Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Public Transportation Stories

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Leopold Stotch, Sep 18, 2012. | Replies: 13 | Views: 2082

1. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

I have had the creepiest.... week, at least, with public transportation. Today was the absolute creepiest.

I get on my bus in the afternoon and I'm talking to a friend who has been ill all day yesterday and today. Checking up on him and just talking as we talk every day when I am on the bus. At one of the stops, this dude gets on. I'm talking yet watching him because he's talking something and sounds pissed about something, Idk. Puts his money in and makes his way to find a seat. Before he sits down, he sticks his hand in my face. Just. Randomly. Sticks his hand in my face while I'm on the phone with my friend. Obviously, he wants to shake my hand. Okay.... I shake it. He then sits across the tiny aisle from me and is saying some **** about a pretty white girl, possibly his girlfriend who has just left him, and I am some pretty white girl or something. The AC was really loud and the street was bumpy so the windows shake loudly. I could barely hear him. All I could hear was something about a pretty white girl and his life was hard.... and his eyes not leaving my bosom area. And my shirt is not low cut, it's a regular shirt with a mermaid on it.

Suddenly he notices I'm on the phone and is like, "You settle your business and I'll get back to you."

"O-kaay. . ."

He keeps trying to get my attention, and me being a little pansy, just kinda "Heh-heh" at whatever he saying. Maybe he will get the hint I'm on the phone. He then hops to the empty seat in front of me and leans in and offers me his number. I say "I already have a boyfriend." Was about to add "I'm talking to him right now," but he cut me off to say something else. Well, my stop was coming up, so I stand. He stands to and asks for a hug. I'm like, "Ehhh....." He hugs me and is all like, "Is this your stop? Let me walk you to your stop."

"No, no! That's fine! You don't have to!"

"No, I want to. I'll walk you to the door."

"No, no. That's really fine. You really don't need to."

Thank God the bus driver was paying attention (sat close enough to him) that he let me out a stop or two before my actual stop. Bro walks me to the door and I get off. He's like, "You have a good day" and the bus driver is trying to close the door on him. I'm just freaking out at this point and I'm telling my friend what happened. I'm like, "I don't want to ride the bus anymore. I'm done."

So, I called another friend who lives close by. He picked me up once I was at home and we got pepper spray. So, I'm armed with a spare car key and pepper spray! :alright:

I'm just.... Ya know, on most days the bus is not that bad. It really isn't. I am grateful for the transporation, but on days like today and one day last week where some guy is asking for my number.... It's not okay. I have been saving up for a car. At this point, it's barely enough, but on days like today barely enough is good enough for me!

Anyone else have weird stories about public transit?
  2. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

Well this week, I was on a bus chatting to a pretty little thing in a mermaid t-shirt ... man, she was freaky. :no:

Good grief, Leo, don't make me come over there and start busting heads. You be safe!

On topic. I was on a bus once with a guy who was regurgitating peas from a meal at least three hours before. He could bring them up, one at a time, and could usually choose shelled or un-shelled, upon request. That was a weird journey.
  3. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

4. flubbucket

flubbucket IncGamers Member

5. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

Dude! ****, Leo! You need a stun gun, some rope, and a blow torch!! And some bodyguards! ...And a car! ...With a flame thrower!!

---
    Wow, I bet that freaked you out. Probably the best thing to do is to not acknowledge someone creepy at all, and if you do have to, don't try to be nice or passive about it, just firmly state your lack of interest in talking to them and don't talk to them any further after that. Try not to give them any foothold into continuing to talk to you. Hell, just tell them the truth, that they're creeping you the **** out! Also make sure to say anything loud enough for other people to hear, so they have a heads up that something screwy is going on. If you feel like you need to, don't be afraid to ask for help either. Most people are fairly decent. That bus driver for example.

---
    I don't take public transpo, but a friend of mine rides to college on the bus, and he always has stories to tell, but they mostly revolve around people who need to be institutionalized trying to convince him of this, that, or the other. He usually takes it in stride though unless it's a religious loon.
  6. Leopold Stotch

Religious loons.... oy....

Going with my mom soon for a car. We'll see what we can do.

