Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Predict the first Hardcore full Inferno clear date?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, May 13, 2012. | Replies: 44 | Views: 16605

?

How long after release for the first Hardcore to kill final act boss in Inferno.

1. 1 week or less, probably using some exploit.

18 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. 2 weeks

17 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. 3-4 weeks

47 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. 2 months

59 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. 3 months

36 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. 4 months

20 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 5-6 months

20 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. 6-9 months

21 vote(s)
    7.5%
  9. 10+ months

24 vote(s)
    8.6%
  10. never

18 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Flux

Flux Administrator

The main clear Inferno date pool thread has been going for weeks, but I realized today that we don't have one for Hardcore. That seems like a much more interesting question to me, since we can all envision a party more or less zerging their way through in normal mode, but that wont' do in HC. A single death will end the fun for those players and with all the talk we've heard from Jay Wilson about how his parties have wiped dozens of times on single bosses in Act One... yikes.

I could have worded the questions better. I meant 31-60 days for "2 months" and 61-90" days for 3 months, etc.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

3. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

3 months, but I plan on charging in head first as soon as my toon reaches Inferno. I'll most likely run back to Hell with my tail between my legs or deed.
  4. hpmons

hpmons IncGamers Member

I voted 10+ months. If Inferno really is as hard as they say, it will take a damn long time before anyone completes Inferno. Still, I wouldn't say its impossible.
  5. dazdreiden

dazdreiden IncGamers Member

Hard to say... it'll depend alot on how enrage timers are implemented. If all encounters are designed with soft enrages (non instant wipe oriented mechanics) then a full survivability team may be able to clear it without ever dying with a modest time increase as compared to a all out DPS group. If a few fights have instant wipe mechanics then they may need to start over a few times.

If a few people group up and share information then it should be doable in 2-3 weeks, 1 month tops. I imagine the most efficient way of doing this would be to have a expendable group that goes ahead of the chosen survivability group and suicides/rushes content and then warns the survival group what to expect. Having several groups that do this or simply several individuals would almost guarantee that the chosen group never encounters something unknown and dies. Ofcourse if you really want to lame it you can have the scouting group do everything in softcore. Lame but probably alot more efficient.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  6. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

I voted 2 months but I'm really thinking 5-6 weeks.
  7. prodiii

prodiii IncGamers Member

probably way easier in 4players party and i bet that such parties will be claiming the "rewards" - voted for 3-4 weeks. doesnt mean that someone will not die on the road...
    as going for solo i bet way longer. way way way longer. maybe even 2 months.
  8. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Yup, same here :). Seems like a reasonable amount of time...but I'm hoping to be surprised and not seeing anyone beat Hardcore Inferno for longer. :p

9. Scytale

Scytale IncGamers Member

Exactly 27 days!
  10. osiwm

osiwm IncGamers Member

Meh, voted 2 weeks before i saw the HC in the topic...
    Time to go to bed...

I'd up that to about 5 weeks if i could
  11. Dreadbringer

Dreadbringer IncGamers Member

Why do you think it will take that long? Think 4 Koreans/Germans - Good players, playing together with a good composition of party characters. ? I voted 2 weeks. Max. They will be able to have 1 guy maxing his Artisan with 4 peoples money.

I think you underestimate 4 good player in a group of characters that has good synergy. Like 1 Defensive Barb, 1 healer/mantra Monk, 1 Wiz for buffs/dmg and 1 DH for dmg.

EDIT: And of course they have a second team of mates who play the game in SC and tell them how the different areas and encounters should be beaten.
  12. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I'm thinking 5-6 months. If Blizzard doesn't patch the ability to chicken, though, then more like a month.
  13. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Because Blizzard has indicated that there will be significant gear checks required to get through Inferno. Combine that with no looting in HC and I'm thinking it'll take about as long to clear Inferno as it takes to hit 99 currently in D2X. If memory serves, we had the first 99 HC in S1 ~5-6 months after the patch's release.

All bets are off, though, if we get a team of 20+ people all farming to get a single character / group (whichever proves easier) through as we did with GER/RUSS barb.

14. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

at least no one has voted for never yet, gotta have faith!

also, I think it is possibly to be in the 6+ month range. Group play might not work the best. Who knows... I will definently be doing my first attempt on may 31, if i have a level 60 by then.
  15. Helpoing

Helpoing IncGamers Member

Probably over 2 months, cca 10 weeks. If Blizz stops all cheating early and fixes bugs and game exploits ASAP, then it might take longer.
  16. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

1 week, tops.
  17. djxput

djxput IncGamers Member

I put 2 months down ... IMO there is a big difference between a full clear and being able to do it on a consistent basis. Sure you want to be strong and good enough to take inferno down; but you also want to be able to do it again and again.

And I really dont think inferno will be as hard as they are implying ... or if it is - we will hear the carebears come out and whine and whine to blizzard how it is too hard and the team will keep making inferno easier and easier. They already said they might let the corpse be looted because again 'carebears' dont want to play hardcore in a hardcore mode.
    I honestly hope none is able to beat hc inferno before 6 months ... and even then its only a select few ... then I know I have a game that will last me awhile.
  18. Jetter

Jetter IncGamers Member

I put down 6-9. Guess I am not very optimistic. I would agree a good group of 4 players with synergy and planning can get pretty far, but it will only take one mistake in inferno and they would be down at least one or more players and time would have to be spent leveling up those who died to try again.
  19. cozmiccc

cozmiccc IncGamers Member

I guess this will be significantly longer than most people have expected. I'm not surprised if it's been 4 months and there still no one able to clear it, that's certainly a possibility given that Inferno is not designed for Hardcore character at all...
  20. Deguello

Deguello IncGamers Member

I expect some teams will be doing it in waves so that if a toon goes down there will be another to take his place or who is just a couple of levels behind and with a soft core faction gathering info for them. The only thing that can keep them from doing it in a matter of days is low drop rates relative to the gear check.

There may be exploits, but unless something it totally broken a HC team can't afford to keep zerging and hoping the RNG eventually favors them in a fight. Barring exploits that Bliz can't patch in time and not knowing anything about drop rates in Inferno, I'd guess it will take months rather than days.