Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP classic 110 fcr fire sorc guide

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fredsta54, Apr 15, 2005. | Replies: 25 | Views: 23879

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

PvP classic 110 fcr fire sorc guide

Hey guys.

This forum just got opened up so i thought id post a fun build which i have had immense success with.

what is it?

A fire sorc, geared towards pking/dueling other players.

there are 2 ways you can build this character

option 1: utilises an energy shield, so basically it will survive more hits but will do less damage.

skills
    20 fireball
    20 meteor
    20 firebolt
    20 telekenises
    3+ to energy shield*
    1 warmth, tele, presquites etc.
    * we want around a 50% absorb energy shield

stats
    strngth- enough to use your heaviest peice of gear (should be below 50 base)
    dex- enough to use shard (51 base is ok)
    vita- everything else
    energy-100 (if you are attempting the energy shield variant then you need an soj, if u dont have 1 id go w/ option 2)

option 2: (recommended) goes all out damage, no energy shield.

skills
    20 fireball
    20 meteor
    20 firebolt
    20 fire mastery
    1 to warmth, tele, etc. if u have extra skill points u may want a point into cold armour.

stats
    strength- enough 4 gear
    dex- enough 4 shard
    vita- all
    energy- base

Pretty simple skill layout.

The Equipment: This sorceress uses 110 fcr for maximum firepower

You have to use the following items for this character to get 110 fcr
    magefist
    wall of the eyelss
    spectral shard
    you then need 20 more fcr from jewelry

This leaves us with the following options for gear

helm: rare helm w/ fhr, life, 2 or 3 resists above 20, (fire, light, or cold, poison is useless in classic pvp) or tarnhelm if u really want the +1 skill

armour: rare armour w/ fhr, life, 2 or 3 resists above 20 (fire, light or cold)

belt: rare belt w/ fhr, life, strength, resists (u get the drill by now)

boots: fhr rare boots w/ resists and resists above 30

Dont include poison as any of the 2 main resists on an item because there are no decent duelers who use poison in classic (but if u have poison in addition to the 2 main resists i guess its ok).

once fire resist is maxed then try and get items that do cold resist and light resist, cuz there are no - enemies res fire on classic but there is cold mastery and fohers who use conviction.

our goals from gear are 110 fcr, 60 fhr, 75 fire resist in hell, and stacked up cold and lightning resist.

Jewelry: you will need 20 fcr here to reach the 110 bp.

option 1:(for the rich)
    prismatic sorc ammy w/ fcr and a stacked resists (imo cold is best)
    Stone of jordan
    rare fcr ring w/ resists (+stats here are nice but not nessecary)

option 2:more realistictly
    same ammy as before only no fcr
    2 X rare fcr rings w/ resists

If you can afford it, socket your gear with p rubys or p saphs (i just mana pot so id p ruby)

That about sums up skills and gear.

Now for some dueling strategies

Dueling:
    Amazon-
    Charged strike/lightning javazon-
    Pelt them from a distance w/ fireballs and if they come 2 close put down meteors at your feet. These can be a pain if they have 85+ fire resist and are fast. If they get 2 close just tele away and attack more.
    Bowzon- a joke. Teleport on top of them and watch them die in a hit or 2 of ur fireball.

Necromancer-
    Bonemancer- this is really the only necro on classic that is viable in duels. Nethertheless its a fairly easy duel. With your massive fcr you will most likely to be able to beat him in a shootout. Personally i teleport on top of them and watch em reel into fhr animation.

Barbarian-
    BvB's- -resists in nightmare and hell. Slow. Low damage. Easy.
    SPeeders- these barbs only really win if you lag or run out of mana. Basically dont tank them (cuz you only have 40 block from eyeless) or you will die. A decent opponent.

