Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please dont read this BLIZZARD!!! (diablo 3 beta)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by swiftarrow, Apr 23, 2012. | Replies: 36 | Views: 4521

1. swiftarrow

swiftarrow IncGamers Member

Please dont read this BLIZZARD!!! (diablo 3 beta)

First off, I am a true Diablo 2 fan and have been playing it since its release. So when I finally was able to play the Diablo 3 beta I thought to myself, Diablo 2 was a masterpiece (except for the bots, i blame Blizzard for those) Blizzard has the blueprint for another masterpiece from its predecessor so this game is going to be mind blowing. I started the up the beta client, logged into many server errors and continued to wait.....and wait...and wait. With over 2 million preorder diablo games and not counting box sales, Blizzard better have the server issues fixed for release or I can imagine alot of pissed off fans wanting their money back.

So I finally get into game, pick a Barb, and off I go following a linear, boring trail that led me to the skeleton king within 45 minutes. Yes I know this is a beta, yes I know we dont have the full game to place judgement on. BUT! From what I did see I didnt like.

1) SKILLS- the skills were the worst thing about the game. My cousin and I both had Barbs...we both got to lvl 13 ....and when we started farming, we used the same freakin skills because the rest sucked. Two identical barbs leaping around with the only difference between us was our gear. BOO Blizzard. At least the old beta the skills actually did something, like Bash was 160% of weap dam and cleave did an arc attack but was only 140 % weap dam....at least that would make me think of using a different skill. Zero customastion

2)Leveling- In diablo 2 patch 1.12 before respecs I had a 93 bowzon with 20 attribute points into reserve just because I feared I might find a armor that needed more strength so I saved my points. This game, leveling is the biggest JOKE, u skills power are based on ur attributes and I have NO control over how powerful i want to become. BOO BLIZZARD! I feel like they made a game that is made for brain dead children.

3)Gameplay- The game doesnt feel like a diablo game, it feels like last years Dungeon Siege 3 down to the running of the character to the lack of customization of skills to how your character attacks. It also feels like blizzard made this game to aim more on the console side then PC, the controls feel more like a console game.

4)Cubing- Diablo 2's greatest part. Rolling small charms....magic weapons...and making crafted items.

5)Forced skills slots- On my monk i could only have one spirit generator and one spirit user on the left and right MB, then the rest of the skills were FORCED into the 1,2,3,4 slots....maybe i dont want a mantra, maybe i wanted 3 spirit generators and two users. Thanks for taking my options away blizzard.

Suggestions- I have only one suggestion....I had many more complaints about this game but the only real problem I had with this game was the skills. I didnt like that my barb was the same as my cousins barb....I tried to be different using ground stomp rather than leap, but lets get real, leap is just better. But here is a solution, why not have a quick switch like D2 weapons switch hand, but make it for the skills.....that way on one hand I can have all my buffs and switch to my damage skills on the other.....plus it would make your stupid, yeah, your skill runes are a terrible idea, more useful. Example, say like the monks teleport are on one hand, but i wanted the last rune on that punch as well. I cant have both, but i could put it on my second switch hand giving the player more options and making my character different from others.

Sorry for the novel, just a Diablo lover scorned over a game that could have been epic.
  2. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon IncGamers Member

Re: Please dont read this BLIZZARD!!! (diablo 3 beta)

Really dont know what to say, except that I fundamentally disagree with all of that. The D3 skill system blows D2's out of the water, just for the fact that you can actually USE all the skills, thus the amount of possible builds is far greater, and D3 chars will end up being much more versatile than a D2 char would ever hope to be.
  3. MrSmith

MrSmith IncGamers Member

also you may missed "Elective mode" (i agree that its kinda stupid to not have it as default setting or having it pointed out by the game) cause it lets you choose whatever skillcombinations you want. in the end i had a lvl10 or 11 barb with cleave-rupture on LMB, frenzy on RMB, leap on 1 and Rend - ravage on 2 and it kicked ***. and i had plenty of other options even i didnt manage to get to lvl13 ;)
  4. MrFb

MrFb IncGamers Member

1. your so wrong about that.. i thought of so many builds but i went with certain ones because i liked them better and seemed more for me.. and if you compare d3 to d2, d2= approx 15-20 possible VIABLE builds.. d3=hundreds of thousands of true viable builds..

