Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Private Message system

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by Blackwing, Nov 9, 2009. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1033

1. Blackwing

Blackwing IncGamers Member

Private Message system

[BLUE=http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/member.php?u=330494]Is there two different PM systems on each account?
    I have a member/messages/inbox/
    and a standard vB setup.

While posting in this section, I see titles like dii.net member, diii.net member; is there a difference? Perhaps this has been asked.

And I created a signature under the 'faux' cp, but it isn't showing up.

One more thing; I didn't know if it is a taboo or anything to use this markup, BLUE, but it was a given option so I used it.[/BLUE]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Private Message system

The Blue posting option is from quotes by Blizzard posters on The Battle.net Forums, like Bashiok or Gfrazier for example. It's best to reserve the use of the Blue Post feature for those things.

Aside from that, there's no difference between the user titles with the PM system. You will notice that we have many different titles, some can be gotten through the Pal system while others may have come from the older Pal system (We're on the third one now) and still others can only be granted by the admins.

You can donate and become a Pal here if you wish: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/payments.php

3. Blackwing

Thank-you, and could you help me with these queries?

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Standard members don't have access to Signatures. You need to be a PAl or better to have a sig.

There is no faux CP, do you mean User CP?

Also, we only have one PM system. By chance are you talking about the visitor messages feature associated with the member profile area?
  5. Blackwing

6. Elly

Elly Administrator

Private messaging helps people contact other members outside of normal forum messaging. Messages in profiles are public, a wall if you will. Edit signature is for those who have access to the signature feature (PALS) to add or change their signature.

Beyond that perhaps vbulletin can help you more on the integration of the features in their software.
  7. Blackwing

So you don't know why there are two seperate inboxes?
  8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

It looks like one is for the forum and the other for the website (comments, new post, etc). I'd say the website side initially inherited alot of accounts from the forum when everything was configured (at least it looks that way).