Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poll: The look of these Forums

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Azzure, Sep 22, 2011. | Replies: 33 | Views: 1589

1. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Poll: The look of these Forums

Poll about the look of these forums.
  2. TheOatman

TheOatman IncGamers Member

Re: Poll: The look of these Forums

I don't know what to vote. I wouldn't call it ugly, and perhaps it's more suited to the stuff you're covering - but it's always a bit of a shock for the eyes transitioning from the dark theme to this.
  3. Bigfish

Bigfish IncGamers Member

I like the light theme, compared to the dark. Only thing I really don't like the box around posts that make it look like I'm reading a quote before my brain kicks in that its an actual post. But I think my brain is adjusting.
  4. Eagle

Eagle IncGamers Member

This x 1000.

5. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

I'll see if Rush can do something about those boxes.
  6. Naviaras

Naviaras IncGamers Member

Maybe you could create an Angelic theme, which would be bright maybe featuring Tyrial.

Since Azzure and the other main contributors are acting like our "Guardian Angles" keeping us safe from rip offs in the AHs and maybe even make $$$.

I agree that the transition form the Dark Diablo.inc Forum to this one is a bit hard on the eyes.
  7. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle IncGamers Member

The post boxes and Azzure's light blue name on light grey are the only things I dislike. I like the theme overall, but it is a bit of a shock going from the intense red to brighter grey.
  8. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

All forums should use the same theme. If people like this brighter theme, then implement an option to switch to it in the user CP.
  9. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

It definitely takes you back a bit when you click the link and get hit with all this white.
  10. dextrose

dextrose IncGamers Member

I like the lighter theme overall, but the reply buttons just look out of place to me.
  11. Verity

Verity IncGamers Member

I'd say this light theme is better since it fits with the D3market site. I'm seconding removing the black 1px borders though. Or at least making them more subtle.
  12. Drrwho

Drrwho IncGamers Member

I voted ugly, but that's only because I'm used to darker backgrounds. The guild I was a part of in WoW had a forum with a dark background, so I got used to it.

Honestly, I could easily vote "Yes it's nice" as well. The look of the forum isn't all that terribly important, as long as it's easy to read. The important part of a forum is the content.

But YES... please see if the boxes around posts can be removed. It does feel like a quote text versus a normal post. A little misleading at first glance.

Also though, is it possible to either darken up the left pane of each post, where the name and info of the person that posted is shown? There are a few names of people (guessing forum admins or higher ups, whatever you call them here) that are pretty light-colored and hard to read. That or change the color of those people/ranks to be a little darker.

That's my 2 cents.
  13. NMnine

NMnine IncGamers Member

I voted that its ugly but thats just because I prefer light text on dark background as it strains the eyes less. I think its cool that its different than the other forums though. If it were up to me id make the background dark grey with white text or something :)
  14. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

What if we inverted the color theme of the whole site? So the Darker Blue background, with lighter borders/frames?
  15. Elfik

Elfik IncGamers Member

You mean that posts would read like the "Reply to Thread" currently does now, with a dark tealish blue background and white writing? No, I like it as is. I think the blue background would be too colourful. I actually think the regular Diablo: IncGamers background is too colourful.

I like the white theme with bits of blue, reminds me of high elves. And it's nice to have two looks rather than both being the same. I second the dislike for the black post boxes and the odd-looking REPLY QUICKIE, etc. buttons. They could use some subtlety. On the other hand I would prefer the edit button to say "edit".

16. Drrwho

Drrwho IncGamers Member

Yea, I wouldn't go with the inversion of colors. I just think the left pane (to the left of the actual post text) with the name and avatar, etc. could be darker. Maybe that could be a dark grey with white text? I don't know, just a thought. Just feel like something needs to be done. It kinda looks bland right now, and when I think about the market/economy, it conjures up thoughts of action, excitement, strategy.

Could we use some theming from Diablo 3? Background image, colors? Not sure if that would work here or not, but it's an idea.
  17. Naibchris

Naibchris IncGamers Member

Is there any reason at all not to allow users to pick the theme that suits them? Id prefer to have the incgamers format on all my forums, personally.
  18. lilbuddha

lilbuddha IncGamers Member

The format is ugly in that it reveals how disconjunct a modern website is... in that it is made up of a bunch of separate elements to create what used to be a somewhat simple html page. just looking at my current screen i can tell that a single post is made up of 10 page elements, with only half of them sharing a style, then there is the rest of the page...

it simply looks out of place within itself.
  19. MagisterMan

MagisterMan IncGamers Member

I like it. Easy on the eyes.
  20. Elly

Elly Administrator

As I said last week I'm going to work on a few tweaks when I get time and I'll tone down the border thickness of replies while I'm there but it'll be staying in the same theme as the site.