Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PTR Patch 1.07 updated today 1/30/13

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Genocides, Jan 31, 2013. | Replies: 22 | Views: 4363

1. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Site Pal

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'm so glad they boosted the damage on the Marquis topaz, that was the biggest fail ever!!!

Glad to see we can at least vanish Legendaries now!

3. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

best notes

[h=1]Dueling[/h]
    • General
      • Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards now receive a 30% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
      • Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
        • Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)
      • Nek the Brawler has been evicted from the Slaughtered Calf Inn and now resides alongside your followers in Act I
        • He's now also available in the Act II and Act III/Act IV hubs
      • A PvP chat channel has been added

4. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Sorry but this patch, and the new crafting recipes are exactly why this game failed so bad in the first place.

They simply do not learn from their mistakes.

If these new recipes don't fail as miserably as the current crafting system I will sell my first born son.

5. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Site Pal

Skill Rune - Explosive Light

Weapon damage increased from 430% to 914%

This is fun especially now that I'm at 8.16 spirit regen/sec from gear!

6. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

This changes everything!

They buffed all rubies, which is a nice thing. Don't know what difference it makes, but it'll make the people on the b.net forums finally stop asking why they haven't done this incredibly obvious thing.

And if I'm reading it right, Reflect Damage was further nerfed. Rejoice! Nothing should ever kill you in Diablo 3 ever again.

7. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Cyclones generated by Sweeping Wind should now travel roughly in the same direction that the player is facing

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

8. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

400% boost to plan drops is nice....!

9. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

I kinda liked that they were everywhere, looked fun. Will see how this changes things :)

I wonder how the reflect dmg change will affect dmg over time, I guess not at all? Perhaps I wont instant kill my monk with a Skorn-crit at least, which should mean I'm safe against reflect dmg :p

And it's very unlikely this will make me do any sort of crafting...

10. Chiron

Chiron IncGamers Member

Care to elaborate?

Awesome patch, in fact so awesome that I don't want to play until it hits live. ;D Oh well, I'll have time to really test drive PoE.

11. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Uh that won't change a thing I think.. Reflect damage is always 10% of the damage dealt.. So the only reason you would hit the "cap" now is if you overshoot your target: only the final hit when you kill a monster this cap will have effect.

12. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

what happens when the carrots run out? it's not like d3 players are paying a subscription.

13. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

yes, content is finite, but full price waiting for incomplete content to be finished? no thanks.

14. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

With the 600 hours I played I still think this is a very high priced product.

Sorry but I won't pay 0.2,- for hourly "Below average" spare time. (And yes those things are below average, good spare time is when you do things with friends see each other in real life and make memorable stories which you talk about years later).

15. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

And good citizenship (In the form of our government) promotes such an activity, to keep companies in check.

16. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

do you really think they have not gotten enough feedback at this point to realize that ?
    i mean they even nerfed the demonic essence droprates- you were never intended to get useful items with crafting at a reasonable pace or with special affixes. they just replaced the rotten carrot on the stick with a bigger rotten carrot.

they don't have any intention to please the demographic that loved d2:lod anymore. they just to want leech more money out of the economy - and more time out of the gullible.

17. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Made me think of this. :p

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2C54W4I5AUNVS

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  18. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

if? my opinion? oh, but it's not a matter of speculation or opinion as to whether or not content is lacking. blizz already pleaded guilty:
    We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now. - Bashiok

If we release content that is mediocre or rushed, then we might make some people happy for a little while, but after a couple of hours they will no longer feel it is fun to do and that will not be good for the game in the long run. - Vaneras

Second of all; this interview was made and published before Diablo III released, so at that point we were not aware of the various issues and concerns that the players would come to have after the game was released. At that point in time, we were feeling confident that the quality of Diablo III was in a good spot and that players would get a solid experience, but nowhere did we claim that it would be the perfect game, and nowhere to this day have we
    acted or pretended that it is the perfect game. - Vaneras
    lulz..i like Vaneras. i think he's the new bashiok. i loved that bit about medicore and rushed content and the part about "we were not aware" brought tears (of laughter) to my eyes. apparently, you players did nothing to make blizz aware legendaries were crap or any other issue or concern during pre-release or beta. shameful. also, as far as patches actually improving the ratio. now, that is a matter of opinion and good luck with that miracle carrot.
    again, no thank you. it's great you think a poorly crafted game has value, but surely you understand why most people probably wouldn't be as convinced of the quality as you seem to be of any product in which the manufactuer itself openly admits it isn't up to par.
    again, that's great, but neither case is somehow more admirable than the other whether one complains or not. OTOH, not buying obviously shoddy products in the first place is a start.

19. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

Is there any guestimate on when this patch goes live on the normal servers? Or does anyone know how long stuff typically stays up on the PTRs? I vaguely feel like playing around with this game again for a bit, but it looks like they're changing so many monk abilities I don't really want to start one now and have everything change up on me suddenly.

20. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

StarCraft 2 : Heart of the Swarm releases on March 12

so my guess is if we don't see patch 1.07 by Feb 19 then we won't see it till May 14