Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVE Titan build... Still viable?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Skinbo, Jul 9, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 2505

1. Skinbo

Skinbo IncGamers Member

Hello,Ive been searching the forums to see if there was a 1.13 titan build that could still work in PVE. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?794920-Barb-Build-The-TitanThe one above really caught my attention and I want to try it, but if it wont work in 1.13, could anyone tell me why?Note: I know its a closed thread, but i did my searches and found nothing else similar. Thanks to all!

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

3. wixxkruppel

wixxkruppel IncGamers Member

Definitely viable (but not optimal unless you're filthy rich)... however, you have to decide if dying randomly to stuff is worth it compared to a vit build.

With pure titan (say 2h-WW) you'll get instapopped against a pack of cursed, extra strong, fanaticism archers before you even get into WW range. Gloams can rip you up, mana burn will often leave you standing dead if surrounded, diablo's lightning hose can kill you on a bad whirl, or simply getting amped while under heavy burst damage etc.. (would probably be a good idea to wear a 20 abs wisp for chaos/wsk).

The safest build would no doubt be a PDR barb, however, your killing speed will be pretty dreadful (if joining higher player games). Used this 2h-ww build to clear chaos sanctuary on p8 (but died to diablo's hose in the end). Tried WSK on p4, but died to mana burn against lister. With pure titan you obviously have to play more careful / look out for nasty mods.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  4. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Check out my youtube videos, i use a 700 strength titan barb in many of them and do 8 player cs runs with no problems. a good idea is to get a reaper merc with this so he can calm the monsters down, especially the nasty packs

5. Skinbo

Skinbo IncGamers Member

Sounds awesome... what is your channel name?

6. DHK

DHK IncGamers Member

Of course it is man! Its just kinda expensive if you want to do it to the max. If done right though they can be among the most powerful classes in the game though.

7. Skinbo

Skinbo IncGamers Member

Ok so ive gotten geared up:

Ebotd great poleaxe (413 ed)
    Arreats face
    Metalgrid
    Fortitude Wyrmhide (for faster r/w)
    Dungos
    Laying of hands
    1x Bul Kathos
    1x Ravenfrost

I'm now wondering if i should try uber trist with this build.

There are almost no WW uber trist builds, and Im just wondering why?

8. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Harder to get Lifetap with ww, using charges on a shopped wand is an option. Also if your life buffer isnt that big you might want a wisp and treachery prebuff in there to help against meph