Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Please help!! Skill decrease?!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kendo, Oct 8, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 623

1. Kendo

Kendo IncGamers Member

I'm playing as a necromancer, and this is the first time I've ever played a Diablo game. But I can't understand why I'm having this problem! It's already happened twice!!

I'll be playing and my "Summon Skeleton" skill will decrease. I know it has decreased because I can only summon 3 skeletons, and before I could summon 4. It doesn't seemed to have happened to other skills that I know of, and I search for this problem but no one seems to have it.

Assistance will be apprechiated because this is really irking me. I bought the Diablo II battle chest freaking yesterday!
  2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

There are 2 simple explanations I can think of, one more likely than the other.

Either you are using a skill shrine and forgetting or not knowing its effect, or more likely you're using weapon swap at some point from your wand (or shield) which gives + summon skeleton.
  3. Kendo

Kendo IncGamers Member

Oh, how long do skill shrines normally last?
  4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I no longer remember but probably somewhere between 2-3 minutes. You'll notice the symbol above your head disappear once it's run out. Note that because your skellies also have increased damage with higher level of summon skeleton it is still worth summoning your crew with a skill shrine even if potential additional skellies may seem useless because of the timer.

Curses will also remove shrine benefits, so if you see a monster that says it is "cursed" there's a good chance it will be removed. This curse is always amplify damage, though there are some special monsters that can actively cast most of the other curses
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member