Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

please help! what weapon will do most dmg?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by xZumBa, Jan 25, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2414

1. xZumBa

xZumBa IncGamers Member

2. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Most damage with what skills, which hand, what other equipment? XD
  3. xZumBa

xZumBa IncGamers Member

Have about 50 crit chance, 400 crit dmg, its supposed to be a main hander
  4. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

I'm using my phone and the pictures won't load, so... here's what I usually do. If you're in the AH looking at gear and want to know which of two items is better:
    Shift-click the item while in a public chat, or just message a friend (including a message like "checking stats, just ignore" is appropriate to include :p ).
    Once both (or more) items have been sent in a message to someone, go into a game.
    While in the game, open up the message box in the left hand corner and click your mouse over each of the items. It will compare the items to your gear and you'll see which item is better for you.

Easy :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Dahmer

Dahmer IncGamers Member

You don't have to be in chat or even send the message to anyone, just send the message... to nobody, you can still go ingame and click the items to compare without having to annoy people with the item links.
  6. mojolevel

mojolevel IncGamers Member

What I do for most weapons, unless the stats are purely offensive and don't include things like LoH/LS is use a good character calculator (I use www.d3up.com). That way not only can you compare DPS gains, but you can also see how your effective hitpoints are impacted by stats that mitigate damage, whether you're picking them up or dropping them in favor of more weapon DPS.

I should add that with the calculator I use, and this may be true for others but I haven't tried any - you can create items manually, so you're able to do all of this analysis before having to buy anything. It's saved me a bunch of money on items that at first glance seem like obvious upgrades but turned out not to offer the advantages I would have assumed!
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I prefer http://www.d3rawr.com/d as it allows you to see your actual, applied DPS total for ww/sprint builds and your actual DPS with lots of other skills, plus breakpoints for IAS and such with various skills where applicable, healing with said skills, and that's not to mention your standard stats/ehp/etc. that it displays. You can import your character(s) from the battle.net armory or manually set up stuff. Lots of features, though it isn't complete for all classes.