Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PTR Patch 1.07 updated today 1/30/13

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Genocides, Jan 31, 2013. | Replies: 26 | Views: 4262

1. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Site Pal

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'm so glad they boosted the damage on the Marquis topaz, that was the biggest fail ever!!!

Glad to see we can at least vanish Legendaries now!
  3. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

best notes

[h=1]Dueling[/h]
    • General
      • Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards now receive a 30% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
      • Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
        • Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)
      • Nek the Brawler has been evicted from the Slaughtered Calf Inn and now resides alongside your followers in Act I
        • He's now also available in the Act II and Act III/Act IV hubs
      • A PvP chat channel has been added
  4. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Sorry but this patch, and the new crafting recipes are exactly why this game failed so bad in the first place.

They simply do not learn from their mistakes.

If these new recipes don't fail as miserably as the current crafting system I will sell my first born son.
  5. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Site Pal

Skill Rune - Explosive Light

Weapon damage increased from 430% to 914%

This is fun especially now that I'm at 8.16 spirit regen/sec from gear!
  6. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

This changes everything!

They buffed all rubies, which is a nice thing. Don't know what difference it makes, but it'll make the people on the b.net forums finally stop asking why they haven't done this incredibly obvious thing.

And if I'm reading it right, Reflect Damage was further nerfed. Rejoice! Nothing should ever kill you in Diablo 3 ever again.
  7. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Cyclones generated by Sweeping Wind should now travel roughly in the same direction that the player is facing

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
  8. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

400% boost to plan drops is nice....!
  9. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

I kinda liked that they were everywhere, looked fun. Will see how this changes things :)

I wonder how the reflect dmg change will affect dmg over time, I guess not at all? Perhaps I wont instant kill my monk with a Skorn-crit at least, which should mean I'm safe against reflect dmg :p

And it's very unlikely this will make me do any sort of crafting...
  10. Chiron

Chiron IncGamers Member

Care to elaborate?

Awesome patch, in fact so awesome that I don't want to play until it hits live. ;D Oh well, I'll have time to really test drive PoE.
  11. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Actually, this patch will temporarily address one of my bigger issues with the game, which is that you kind of run out of stuff to do after a while. As I'm playing self-found, a lot of the crafted items will be upgrades due to the mainstat roll, so giving me a set of recipes to collect that will give me a gear upgrade with high likelihood, makes a lot of sense. I also appreciate the increase to jeweler design drop rates -- I've found just 2 in my entire time playing, but stonewalling me from upgrading gems less is another way I can have more to do, or at least more goals to chase.

In order to really address some of the core stuff they'd have to re-do the game, as everyone is aware, so the best a patch can do is add some more carrots to run after. Obviously, if you don't like the experience, you're not going to like the carrots either, but that's okay. I keep hoping that they'll just re-use existing assets to make an endless dungeon with some kind of twist, but 1.0.7 will at least give me something slightly less random to chase while I wait for something like that to be added.
  12. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Uh that won't change a thing I think.. Reflect damage is always 10% of the damage dealt.. So the only reason you would hit the "cap" now is if you overshoot your target: only the final hit when you kill a monster this cap will have effect.
  13. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

what happens when the carrots run out? it's not like d3 players are paying a subscription.
  14. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Stop playing, wait for more carrots, start playing, eat carrots, stop playing. Precisely why you're not paying a subscription is exactly why it's okay to stop playing and for content to be finite. I mean, the game is still there and meant to be replayed so it's not like you beat story mode and you're done, but the game definitely gets considerably less rewarding over time. The more I've played, the less I've played per session / per week, but that's pretty normal.
  15. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

yes, content is finite, but full price waiting for incomplete content to be finished? no thanks.
  16. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

With the 600 hours I played I still think this is a very high priced product.

Sorry but I won't pay 0.2,- for hourly "Below average" spare time. (And yes those things are below average, good spare time is when you do things with friends see each other in real life and make memorable stories which you talk about years later).
  17. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Eh, it was $60 for AT LEAST the amount of hours it takes you to clear all four difficulties, and that's assuming that you don't want to play any other classes. I'm not saying it's the greatest value ever (FTL at $5 probably provides as much bang for each dollar), but it's certainly past that $1/hr mark unless you really, really hate the content that does exist, which is pretty okay for me. Plus, my entire point in my original post was that even if the retail price-to-finite content ratio is lacking, in your opinion, they're still patching stuff in which expands the finite content, improving the ratio over time.

As always, if people (not you specifically) want to be salty about "not getting their money's worth," and carry on about it endlessly, that's their prerogative, though it's pretty tired and passe at this point. The rest of us will just continue doing stuff we like and not doing stuff we don't. When I buy an appliance (like a blender) that breaks soon after purchase, I just make a note not to buy blenders / appliances from the same manufacturer again, I don't go on the manufacturer's website or appliance fan forums (do those exist? probably) and make my displeasure known, because I'm too busy enjoying my new blender. (This is assuming I actually use blenders -- in reality I'm not sure I've ever used a blender, but that's a separate point. Maybe I should've used toasters instead.)
  18. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

And good citizenship (In the form of our government) promotes such an activity, to keep companies in check.
  19. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

do you really think they have not gotten enough feedback at this point to realize that ?
    i mean they even nerfed the demonic essence droprates- you were never intended to get useful items with crafting at a reasonable pace or with special affixes. they just replaced the rotten carrot on the stick with a bigger rotten carrot.

they don't have any intention to please the demographic that loved d2:lod anymore. they just to want leech more money out of the economy - and more time out of the gullible.
  20. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Made me think of this. :p

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2C54W4I5AUNVS
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013