Oh, and thanks, Flubb. i'll be sure not to take the subway if I am ever in NY. :D Last night, the hugger was re-named Huggs by my friend. God forbid that happens to me, I'll name that guy Jacks. Anways, three years probation? wtf, NY? how is that not a sexual assault?! Because it's not violent? Maybe not physically, but mentally.

On a lighter note, a man sat in front of me last week on a night ride home and he reeked of old baloney.
  7. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

His old reeking baloney wasn't sandwich meat.

fwiw.

:D
  8. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

One time I saw a young person give up their seat to an old person.

:eek:mg:
  9. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I think we have buses around here. I'm sorta out from it all so i don't know where they stop. I know there are shuttles from some of the train stations to extra parking lots scattered around. I have a friend who walks to a parking lot, takes a shuttle then does the train thing into the city. I think there's one like this close to me, but I never take the train and don't like going to the city unless i have to.

but hey, at least you know you're pretty. you would've been really mad if he walked on and saw you and was like, ugh, look at the ugly white girl. then he acted like you were diseased or something. Would've been a serious mind****.
  10. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

What's wrong with that? {J/K!!}

Not to put too fine a point on this, but I'm assuming that the 'dude' was... well, a couple of sepia tones more similar to me than thee? In all seriousness, you ought to take some wummin's self defense classes - pepper spray is fine as far as it goes, but you need to be able to do some quick damage if needed. Not everyone in our nation holds the same regard towards the American social compact (i.e. citizens don't rape lone women).

Regarding the topic, both of mine are from Spanish bussing, and quite a long time ago - I remember a gypsy woman breast-feeding carelessly (which to an American pre-teen was pretty strange and not really sexy at all).

I also remember suddenly understanding how the false attribution of the term "The Ugly American" came about (for those who don't know, it's actually about the haplessness of overseas American altruism). An American tourist stood in the bus doorway and shouted for directions at the driver, sounding all too much like Paula Deen (SAY HA-BLAH ESPAGNOL). Speaking loudly to a native as if that's going to make you more comprehensible... What a jackass.

I didn't know who you were, or I wouldn't have done it.
  11. Leopold Stotch

i actually had that when I was nine years old. I wasn't an ugly kid... Okay, the Sally Jessie Raphael glasses may have not helped, but I didn't have buck teeth or bad teeth, i didn't smell, my hair was a little bushy but I'm a ****ing kid. Come on. Wtf do I know about hairstyling at the age? Anyways, classmate called me an "ugly *****". *casual shrug* kids are ****ing horrible, dude. Teens aren't much better. I am a bit grateful that I wasn't tormented as a teen.

Still, though. doesn't matter if I am pretty or not. It's one thing to compliment someone ("You have nice eyes/smile/face" whatever the hell!) and a completely different story when someone blows a kiss at you from across the street (was waiting for my bus and some dude in a truck slowed down and decided it was very appropriate to blow a smooch at me. This mother ****er was across the street too and I almost threw up right there. Who the **** does that?). It's a lack of decency and it is degrading. Just like if there was an unattractive woman on the bus and she was getting harassed. "Damn, you an ugly *****!" Seriously, come on. We should be A LOT more civilized than that, but most people are not. To add to that, most people jackasses, including myself, but I'm not going to berate a woman or a man for being ugly. :p

Well, I DO have a face not made of bosoms. :D That's a start! lol!! How weird would you feel if I was talking to you but avoiding your face and paying more attention to the moose knuckle in your slacks? :rolf:

*hugs Merv*

Yes, I know. I'm trying to remember what my old roommate taught us in karate. Might have to ask her for tips, but I really don't want to.... ugh. I feel... weird around her, short story version of it.

I seriously envisioned Paula Deen doing that. :rolf: Even heard her voice. "HEY Y'ALL! TODAY, WE'RE GUNNA MAKE A DISH THAT IS SIMPLY TO DIE FOR! LITERALLY! SO MUCH BUTTER ONE BITE AND YOU'LL HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL, Y'ALL!" *famous Paula Deen laugh*
  12. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I'm a fanny man, personally. Still, it's kind of difficult to keep eyes locked on a woman's face when she has a couple of angry basketballs menacing you...
    Where'd you find pics of me online? :D
    {Hugs Leo back in a paternalistic agape manner}
    Well, she's not got a lock on the subject; this is a nice start:
  13. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

14. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Only in the Americas but...

[​IMG]

Don't Sit Next the Coyote