Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

post your best legit finds

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by irontigran, Sep 12, 2009. | Replies: 125 | Views: 38873

1. irontigran

irontigran IncGamers Member

post your best legit finds

first off, if youre not legit (dupes, hacks) it doesnt matter what your legit find is, as you can just kill monsters faster... that being said-

I had a very nice find tonight. I was playing on my naked mage (who doesnt use items obviously, nor sells them for profit) and found an ammy.. so I decided to identify it and it was.. .. a zodiac ammy! +20 to all!!! I wish it was an obsodian zodiac, but still a sweet find nonetheless. I found it in normal/hell lvl 15
    so heres my alltime best find list-

1.naj plate
    2.zodiac ammy
    3.mess. reaver

what are your best finds??
  2. sunkenfaith

sunkenfaith IncGamers Member

Re: post your best legit finds

I only managed to find a Mess Reaver once and I loved it to bits!
  3. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

I remember that I had a dragon's ring of zodiac with 59 mana and 20 all stats.
    To be honest it was years ago, but I still remember it :)
  4. CCCenturion

CCCenturion IncGamers Member

I just got back into playing D1 since I was getting bored of D2 (hopefully 1.13 changes that). My first time through the game, I lucked out and found Naj's plate really early on; somewhere in the Cats... don't remember which level though. I want to say level 7?

I'm playing Hellfire, though. Does that change the drop rates?

EDIT: second time through and I've found a Dreamflange and a Royal Circlet. Best non-unique find so far is probably my Obsidian Amulet of the Tiger (38% resist all, 47 HP).
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  5. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

I don't think I've quite found every unique in the game, but almost all but a couple. I've found multiple (5+) Naj's, Thinking Caps, Demonspike Coats, Messy Reavers, Stormshields. But only 1 dreamflange and 2 royal circlets ever - go figure.

Never found a prefixed Zodiac jewelery, but found 7 suffixed, 3 of them being perfect 20s.

Best item was probably and Awesome Full Plate of the Stars, +9 stats, can't remember the AC on it but it was towards the low end of the possible range, which was a pity.
  6. Norrit

Norrit IncGamers Member

I'm playing through the game again. so far the best finds (I'm a level 16 warrior) are a "warrior's sword of maiming" that I bought from Griswold (+16% to hit, 64% dmg, adds 5 points to dmg"), an "amber mail of the eagle" (20 all resist, 30 life), an "amber shield of Vim" (18 all resist, +12 vit) and my helm, "Valiant crown of the wolf" (59% armor, 37 life).

btw as a warrior, should I even be focusing on +life items? I figured it would help me early on (my lvl 16 warrior has around 200 life now :p) but does it make that much of a difference later on if you have 350 or 400 life?
  7. irontigran

cool finds guys... I think Ive gotten the Naj more than once as well.
    -----
    I would rec. you finding something with life steal instead, and then just working on the dex instead to get your hit % high (so youre always killing plus healing) and dex would also go to your AC, which is important to get really strong with. great start youve got going

8. irontigran

heres a good (more common/easy to find)unique with life steal... Ive found it a few times.

SHADOWHAWK
    # Damage: 4-12
    # Hit Steals 5% Life
    # +15% To Hit
    # +5% Resist All
    # -20% Light Radius

the negative light radius is also a plus IMO, as less can see you.
  9. Oldih

Oldih IncGamers Member

I found Helm of the Stars once and I was actually using it quite some time until I decided to start using Goddamitsdark due negative light radius, making it easier to scout areas without making enemies go so easily off at range.
  10. bradismyname

bradismyname IncGamers Member

Man i use to play so much in middle school. I think ive pretty much found all of the uniques: windforce, grandfather, eaglehorn, stormshield, royal circ, mes, etc.

Found severl zodiacs

By constantly shopping at gris i found kings sword of speed and kings axe of speed which are much better than grandfather and mes. Idk if its possible to buy the haste ones for gris in the bastard 6-15 sword or w/e the highest axe is called. I read something about it costing too much...and not having enough room in the inventory for those or something.

