Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Post and discuss your pets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Oct 24, 2009. | Replies: 374 | Views: 27824

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Post and discuss your pets

I don't remember if there was a thread for this so I thought I would start one.

I have six cats..three adults and three tumbling balls of fur.

Boomer is my king cat. He is 16 years old now and is a minx point Siamese.

Zoh is a tortie cat who spends most of her time outside

Jesse is a black and white stray kitty who found me last year after my mother died. I was trying to get her spayed but she was always in heat and the vet wouldn't do it. My daughter let her out on accident and....well, we have three kittens.

Meatloaf is my daughter's cat. She is Siamese.

Aberdeen is my son's kitten. She is a calico.

Baylen is MY kitty. She is Himalayan.

All the kittens are a hoot.
  2. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

Re: Post and discuss your pets

Oooh oooh oooh, kitties!!!:loveblush:

I only have 2 cat's, the fewest I've had since childhood. They're both basically mutt cats, but they're descended from the 3rd cat we ever owned, Beef! We still refer to her as Momma Kitty even though she hasn't been with us for well 10 years.

The oldest (and biggest) is Melvin. She(!) looks something like a calico, but the colors are milder and she has quite a bit of white. She's a little ugly, but in a way that just makes her super adorable! She's is ...12-13 I believe and is pretty muscular and a little chubby. She's a mega-mouser and is full of 'tude: she's almost always been the alpha (fe)male of the house! She's also the mother of:

Ginger. She's about 1 1/2 years younger, and is the complete opposite. She's super skinny, scared of just about everything and is spoiled rotten cause she's mind-numbingly adorable! She's orange tiger-stripe with a little white on the "under-carriage" and paws. Despite her age, she still thinks she's a little kitten!

I thought about starting a thread similar to this a while back, but with a twist. I was gonna ask people to describe their pets as D2 classes!! Let's see:

Melvin: A lvl 87 Fishymancer with a horde of mouse skeleton's and Revives doing Baal runs.
    Ginger: A lvl 15 Zon with no gear spamming for free stuff in a cow game. :rolf:

Damn, 6 kitties!! Now that's a handful!! We use to have kittens all the time, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life!!
  3. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

I have a small dog, white and black Japanese Chin coming up on five years old in December.
  4. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

1 full grown cat, male, black with both rear paws are white. Boots
    1 kitten, female, ugly. Kitty<niece and nephews cat..hence the name>
    1 3 year old pure bred black lab. Tazz
    Uh since I live on a farm, do all the cows count?
  5. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

My dog, Kinsey: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/zacherysharon/DSC00416.jpg

She's about 3 years old. I found her by nearly hitting her with my truck as she stood in the street at night. I guess she didn't realize that she has black fur. :scratchchin:

Good dog.

The cat, Baltimore: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/zacherysharon/DSC00403.jpg

He's about a year and a half old, I guess. He's not my cat, so I don't really keep track of that. Weird cat, he likes to be in the bathroom when anyone is using it. He likes to smell the toilet or sit in the shower when you're done.
  7. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I had an hamster when I was 10 years old.
    I named him Zappy because Zapdos is the coolest Pokémon ever.
  8. zodiac66

Wow, Baltimore could be a twin for my Jesse. I had the picture up and my daughter wanted to know when I took that picture of her.

My kittens are so much fun. I can spend hours just playing with them.

Aberdeen at a week old: Aberdeen

My Baylen playing outside: Baylen

I am sorry if i prattle on about my kitties but I love them so. People at work are getting tired of my kitten stories.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  9. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

I wish I knew where the photo I had of my dog at 12 weeks old is. The first day she was home with me in the back yard, she was investigating a ball that was left outside - she barely reached the middle of it even with her nose up trying to sniff. :D
  10. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

LOL Zodi is turning into a Cat Lady.

I don't have a pet anymore, my elderly ferret, Maui, died about a year ago.
  11. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

There are quite a few animals hanging out around here, all of which I could easily spend paragraphs describing, but I will cut if short:

Shep is the oldest, he is a 10 year old Schnauser/Bassett mix who spends most of his time asleep. When he's not sleeping he likes to roll over to display what he seems to believe is still there but what is not in fact still there. He doesn't like people. Any of them.
    Walter is dachsund number one, and is a small brown dude of 3 years. He is a pain in the *** but can be cool sometimes.
    Molly is big and black and has very large teeth. She is estimated at 2 to 3 years of age, but the date is not exact. The vet had been given puppy Molly, one of her feet had been chomped on by another dog and it was pretty messed up. The cats kept it very clean and eventually it healed, and she is very thankful for being taken in, which means she is extremely loyal and will do whatever you tell her.
    Wilma is dachsund number two, and was not my idea. She Who Takes In Animals thought that the house needed another dog, and there was this little puppy, and it was so cute... Well now we know it is not a puppy, it really is that small, and it never shuts the **** up. Ever. I have personally heard it bark for 3 hours straight at nothing! It likes to drag things into it's home, a basket in the closet. It is really not bright.

And finally, my Squippy Girl! Squippy is a 2 year old Beagle who likes to stick her tongue out. In fact, that is what people tend to notice about her. They say a dog is man's best friend, and Squippy is my best friend. She gets worried easily, and tends to cry whenever anyone leaves, but that's ok.

