Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poll: Patch 1.04 won't come until way after 25th Sep 2012 (MoP Release Date)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by PearlOrion, Aug 5, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 5007

?

Will Patch 1.04 come before 25th Sep 2012?

1. Yes

64.1%
  2. No, but will come during Sep 2012

14.1%
  3. No, but will come around X'mas 2012

12.5%
  4. No, but will come only in 2013

9.4%
  1. PearlOrion

PearlOrion IncGamers Member

It makes no sense that Blizzard will allow Diablo 3 (a subscription-less game) to compete directly with, bleed sales and subs from with WoW:MoP which is Blizzard's cashline, cash cow and golden goose for the past 10+ years.
  2. Dreamcrusha

Dreamcrusha IncGamers Member

Re: Patch 1.04 won't come until way after 25th Sep 2012 (MoP Release Date)

their focusing most of the time on MOP, when MOP releases then they can spend most of the time towards d3 which i hope
  3. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

I dont think it will come before MoP and even some time after it.

The blizz conference call made it clear that Diablo 3 is pretty much a stepping stone for other blizzard games, while they may fix some issues within the game, there are other priorities and I cant see them focusing on anything else than MoP which is quite near to be released.
  4. DeathLimited

DeathLimited IncGamers Member

Diffrent teams work for Wow and D3 patch will be up as soon as it's ready.
  5. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

+1, I highly doubt most of their programmers work on more than one game. The Diablo team is probably hard at work on Diablo (as there are several issues to solve, mostly desing).

My guess would be the patch comes in early-mid September. I for one have quit playing until 1.04 as I'm sure many others have. Hoping they don't screw up this patch as I may be done if the itemization doesn't get better with a better end game system. I think it was pretty silly to give everyone a level cap of 60 that could easily be reached in a week. Also, with the itemization there just doesn't seem to be any sort of developement of planning needed. There are no breakpoints to reach or items needed to do "x", all the items are just res all, main stat, vit with the exception of crit, ias, and LoH on items that can spawn those mods. Res all practically has to be on every piece of gear or it is trash. Despite ilvl 50-60 uniques being rare and not dropping often, they are still almost always bad.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. Kiroptus

Its not a matter of workpower, that blizzard has enough for sure. Its just that its not good business to re-attract people back through an overhyped patch to an ARPG game without subscription when WoW expansion (which is top priority for them) is right around the corner.
  7. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

The only trouble with that logic is that many D fans don't even play WoW. Yes, you're right that they're hoping to attract people to WoW thru MoP but those who play D and don't play WoW likely won't be swayed by MoP. So that still leaves a bunch of D fans with no game to play and frustration builds.......

8. Kiroptus

Well, the idea is to bring as much as possible of this 10 million userbase to WoW. In a business sense it is much better to have people trying out MoP than staying at D3, I just dont see them giving them too much love to D3 while a WoW expansion is so close.
  9. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Visibly snubbing the D3 market while publishing a new expansion for a more profitable game is not going to cause players to think "maybe I should go back to WoW" (under the questionable assumption that many D3 players actually played WoW) it is going to make people think "maybe I should go play games made by another company."

Car companies don't stop producing passenger sedans because they make more money from luxury cars; they don't compete with each other enough to worry about. The big competition is other companies not their own products.

10. Kiroptus

Yes but in the car analogy there are many other types of cars to go by, blizzard always plays safe and only delves into genres they have total domiance of, there isnt any other MMO bigger than WoW, and there isnt any other ARPGs (which is pretty much a forgotten genre, PoE needs a lot of polish and BL2 and TL2 are not out yet) so players can satisfy their loot hunting desires.

They stated that they want those D3 players to migrate to other blizzard games and the only "other game" that they are releasing is MoP. There is a reason why the annual pass was something only done in D3, although its not big, there is a certain overlap between D3 and WoW and some players were torn between those games without much options if they were fans of the genre, SC2 didnt get an WoW annual pass because they are nothing alike.

The fabled 1.04 will either come soon or will take some time after MoP to be released. It might not even be that much of a big patch anyway, the silence of the devs speaks for itself. We will see, but I do believe that this patch will either just come out after MoP or that will not be that much of a big patch anyway or ,in a worse case scenario, both.

