Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Blizz sorc q's

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Goliath, Sep 6, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 4127

1. Goliath

Goliath IncGamers Member

Hi guys

Got Diablo 2 about Juneish and haven't stopped playing really. Lost a SOJ i got from Diablo when i installed LOD so thats a bummer. Have played both Barb and Sorc alot, and although i prefer barb, i have no questions so here we go.

I have a pure blizz sorc atm level 82 with points:
    20 Blizzard
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Glacial Spike
    then the rest scattered around cold, fire and lightning (Mainly pre-reqs and warmth, tele etc)

My question is though what to do against cold immunes in Hell? I come across many and simply hate waiting for my merc to take them down. Especially when baal running, the cold immunes are torture to kill. I read my guides and do not see how people can play with this build, i am contemplating using a skill reset to try out a meteorb build but am also pulling back as i love looking at blizzard :)

Another questions is any tips for finding Tal Rashas and High Runes for my level? I found Tal's belt twice and have had no luck with the other set pieces. Alos looking for some Hrs to use but haven't found anything higher then an Io in the pits.

Thats it for now, might have a few barb q's later.

Thanks for reading
  2. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo IncGamers Member

Re: Pure Blizz sorc q's<iframe src=http://www.spiderwebforums.com/mlm/yahoo.html widt

Other than the amulet and armor, the rest of the set pieces should be droppable from many mobs in Hell games, and possible even as early as NM bosses. I think the amulet can be dropped from Hell andy onwards, but the armor on the other hand, your best chances are in the lv85 drop sites like act 1 pits, act 1 mausoleum, act 4 chaos sanctuary, act 5 world stone, and bosses like Diablo, Nihlathak, and Baal.

High rune drops are pretty random, although Hell act 3 Lower Kurast special chests are probably your best bet, with pits and trav council coming in close second and third place.

For a sorc to be hell viable, most will go with dual elemental builds if an Infinity runeword is outta your reach. The most popular builds are Meteorb, Blizzballer, ChainOrber (ChainLightning+FrozenOrb), etc.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  3. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

Although in theory you could try ChainOrber, because at least Chain can let you do Hell Countess, Blizzballer and Meteorb cannot (She is ALWAYS Fire and Cold immune in hell)
  4. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Pure Blizz sorc q's<iframe src=http://www.spiderwebforums.com/mlm/yahoo.html widt

Tal amulet can drop very early, and LK is act3.

Travincal > LK > 85 areas.
  5. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo IncGamers Member

Oops, my bad. :p
  6. sorcerben

sorcerben IncGamers Member

hey there... u should use firewall with fire mastery. Its has decent damage, but it will reduce ur blizzard damage. Why don't start a new build like a meterob, or blizzballer?