I'm actually thinking about playing D 1 again. I forget though...can u hit alt to search the ground for items....for some reason i remember having to sweep the groun with the mouse manually in D1 :(

*edit and yes hellfire changes lots of things...including shopping. Makes shopping for items way easier. Idk why anyone would want to play hellfire and i consider it the same thing as duping/cheating.

* and i forget...D1 saves to the computer right? doesnt that mean if ur comp crashes u lose all ur D1 stuff? that would suck.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  11. irontigran

just found the Naj Puzzler staff.... thinking it would be fun to try to get an all-Naj set.
  12. ziambe

ziambe IncGamers Member

I've been trying to find a grandfather or windforce for days, but imagine my surprise when last night after years and years of playing, I found a PERFECT obsidian ring of the zodiac! Put that baby on right away!
  13. Lanthanide

Definitely worth more than a grandfather or windforce, congrats!
  14. Norrit

Norrit IncGamers Member

For sure. I would gladly give away my windforce and my eaglehorn for that ring (and maybe even the royal circlet I found the other day). I've been looking for resist gear for my warrior for ages now, but the best I've found so far is an 19% all resists ring.

The game is getting very hard now on hell mode, because my AC is around 200 (kinda on the low side, no?) and I have next to no resists. I wish I found at least one obs ring (doesnt even need to be zod) as that would help a lot. Wirt for some reason is refusing to sell awesome full plate mails or anything resembling a high defense item. and so is grisworld, which makes my diablo sessions kinda like:trying hell, getting frustrated, trying shopping run, getting frustrated, quit to try again tomorrow.

15. Lanthanide

I'm not sure that Wirt can offer Awesome FPM, and I know that Gris certainly can't.

The best way to find general items is to do Normal diff Laz runs, because dlvl 15 can drop FPM and the other high end ilvl items, as well as the high qlvl affixes. Make sure you kill Bloodlust, and I'd also usually take a quick trip down (with a sorc) to dlvl 16 and kill Gorash too, because they're both mlvl 35 and can drop Holy/Emerald prefixes. Doing this on Normal difficulty is a breeze, although you don't get much exp from it.
  16. ziambe

ziambe IncGamers Member

Didn't you mention you were playing Hellfire? They can sell Awesome Plates in Hellfire with suffixes (best imo is lion +60 hp - with perfect Awesome will cost 186000) and if I'm not mistaken they can sell awesome plates in Diablo also but either without a suffix or only a couple crappier ones. Don't give up!

As for hell, are you using a sword (king's or + to hit and damage) of haste/speed? That makes a huge difference. It's also important to engage only 1 or 2 enemies at a time which involves crafty use of walls. Though without resists you may want to skip floors with 2 types of casters. Are you playing single player? If so, grab the Veil of Steel from the Lachdanan quest. It's got 50% resist all. Oh and that reminds me...

If you are in single player here's an idea for some runs you could do....For levels 13 and 14 the game chooses either the Warlord of Blood Quest or the Lachdanan quest...never both. And if you get the Warlord of Blood Quest there are at least 2 armor racks for you to forage while on 13, plus 1 of the monsters on the floor is going to be Steel Lords which give great experience (singleplayer), but in any case should cause you less trouble than casters. If you don't see steel lords on 13, on 14 you are guaranteed Blood Knights! Best xp you could hope for - just don't let them hit you. And since you didn't have the Warlord Quest on 13, Lachdanan will be on 14. So then you clear 14 and you can check to see what spawned on 15.

2x melee? = bonus floor + lazarus
    1x melee, 1x caster = up to you if its worth it
    2x casters = new game!