Btw, granted how much time they are taking to fix things (like the day-one trade window scam) and how much of that 9 month beta feedback was ignored, I would say that D3 is already pretty snubbed by them.
  11. Dacar92

Yes they did state that they wanted D3 players to migrate to other Blizz games. I recall them saying that. But just because MoP is on the doorstep doesn't mean that's what they meant. I am sure they'd like to have all D3 players get sucked in by MoP. But there's Starcraft and something called Titan also. Who knows what else they might be working on. I didn't take that statement as a blanket to move players to WoW but to keep them playing Blizz games, whatever they might be.

So back on topic, I certainly hope 1.04 comes out soon and it is huge. Our expectations are getting huge and I see disappointment coming on. Just like before the game was released, our expectations were huge and many of us were disappointed, either due to being let down by ridiculous expectations or a lackluster game. That's an opinion we aren't talking about here. But remember, this is only a patch, not an expansion. So game changing patch items may be low in number and kept back for an expansion.
  12. acken

acken IncGamers Member

Whats supposed to be huge in 1.04 ?
    I mean 1.03 is 2 months old and we still have no news of 1.04 while the game is in a **** state... Its not 1.1 afaik its supposed to be the next small patch but they are releasing info on it at a very slow rate. Blizzard doesn't deliver at all lately :x
    Well when you know how much WoW earn them I'm not sure we can blame them to just not put much effort in their other franchise.
  13. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Honestly, I'm not sure. Like any big organization, Blizzard is a bureaucracy and I can totally see it go either way.

I think they are genuinely concerned with the state of D3 and will try to improve it. But it's undeniable that they also need MoP to succeed. How they'll balance the two - no clue. We'll have to wait and see.
  14. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

Well, break points were a quirk of D2's antiquated game architecture, not a glorious achievement. Any idiot could hit the 105 FCR breakpoint, for example, and call it a day. D3 takes a more continuous approach.

Ill keep playing, because I enjoy the gameplay, but I think a 1.04 patch with better legendaries would be enough to revive the day one hysteria over the game. My only gripe right now is that I can't gear up to a level where I can beat act 3/4 inferno because the gear is effectively nonexistent. I suspect. Blizzard erred on the side of making the game too difficult, and plan to dial it back. Without more info, I think they'd have it patched before christmas shopping gets underway.

15. Dacar92

No idea. What I am saying is that people here have started to say things like(in various threads) "this had better be in 1.04", "that had better be in 1.04", "wait for 1.04" etc. It looks like some may be developing huge/unrealistic expectations for 1.04 and I am just hoping they aren't disappointed.

16. Nizaris

Nizaris Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

Didn't Cataclysm Beta come out the same month that Starcraft II launched? The point being, using market analysis for Blizzard hasn't really held true these past 2 years or so for Blizzard. DIII launch in May was not what analysts had predicted, etc, etc.

Having a patch 1.0.4 will have very little impact on a launch title like MoP or else a beta for HoTS. It's all coming down at the same time anyways. Blizzard's goal is to get you playing all their games, so what better strategy to use than to make highly appealing content for all their games available so their players have a choice?
  17. seanith

seanith IncGamers Member

I may have said this before but the way the updates are going we probably won't have PVP for 6-7 months.
    I think they said 1.1 will be the PVP Arena release.
    Not really relevant to 1.04 but MAKE YOUR BETS! :p
  18. acken

acken IncGamers Member

Didn't jay wilson said: "If we don't have PvP before 6months into release, it will be a disaster."

Well good job dude.

19. Porkchopsamwich

Porkchopsamwich IncGamers Member

The only change I've heard for sure is the legendary item upgrades, and potential skill tweaks. To what extent the items will be changed can be a huge factor, considering I've actually found quite a few legendaries but not one has been very useful at all. Weapons are especially lacking, so if they could become useful in inferno then my personal situation would improve as far as magic finding goes.

Considering the time the team is spending on this patch, it would make sense that either all of the legendaries are being carefully balanced or that some other gameplay changes will be occuring. On the other hand, slow is nothing we're not accustomed to either.

Either way, I don't plan on ever playing world of warcraft and I hope for the diablo players that this patch is not delayed for reasons related to that or any other game. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship where Diablo beats me up, but I still love it after time passes and it buys me flowers.

20. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080663481#1