Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

POLL - Favourite Character

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by kRIMBO, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 14 | Views: 1643

?

Favourite Character?

1. Barbarian

25.6%
  2. Demon Hunter

14.6%
  3. Wizard

15.9%
  4. Monk

28.0%
  5. Witch Doctor

15.9%
  1. kRIMBO

kRIMBO IncGamers Member

POLL - Favourite Character

Right, I'm really interested in what the most common and least common characters will be so I decided to create a poll to find out the favourites.

My guess is Monk will be first.

So put in your vote!
    :)
  2. kRIMBO

kRIMBO IncGamers Member

Re: POLL - Favourite Character

Moar Votes !
  3. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

dont we have a poll of this already?
  4. FulItilt

FulItilt IncGamers Member

I guess not post Open Beta?

5. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

The monk was the most fun one. The WD was very spammy but he was very good.

The Wizard was the worst for me, very low damage, boring skills, compared to all the other powerful and flashy stuff that the WD has she was seriously lacking.
  6. kRIMBO

kRIMBO IncGamers Member

I had a search but couldn't find one so I thought I'd make one.

7. JackalYYC

JackalYYC IncGamers Member

Not trying to start a war, but you might be doing it wrong. I found the Wizard to be super powerful. Different skill/rune combo's might make worlds of difference when it comes to this stuff!

8. DoxieVon

DoxieVon IncGamers Member

Agreed, Arcane orb Decimated everything, with a good wand magic missile 2 shot things in 4 player groups. I was expecting ray of frost to be on par with DH rapid fire but it seemed to be 1/2 as strong.

9. Itaju

Itaju IncGamers Member

Witch Doctor!

As it's the only really "new" class with a total new realm of skills, though curses and "death-themed" summons might relate him to the Necromancer, he is still much more independent like the usual comparisons (Wizard-Sorceress, Demon Hunter-Amazon, Monk-Assassin, Barb-Barb).

And the character class introduction video has just blown me away. Only the barb raised in my favor through the video which I would have never imagined.

But as I will be playing with my bro on my first run-through and we don't want to fight about items (as we share everything that drops) and he will take the Wizard as an Intelligence class, I'm going to use the monk and can't wait to play my own WD.
  10. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

Barbarian hands down, most straightforward, brute force build, ideal for first char imo.
    Also will prevent hevy twinking, because it is only class that relies on strength items, so these can't be used on any other character (or rather are not useful).
    If you go with wizard, you can easily reuse most of armors on your witch doctor, while doing run with another char.
  11. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

Barb and Monk was the most fun.. didnt like the o thers that much.
  12. JimOfTheJungle

JimOfTheJungle IncGamers Member

Loved them all. I think from what I saw in the beta, the Barb seems the most powerful, and with leap attack tons of fun to play, so I can see why he's popular. Although for me, I gravitated more towards the 'newer' chars, WD and Monk were my favourites.
    1. WD - New, cool story, like the interesting off-hand items and crazy armor look. Seems to have an overall 'theme' that works more than any of the other characters. Enjoyed the mix of summoning, buffs, and direct damage casting, and combinations like spiders that are sort of between direct damage casting and pets. Seemed like lots to do, and that means lots of fun.
    2. Monk. Super quick, and therefore fun. I get a sneaking suspicion that late on, the monk will overtake the Barb in terms of power.
    3. Barbarian. Feels powerful. Leaping and smashing never gets boring. Coolest voice.
    4. Wizard. Enjoyable, but early spells arent the most exciting. I think they probably come later with Archon powers etc.
    5. DH. Only complaint so far is the DH seems a little overpowered for a ranged character. Seemed to throw out a whole ton of damage too fast, although thats not really a complaint, probably more a case of some of the better skills unlocking earlier for the DH than other characters.
  13. fnaxqtr

fnaxqtr IncGamers Member

Voted for Barb, but not sure if Wizard is my favourite or Monk?!?!?
  14. Sex

Sex IncGamers Member

Voted for Witch Doctor, i'll play through the game first as him. Then as the Demon Hunter.
  15. PosImpos

PosImpos IncGamers Member

Monk, no doubt.

I haven't played the game at all yet, but the way the Monk fights makes him look like a character straight out of Street Fighter, and that's awesome. The Monks moves just look really satisfying.

I have to say, I'm shocked that Demon Hunter isn't more popular. I imagine that the DH will be much more popular among the general B.Net population, if only because of the name.