I would skip 16 until you have max fire resist, lots of hp, a sword of haste and salsa dancing lessons to dodge the fireballs or the advocates are gonna make you uninstall. :jig:

17. Norrit

Norrit IncGamers Member

Well i'm playing multiplayer regular diablo (not hellfire) so no veil of steel for me ¬¬

my gear is as follows:

King's bastard sword (+99% to hit, 155% damage, 6-15 base dmg) no suffix

Helm of Spirits (I need to wear the Royal Circlet to have high AC, but on lower levels I find the lifeleech better. besides it took me forever to find that helm so I'm keeping it :p)

Saintly plate of the Lion (128% armor, +60 life, base defense 46)

Blessed Shield of the Tiger (100% armor, +50 life, base defense 14)

Ring of Perfection (+30 dex)
    Ring of the Heavens (+12 all attributes)
    Ivory Amulet of the stars (resist magic 34%, +9 all attributes)

I also have a royal circlet, a king's mace of the heavens (does less dmg than my king's bastard... should I use it anyway for the attribute boost?), an Obsidian Full Plate mail of sorcery (71 def, 38% all resist, 19 to magic) and an obsidian Shield of the Tiger (17 def, 34% all resist, +42 life)

If the solution to find obsidian jewelry is to do normal lazarus runs, I think i'll equip the full plate mail and the obsidian shield. that paired with the helm of spirits should make me able to survive properly to do the runs

Btw all that gear (except for rings/amulets/uniques) is shopped. I'm currently at clvl 33. at which clvl I have the best odds of getting a king's <whatever> of haste/speed from griswold/wirt? am I too late to get one reliably?

18. ziambe

ziambe IncGamers Member

Well congrats on the Helm of Sprits! So no multiplayer for you which rules out most of what I said above. But you do have the advantage of quicker lazarus runs than single player - which is your best bet to improve your gear in regular Diablo. Really you just want to kill as many unique monsters in as short a time as possible, so look for ways to improve your run time. Obviously the biggest improvement you can make is teleport - which if youre a warrior is not overly practical.

Also you can familiarize yourself with where the unique monsters can appear. That is to say if Snow Witches spawn on level 13, you will always find the unique snow witch, "Witchmoon" on that floor. But if they spawn on level 14, you can head straight to the stairs. Let me give you a quick off-the-top-of-my-head list.

Monsters that spawn on 13 which will have a unique:
    Maelstroms
    Vortex Lords
    Slayers
    Snow Witches
    Doom Guards

On 14:
    Steel Lords
    Doom Guards
    Hell Spawns
    Magistrates

On 15:
    Hell Spawns
    Cabalists

But keep in mind the time you spend searching for these uniques must not outweigh the total run time for killing Lazarus. As for the mace, it shouldn't make a big difference in normal difficulty and marginal in Nightmare and Hell. The main benefits being the extra hit points and the extra armor from Dex boost, should not be overly significant when monsters that do hit you are hitting you with magic or a big ole sword meaning at least 50 hp of damage.

As for the King's Sword of Haste, there is no upper limit to buying that so you just need patience and luck. And there aren't too many other prefixes and suffixes that interfere with the odds of King's and Haste being selected. After level 31 there is no difference in what Griswold or Wirt sells you.
  19. Gann1

Gann1 IncGamers Member

Low Obs/Zod ring a really long time ago. I forget what the exact stats on it were, though. Think I found it in nm/hell around level 40.

Also I found a Helm of Sprits on my first ever boss run in nm/cath. I had a friend who had run it 500+ times and never seen the helm drop, so I traded it to him since I didn't have a warrior.
  20. Ray The Soda Guy

Ray The Soda Guy IncGamers Member

Can't remember if I bought it or found it, probably found it, but my findiest find on single-player was Saintly full plate of the lion. As far as multiplayer goes, it was probably that Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Wasn't a 20 though, but still, nice. There's a reason it was always duped. Well, except this one.

Because Hellfire was more Diablo and Na'Krul was awesome, duh. I'll never forget that guy. Although I'm not seeing the correlation between spending 30 bucks (at the time) for an expansion and duping, really.