Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PN - The Poison Nova Necromancer [HC/p8/no mule/untwinked]

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sebhehe, Jan 12, 2013. | Replies: 37 | Views: 5342

1. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

Herro guyz! :wave:

Back in November the 21:st I started playing a Necromancer. I thought of posting this topic back then already, but I never got to it. Anywho, I'm playing a Poison Nova Necromancer, I use no summons with the exception of a Golem. I actually tried this once before but I deeded at Andariel Hell at level 85. This was quite a while back but I managed to feel the potential of the build and I never really forgot about it. It was crazy hard to progress with and Hell was pure pain but I still had so much fun running it. I always wanted to give it a go again and that's where I am right now!

If you haven't read my introduction you can find it here.

To summarize I play pure Hardcore /players 8 and I don't mule or trade. My characters are always built from scratch. It's how I always imagined SP should be like and it's also a nice challange! I usually don't do Ladder Runewords either, but I decided to try it this time!

The Build:

20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Golem Master
    7 Lower Resist
    Pre reqs

40%~ block

Rest vitality

Act 2 Defiance Merc

This is at level 91, where I'm currently at. I'm not sure about the remaining skill points really. Some will go into Lower Resist... I think. When I get TO Shield I'll spend more points in Dex, right now it isn't worth it.

The Progress:

After a lot of farming at Andariel and Mephisto Nightmare I managed to surpass my previous Necromancer. I'm in Act 3 Hell right now. I haven't killed Mephisto but I've done everything up to him. I wanted to get to Lower Kurast as quickly as possible to farm Runes for Call To Arms, Enigma and Infinity.

The Items:

Me...

Helm:
    [​IMG]

Amulet:
    [​IMG]

Weapon:
    [​IMG]

Armor:
    [​IMG]

Shield:
    [​IMG]

Gloves:
    [​IMG]

Ring 1:
    [​IMG]

Ring 2:
    [​IMG]

Belt:
    [​IMG]

Boots:
    [​IMG]

Switch Weapon:
    [​IMG]

Switch Shield:
    [​IMG]

Mercenary...

Helm:
    [​IMG]

Weapon:
    [​IMG]

Armor:
    [​IMG]

Highlights:

I've been running a lot of Pits and Lower Kurast. Pits was really slow in the start but levels helps a bunch and speed right now is quite ok! I just my CTA yesterday so I haven't run anything with it so far. If you wanna see some of the drops, just let me know and I'll post the screenies ;) I have screenshots of everything I've found and made so far!

I've had 2x Mavina Helms, Mavina Armor, 2x Sur, 2x Vex, Gul, 2x Ist, Mal, Reaper's Toll, Mara's Kaleidoscope, Darkforce Spawn, several Ormus Robes and a lot of other stuff I can't remember atm! :D

I also have a really sexy small charm with 5@ and 7 mf!

I was so happy for Mara's, but also the Trang Gloves in Nightmare made a huge impact in gameplay.

More to come of course! :)

Goals:

There's a lot of stuff I want. Death's Web is one example. CoA or some cool Necro Circ/Cor/Dia aswell. I found an almost perfect Death's Web on my previous character, a Paladin. So I hope lightning strikes me twice... so to speak :p

I just got my CTA today and it's, as you can see above, horrible. 1 BO. I'm not to upset about it though since I'll probably get the chance to roll another one before this is "over".

I'm chasing Infinity and Enigma right now, aswell as other item upgrades of course. I'm missing Jah and 2x Ber for those two.

I really want a CoA with 2x 5/5 poison facets, it might be totally unrealistic but... it keeps me motivated. I long thought about Shako but I'd rather use a CoA. I want to try it and Enigma will grant me enough strength together with TO Shield.

Death's Web... I just need to run my brains out. I HAVE to find it!

TO Shield and Belt is also something I'm chasing. I found the gloves already, and I'm so happy for that. It's huge boost but I don't need to tell you guys that!

Upcoming

I'm running Lower Kurast and doing The Pits on and off now. This is what I will continue to do for a while. I'm not sure it's worth farming Andy or Mephisto Hell really. It'll be slow and I don't need a lot of possible drops from them.

And some last words...

I'm posting this because I'd like any input and comments to improve I can get. I'll also keep updating my progress! It's so nice to have knowledgable people to discuss with and it always gets ideas going in my head!

