Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP anyone?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by SnickerSnack, Jan 17, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 578

1. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I installed the PTR client yesterday, and today I spent a few minutes getting demonic essences and making some of the new crafts. Nearly every one of them was pretty decent.

Anyway, I also did a little bit of PvP, and it was interesting. If anyone would like to try it out, get the PTR and send me a friend request. Instructions for getting the PTR client here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414569/Patch_107_Now_Available_on_PTR-1_15_2013

You can also spend a little time doing some PvE and report any bugs you find.
  2. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I have to download the ptr, but I would like to test something not-exactly-cool, if you don't mind.

I want to see how/if low dps monk freezes/stuns people on pvp. I don't think I have any duel-ready char (tbh, I don't know if I have any MP2 char :whistling:)
  3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

It does. I had a bit of trouble with a monk that had pretty low dps (~24k), but made good use of stuns.

I may be on later today. Not sure.
  4. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I downloaded half-the-thing. When they apply some fixes on ptr, it's patched or I have to download 8 Gigabytes again (I don't have a download limit, but the client kinda shuts down my internet in a way I can't even read emails).

Maybe the monk was using good gear with sledge fist - 30-45% chance of stunning, but ~160 dps. I was going to test that with over 2 APS to try perma-stun, but I don't know if it's gonna work in 4-people ffa, depending on how ciclone procs and DH use gloom in your face, barbs wotb and throw hammers in your face to show what is stunning, etc. The problem with monk is that you only have serenity time to make the lock works. I would like to at least see it on a livestrem, anyway, if I can't put the thing together.
  5. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

It sort of works. But not against anyone who has decent gear, as everyone has a hard counter to it anyway, and will just end up 1 or 2 shotting you during that counter.

Cyclones don't work at all in pvp, the spirit cost is too high, and you kill people much to quickly for cyclones to even do anything. PvP is very offensive, so Dashing strike - WoL or SSS kills most players outright.