Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Prism nerf

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by tjk, Apr 10, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 1482

1. tjk

tjk IncGamers Member

Prism nerf

Hi all,

Prism just got nerfed from 15 ap to 7 ap. . . this hurts many of the builds I was considering. . . Still probably worth it though.

The question for me is, does this make storm armor with power of the storm more important?? Or does it make it impossible to operate without a signature spell??

As an example --> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#iXQeag!UbT!cZbacZ

Where arcane missiles could be replaced by storm armor, and then you’d probably want to pick up astral presence for additional regen.

I’m sure there are other builds that rely on prism as well. . .

Thoughts?
  2. Elfik

Elfik IncGamers Member

Re: Prism nerf

To be honest, I'm glad prism was nerfed for several reasons. Diamond skin is my favorite skill right now, but I don't want to be "forced" (highly encouraged) to use the prism rune because it is OP. Secondly, I do think signature skills should have a purpose by design, not just for people who don't take prism, arcanot, power of the storm, and/or astral presence. The game should be balanced around what the majority of builds are going to look like, that is, balanced around the inclusion of a signature skill. I do think the niche build of avoiding a signature skill will be possible, but you'll have to work at it from all angles, and you should need more than just a hybrid defensive/resource skill to pull it off.
  3. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

It's still strong. Still can't imagine passing it up.
  4. Cid

Cid IncGamers Member

well, i think they nerfed it too much, going down to 10 would have been enough imho.
    my wizard build at least took a very hard hit with the nerfbat, but on the other hand i am glad they are doing the rebalancing prior to release.
  5. tjk

tjk IncGamers Member

Yeah, it felt like too much to me as well, but that's probably because I'm biased and would prefer it to be OP so I can abuse it. . . All good points Elfik. I think I'll probably still be using it as well, but will definately be using a signature spell instead of storm armor.
  6. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

It synergized too well with Critical Mass. Pretty sure they said they were trying to kill parasitic synergy which literally forced you to pick things together.

Still damn strong though; with some gear, you'll probably still be able to have "free" spells under Prism.
  7. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

With old prism you could stop using signature spells all together with some build planning. I can definitely see why they did what they did.
  8. PlagueofToads

PlagueofToads IncGamers Member

Its highly needed imo
  9. tjk

tjk IncGamers Member

Ok, so how about this then: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bjXTiQ!XbU!YYZZca

Max ap regen (14.5 per second with a templar and inspire). Disintegrate is 10 per cycle with PotS and prism, 17 per cycle otherwise.

Lightning affinity helps regen AP while casting disintegrate by letting off multiple casts before starting. Dunno how well that will work. . .

I'm assuming that weapon speed determines the cycle time of disintegrate? If so, and if disintegrate can't crit, go for a slow 2H'er and avoid crit. Could be good.