Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison Resistance Issue

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by marknorris, Nov 19, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3090

1. marknorris

marknorris IncGamers Member

I know about the whole lower resist works at 1/5 on immunes, but why can't I break immunity with 62% on lower resist, 25% from 3 piece trangs, 48% from death's web, and the 3 facets I have on? That equals 150 reduced poison resistance which is 30 at 1/5. Whats the dealio and is there a way to break them with legit gear
  2. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Because the only two things that can "break" immunities are lower resist curse and conviction aura. Everything else does not lower enemies' real resistance, but rather reduces it in the middle of ingame calculations. If the target was immune, game never gets to the point of applying -%enemy res of DW, facets and other stuff.

Players usually use CE vs poison immune creeps (sometimes you need merc to kill one). You can also use attract+iron maiden combo to help things.
  3. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

iron maiden isn't going to help you do any damage. Attract may help if you need a distraction but amp/decrep + merc + CE is the only feasible way for a novamancer
  4. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Amplify Damage and Decrepify can break physical immunity.

Those items do work at full effect if an immunity is broken, though.