtA, is that weapon switching allows quick access to a pair of preset left and right mouse skills. All you would need to do in the heat of battle is to tap 'w' into FoH/Conv, without manually hotkeying to them from smite/fanat.

With that being said, I would think that this is merely a convenience, and if there are any hard-benefits to perhaps not use this FoH CtA, then it probably shouldn't be used as the matter becomes a question of mere practice. But I haven't heard any discussions yet, so I would like to hear your thoughts on this!

Thank you, and apologies if the answer is obvious.
  2. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

It might work if the opponent is trying to flee to town or something like that. In a back and forth offensive play you will just get instantly jumped while you have your cta out and you won't be able to defend yourself with smite because you have no smite damage with cta out.

In short, it unneccesarily complicates your gameplay making you more vulnerable to mistakes.