I should stop, I'm starting to sound like some strange animal person...
  12. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

Which is why I've not really said much about mine, could go on about her forever. But I'm just going to say that she's made a better friend than most people have. I would like to get another of her breed one day, such awesome little dogs. :cloud9:

13. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

This is a nice thread.:thumbup:
    My wife and I have three tuxedo cats and a blond dog ATM.

Sylvester (AKA Qwegybo), is our 20lb., Klibanesque alpha male, aged 9 years and a rescue. He one tough, funny and very loving cat, a true king.
    http://img32.imageshack.us/i/qwegybo.jpg/

Rosie is our 'drama queen', a semi-feral, special needs kitten 3 or 4 years old. She had a very rough early life, but is safe at home with us.
    http://img30.imageshack.us/i/rosiel.jpg/

Cosmo (kid, Cosey etc.) is the baby, 18 months and our only non rescue. Mister doe eyes (Cosmo) is also my avatar. He is a sweet cat and quite an acrobat, check out the legs.
    http://img199.imageshack.us/i/cosmo1v.jpg/

Lucky... well, he is a dufuss, but his heart is in the right place . He is about 10 and another kinda tough rescue story.
    http://img8.imageshack.us/i/lucky2ub.jpg/
  14. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

My dog is at least 15 years old, I thought he was 6 when I got him, but that age of 15+ is based on his being 1 at the time.
    Mom was Great Dane, Pa was R.Ridgeback 120 lb in his prime and a hunter.

Abused and rescued, trained dog.
    Now deaf, hips gone, post stroke 60% left side, tumors, etc. No pain and happy dog or I would put him down.

But it's not going to take much longer sadly.

Last cat Dissappered 9 months ago at 9 years old.

I need to get new pets.
  15. s4nder

s4nder IncGamers Member

I have a 22 year old European swamp turtle named Kilbu. He lives in a semi-aquarium and mostly eats raw meat. I don't have a self taken picture at hand but the species looks like this.
  16. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

My sister got the family Desert tortoise, Dang it.
  17. zodiac66

Well, kind of :whistling:.

We get a lot of strays here and I don't have it in my heart to turn them away. Most are feral and I just feed them outside but a few were indoor kitties that were dropped off to fend for themselves.

I have always had at least three kitties. The kittens were supposed to find homes once they were weaned but I grew attached to them and didn't try to find homes. I also couldn't do that to my daughter. She loves all those kittens and they love her.

I do have to stop at six though. It is getting quite expensive for the vet trips. Four females getting spayed is quite pricey. I do get the multi-cat discount at the vet though :).

Yogi, your pets are adorable.

18. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

omg! i love animals and this thread is making me sad (bcuz i moved and i don't have a pet), but very happy and satisfying! lol!

the most pets i have ever had was 13, nine outside cats and four dogs or something.... Momma Cat had kittens... lol, good times. but we've always had outside pets, esp. cats, bcuz me and my sibs are allergic to hair/dander, idk. me, not so much with dogs, but i am with cats. i have grown quite fond of cats now and it sucks that i can't have one where i am living now. :/

at my mom's house, there are three dogs. two of them are sibs, Scrappy and Harley. they aren't HUGE dogs, but Scrappy is skinny and has had skin probs, but he is so gentle and he stays around the house. Harley, on the other hand, is a lot more wilder, def more meatier, and jumps a lot. he's lovable too, but his nails are a bit long. they draw blood sometimes... they are half-pits and half-labs i think. their mom, my aunt's dog, was a meaty pit with tiger-ish markings (i wanna say they are called tiger pits... idk. not a pit person) and she was so affectionate! the dad, my aunt's other dog, was a chocolate lab, i believe (or at least half of one), and he was very nice too. both are no longer at my aunt's house. i dunno what happened to them (something about the pound picked them up or they ran away...). parents were both pretty medium sized, and so are Harley and Scrappy.

the other dog at my mom's is named Bandit and my dad picked him up from someone one day. i had no idea we had a nice little addition until the next morning when i was on my way to school and wanted to see why there was so much barking. He is a pretty dog, eyes the color of the sky and pure white. i think my dad said he was half-husky, half-wolf. he looks very much like a wolf, lol. he's very playful, likes to jump as well, and is as tall as me when on hindlegs or just about.

all three of them are still young, under five years (i would say about 3 YO), and i miss them so much! they make good outside guard dogs too, bcuz there have been a few times where...yeah. they let us know when someone is there (most of the time) when we don't hear a car amongst our yelling at each other or whatever.
  19. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

I have a golden retriever, Hermes, who just turned 2 years old Oct 10. He's a fantastic dog that is very, very people-oriented. All he wants is some attention and to have someone touching him. A lot of times he is content just to have my girlfriend lay on the couch, him just below her, and have her hold his paw. He can be pushy with wanting attention, but he has a great heart and is a pleasure to have around.

My girlfriend just adopted a long-haired cat 2 weeks ago. Her previous name was "Rosie" but she didn't like that so renamed her "Beba". She is 1 year old, was attacked by a dog but the previous owner couldn't afford the vet bills so the clinic took ownership rather than have her put down, paid the bills, and gave her to the SPCA for adoption where she found her. She's nice enough but still not completely sure about Hermes.

I have plenty of pictures of Hermes, including him as a puppy, on my facebook page if anyone cares to befriend me and take a look. facebook.com/vlondi
  20. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

My dog is like that. She'll squirm and whine and whimper, and as soon as you put your hand on her head, she'll calm down.