Paladin-
    Hammerdin-You shouldnt lose to this fight, just pelt em w/ fballs and stay back.
    Foher- imho the hardest character for this sorc. Their conviction gets me to really low light resist and its usually a 2-3 hit ko for them. Try and hit em w/ fballs and if ur confident tele on top of them and show them whos boss.

Sorc-
    SvS-a hard matchup. These sorcs usually use frozen orb and thunderstorm. along w/ a decent energy shield. if your cold resist is enough to take their orb then try and teleport on them and fball the s***t out of em.
    Fire sorcs- Easy. They usually have only 70 fcr so you can beat them w/ ezz.
    Blizzard sorcs-they usually try and blizz you then teleport up in your face and spam ice blast. Fireball>ice blast so you should be able to win.
    Light sorcs-havent dueled any decent 1's in classic yet. I am interested in making one though.

This character is semi-cheap. It is cheaper than most godly sorcs because half of its gear is very easy to get.(shard, magefist, eyeless)

As far as leveling is concerned, get to lvl 20, leach in norm cows to 25, do nm cows to 40-50, then leach in hell cs until you are done. This is just imo but its the fastest. You can self rush yourself to hell act2 (mabye some help in nm cs)

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you make this character. It is amazing and it owns most pubby games.

Peace,

Fred
  2. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

It is somewhat of a guide so can we get a mod to sticky? Needs improvment though I would add a MF guide and a alternative items section, but a good basic part of a classic fire sorc. :D
  3. fredsta54

The build is for dueling (pvp) if u wanted to go mf i would go 4 70 fcr, and even so, fire isnt the best at pvm/mf, since at high lvls u only get experience from cs where there are many fire immunes. It does fine at hell andy but you would have to change the gear to get poison resist, plr, a mandatory es.... This guide is more to get players a feel of what gear to use and how to duel other classses. You can certainly have a poor mans gear version and be almost as effective against certain classses.
  4. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

True I really wouldn't use a fire sorc for MFing I just thought it should be added since it is possible, and is E shield good for sorc's on classic? I know tweakers used it but I have never used it for my orb/static I thought it would be to mana intensive to use with out sojs and Frosties. I still havn't had a problem without it?
  5. fredsta54

like i said in the guide i wouldnt put energy shield into this build unless you have an soj. Personally, my sorc doesnt use energy shield at all. I prefer more damage and w/ 110 fcr your not gonna get hit that much anyway. But some people just have to have energy shield on their sorcs so i may as well have it in there

Fred
  6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If this is a PvP guide, I suggest you providing equip solutions to the richer members.
  7. fredsta54

This guide is for the richer members. This gear is by no means cheap.
  8. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I agree in classic I really don't see a point in Energy shield it takes a lot of mana to pull off and I would wrather opt out for higher dmging skills and vit then a ton of mana that won't be of use to me if i get psnd.
  9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

I will sticky it. But may I suggest that you write an equipment guide for the less rich players? That would round it out nicely.
    Keep up the feedback everyone.
  10. fredsta54

ok ill work on a poor mans gear section

Fred
  11. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

I used a build like this, almost exactly like this. I found +2 skills efficient (ammy) to have rares for helm/rings, because I'd rather give up damage and have a large dmg range still for a lot more resists and life, etc.
  12. BigBearCat

BigBearCat IncGamers Member

Did u ever test how much dam per fb u can done on a well-prepared player with fr up to 95%?
  13. LaZyMuThAfUka

LaZyMuThAfUka IncGamers Member

ahhh this is the sorta sorc im making now....but i been thinking how can you have 20+20+20+20+1+ another 20 for es? you would need at least lvl 95 to get that high :p
    yah well my fire sorc is only lvl 84 atm but i could get it to lvl 90 no problem...anyways yea i been thinking instead of lvl 20 telekinis....
    it would be jsut as tanky as 10es+10telekin.....i tested the build with zonfire and the 20telekin+1 es save alot more mana...
    but 10es+10telekin saves alot of hp lol...so really its your choice......
    it depends if you want mana or want more hp...
    good thing my sorc has godly items......so yea i took the 10es+10tk to make it mroe balanced....
  14. fredsta54

I have dueled many players who use hotspurs to get to 90% fire resist and have beat them pretty easily. If they had 95 fr..... would just take longer.