Thanks for reading guys and I hope you enjoyed and will enjoy it as much as I do! :nervous:

Feel free to post or ask anything you want!

If I missed something... sorry!

LOVE

Seb
  2. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

I love your playstyle, but I would find it very frustrating myself :)

Have you considered making a Bone armor instead of Lionheart?
  3. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

@FredOfErik

Yes I have! I have the Um's for it aswell. I just need a new pair of boots because of strength req or a strength boost from other item! :)
  4. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Good luck with your goals with the character.

A quick question, why Infinity? It won't lower enemies poison resistance.
  5. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

@Dodgydave
    Corpse Explosion does 50% fire and 50% physical damage and there's really nothing better!
  6. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Member

Did you just sell the stuff you couldn't hold? Think of the Grail! :crazy:
  7. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

This is true. But is it that much more effective than say a Reapers (which you said you have found) and it's ability to lower physical resistance as well as slowing enemies. I guess Infinity leaves you open to using lower resist as well. Seems like a lot of LK running though!

Best of luck.
  8. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I like it! Good luck with the rune hunting (and finding that Death's Web,) and reaching your goals! Quite a challenge you've set yourself untwinked, so best of luck!
  9. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

@ioupainmax
    Yup, it hurts my soul sometimes, but I do!

@Dodgydave
    I've tried Reaper's at this kind of Necro before and it doesn't really work well. I love Reaper's everywhere else but it just gets annoying here! I also love LK so it's no worry! ;)

@Drystan
    Thanks and... thanks! :D

10. dysgenics

dysgenics IncGamers Member

alright mate, good to see you joined the real single player community, I look forward to following your chars here as I don't visit d2jsp enough to follow you.
  11. Klonki

Klonki IncGamers Member

Amazing writeup! :)
  12. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Love Seb and your crazy playstyle :D any updates?
  13. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

@dysgenics
    Haha, yeah, this forum also has about 9001 (yes, over 9000) times better manners!

@Klonki
    Thanks! :D

@Twibz
    When you asked for it, no, but now, yes!
  14. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

After I got my CTA I went for some Travi runs. Just wanted to check out speed and so on. Since it's players 8 it isn't very quick, but I was surprised on how fast they actually melted away. One run takes about 2 minutes.

I found the boots I've been looking for:
    [​IMG]

Not the worst roll either:
    [​IMG]

I decided to run to level 92 before going back to The Pits. Nothing noteworthy from them in between. Had Bartuc's, Valk Wing and items like that tho.

[​IMG]

Then back to The Pits. Not much worth printing so far except this:
    [​IMG]

I'm actually thinking of using it over Bone for the MF. It'd put me at 207 mf instead iof 119. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
  15. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

I would say to trial it to see what works best for you, more mf is good plus it gives nice resist and mdr, but i have never used bone, so maybe that works better for you?

Trial it i say, you will soon realise what is better for you
  16. Mungojerry

Mungojerry IncGamers Member

I think Bone for faster killing speed --> faster enigma :) but 207 mf is also quite nice... you still have to find that almost perfect dweb you sold a month or so ago
  17. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

@Twibz and @Mungojerry
    I decided for Tal Armor. It's a tad bit slower but I do get uniqs more frequent. I'm about half-way to level 93 and I'll post updates as soon as I get some relevent ones! Also, work get's in the way of my d2 career! :p
  18. Korlic

Korlic IncGamers Member

Nice going, hope you make it, and get that Dweb, I would love one myself :) May I suggest using the RW Obedience for your merc when running Travincal, it has a lot of nice mods and is sort of cheap :)
  19. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

@Korlic Thanks!
    My merc can't survive travi right now!

AND sorry about the lack of updates. Been ill for the last two weeks and haven't moved from bed. It's going the right way now tho!

I'll keep lurking a few more days before I get to playing again :)
  20. sebhehe

sebhehe IncGamers Member

Finally time for an update. I caught a serious infection almost two months ago and I've been pretty much not doing nothing but lying in bed. It's gotten a lot better now though so I finally got back to work, beer and playing! ;)

I hit level 93 in The Pits!
    [​IMG]

And I had this dropping:

[​IMG]

Of course I keep being nice to Akara. I think she's really starting to like me.

[​IMG]

I'll continue running The Pits for some upgrades. Ohm/Vex would allow me to reroll my horrible CTA. I also really want TO Belt and Shield!