Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Probably the best community in the world

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by boglav, Aug 31, 2013. | Replies: 11 | Views: 1054

1. boglav

boglav IncGamers Member

So I was asking today one of the fellow Hardcorers what his opinion was about the sell value of an item I was interested in on the AH. I had a winning bid, but the value kept increasing, and I have limited resources after investing most of my gold in my DH.
    Since his estimate was way beyond my means, I said "well..time to go farm", thinking that I'll have to postpone the upgrade. He then offered a loan, which I was hesitant to accept, because it was more than I was able to gather in a month's playtime. And then he invited me to a game, and donated to me a sum that is more than enough to build a more than decent inferno-worthy toon, saying it's a "welcome to Hardcore" prize.

I'm not gonna give his name (for his own good, even though some of you might guess who it is ;P), but I take this opportunity to express my feelings about the HC community and the one developed around this forum especially. I think it's great!

Months ago, when interest about D3 was beginning to fade, together with a group of dedicated friends, I used to do giveaways too. Stashes full of legendaries and decent sums of gold. Sure, we were condemned by the community where we did the giveaways for the quality of the items, but there were some people whom we managed to draw back into the game with these prizes. People who were stuck and with little playtime available, and almost gave up on d3.

It's great to find out that karma comes back around. That people, passionate about Diablo 3 share their passion and wish to create a better community, be it on SC or HC. I know how good it feels to give. To my benefactor : "Thank you!". I hope the day will come when I can return the favor to you, or another fellow player in need of a hand.

2. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Let me join in on the praises, Boglav!

This community here, is absolutely fantastically generous and giving, and were it not for people like JrSilva, oOmpie, Hippotion and many many others who have given me, both items, knowledge, power-rushes and their wonderful company in game, I would never have come back to the game, and never discover the wonders of the HC community.

I, too, hope to some day be able to give back in return, as I did so many years ago back in the D2 SPF days!

THANKS, EVERYBODY, FOR MAKING THIS FORUM and sub-community what it is... FANTASTIC! =)

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Pay it forward. :)

4. boglav

boglav IncGamers Member

I sure will!

5. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Christmas come early huh ;) Santa has helped me with my first tentative HC steps also, I haven't forgotten that!

Awesome community and it is halve of the fun, spamming this forum and playing together with great people!

6. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

Didn't make the cut to get my name listed, Vega :( I'm hurt.

7. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

He confused you with me ;) Tip: To get an honourable mention from Sparta you need to continuously make jokes about his # of RIPs ingame :p

8. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

Well this is what keeps me going playing D3 HC. I hope we can continue giving and receiving, making this a truly fun game to play in :)

9. boglav

boglav IncGamers Member

I sure can continue receiving :) (sorry, to funny for me not to put that in)

10. Sutekh

Sutekh IncGamers Member

Have to agree with this. Played with Vegameister today (Lord_Vega I think) and he generously donated an item to me, and directed me to these forums. I have not played in 4 months and do not know anyone on hardcore. Seems like a real nice community. Look forward to meeting new HC players :).

11. TheExorcist

TheExorcist IncGamers Member

It just feels right to be part of this community. Thanks everybody! :)

12. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

After having gotten so many great items, awesome advice, leveling service and just great companionship from other members here, I am glad I could help a little bit with that Zuni Pox, my friend!

Sutekh is a really great dude, everybody! Feel free to add him to your friend list! :)