@LaZyMuThAfUka: I wouldnt reccomend using es in your build, and if you must get telekenises to at least lvl 15 and since u will have 110 fcr u wont have enough mana to use a high lvl es effectively. Dont use it at all if you dont have an soj.
  15. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Hes got soj's aplenty. Im tossing around a fb vs fb build, since a lot of people are getting serious about it on west ladder. I think i'll opt for max damage over max fhr. K well here are my ideas
    2+ 10% fcr amulet. Fire resist is only req. Shouldnt be that expensive
    Darkglow ringmail
    Hotspurs
    Shard
    Eyeless
    Magefists
    Tarnhelm
    Rare fcr ring with fire resist.
    SoJ
    Rare belt with fire resist.
    With this setup you would hit 110% fcr, and 5+ skills. You could easily hit 95% fire resist:
    45 (hotspurs)
    20+ (amulet)
    30 (belt)
    30 (ring)
    10 (shard)
    10 (darkglow)

Otherwise a build with 86% fhr would own aswell. Blinkbats and nokozan =60% fhr already. Although then it becomes more complicated, like if you wanna hit 110% fcr using fcr rings, or opt for more dmg by using 2 soj's. Anyone got any ideas?
  16. fredsta54

you can have fhr and have the same resists and +skills (apart from tarn)

As for having 86 fhr, there is actually 1 viable option for it on sorcs, although you wont reach 110 fcr

+17 fhr on shield
    +10 on helm
    +10 on boots
    +24 on armour
    +30 on bladebuckle
    =86 or 87 fhr

This is better than using blinkbats, because rare armour can have more bonuses nad is more common than a rare belt, it can be socketed also, and bladebuckle has half decent defense and a few stats.

Fred
  17. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

kk, so its bladebuckle + rare armour versus blinkbats + rare belt.
    Lets see:
    Bladebuckle: Very high strength requirement, low stats, no life/resists. Only thing going for it is 30% fhr.
    Rare armour: 24% fhr | 98 life (socketed) | 30 fire resist | 30 cold resist. Good luck getting one with these mods +stats

So this gives: 54% fhr | 98 life | 30 fire/cold resist | 10 dex | 5 strength doesnt erally count because you wont be using an item with more than 60 str req anyway. Oh, and defense (in this case) is insignificant.

In the blue corner:
    Blinkbats: Low str req | 40% fhr | 10% frw
    Rare belt: Low str req | 24% fhr | 60 life | 20 str | 30 fire/cold resist | Ok this belt would be kinda pricy but since the rare armour is socketed, im sure this would be of equal value

So this gives: 64% fhr (10% more than other setup) | 60 life | 20 str (which inturn = 40 life, 2 more than a Pruby gives | Equal resists | Much lower str requirement, since ideally 45 str (magefist) should be all you need.

Well there you have it, rare belt + blinkbats > bladebuckle + rare armour. With the extra 10% fhr, you can opt to use an item that doesnt have fhr, but excellent other mods, e.g. boots.
  18. fredsta54

The only difference is that bladebuckle has stats and blinkbats doesnt. As for the 60 strngth req, imo, the best shield for a sorc is a -reqs tower shield as opposed to a bone//grim. Same or lower requirements, and more block.

Fred
  19. Karamba

Karamba IncGamers Member

but..... , ....and Twitchroe :cry: ?

With it , u can have + 25% chance to block(with gives to u 65% , is this right ?) , + 24 fhr , and + 10 to str and dex (more pts in Vit) .Ok , there many rare amors better , but without ES i think fhr and some chance to block can make the difference :scratch: ...
  20. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Well, you can keep one in stash to duel speeders...