2. woops i clicked on the wrong attribute.. let me re make this lvl 90 that took days to get to

3. you have to be joking.. every skill felt AMAZING to me in the beta.. there has to be something wrong with you.

4. Its called Artisans

5. Its called Elective Mode
  5. Hellpyre

Hellpyre IncGamers Member

First off - elective mode is your friend. Second, I feel like while they want to discourage quick swaps (thus the cooldown when skills are changed), I think it might be a nice idea to be able to have different rune versions of a single skill on the skillbar at once (though they would have to share cooldown to keep from having fringe case abuse on long-cooldown skills).
  6. MrFb

MrFb IncGamers Member

Also blizard stated that they didnt have all the servers up, and they just wanted to test some to "stress" them..
  7. kazyn

kazyn IncGamers Member

You're a true-blue retard but this made me laugh:

"Leveling- In diablo 2 patch 1.12 before respecs I had a 93 bowzon with 20 attribute points into reserve just because I feared I might find a armor that needed more strength so I saved my points. This game, leveling is the biggest JOKE, u skills power are based on ur attributes and I have NO control over how powerful i want to become. BOO BLIZZARD! I feel like they made a game that is made for brain dead children."

You had unused points because you didn't know whether or not you'd need more strength? Why didn't you just, you know, put them into strength? That is truly the most retarded thing I've read today, probably this month.
  8. Hellpyre

Hellpyre IncGamers Member

Perhaps because Vitality was the stat he would have put it in, if he did not want a buffer while he went forwards towards max level. Strength wouldn't have helped him if he didn't ind new armor.

9. sgtTenor

sgtTenor IncGamers Member

I can see where the OP get's his frustration though. The true customization comes when you have 4+ slots and more skills to work with. Levels 1-13 doesn't really do that IMO. I can see where he thinks that they are identical

ELECTIVE MODE - Nobody new to the game knows about this and I'm not sure why blizzard does this. It's great that they are categorised etc but If I had not know already about elective mode, I would be just as frustrated.

Granted you and your cousin might have the same skills with different gear. The gear does add to the damage output. Especially if you have gear with your primary stats. I prefer to use Cleave with Rend, Leap and seismic slam. maybe trade out hammer of the ancients with ancient spear. There is bash that works well with single enemies. and can set up your HOTA for great effect.
    You forget that there is seismic slam and frenzy etc.

4 slots 9 skills to work with. what's the math on that?

a basic build
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WcXe

you can get more builds by switching out certain skills in slots (as we all know)
    2 more by switching out your rage builders
    3 more switching your secondary to hammer of the anceints.
    3 more with ground stomp as primary defense
    6 more if you switch out your secondary #2 slot to revenge, ancient spear,

That's 15 different builds already all at level 13! pretty insane!

I'm curious about how many variations with the skills and slots we had for the beta. Any mathematicians out there that give a simple formula?
  10. InertBlowfish

InertBlowfish IncGamers Member

I stopped reading here, as I found this fundamentally wrong.
    What were the same skills you were using?
    For farming I was jumping into a group, cleaving and then rending. After rend is going I jump to the next group as I know the last group is cleared.
    Then when I got to the SK I was using frenzy to bash on him and thunder clapping his minions twice to death.
    One person, two distinct builds with very limited beta skills and content.
    Did you only play until level 9, or something?

11. Mennethitus

Mennethitus IncGamers Member

Barb lvl 13, 4 skill selections, total of 10 skills to choose from and 3 passives.
    Disregarding passives: 210 combinations, with passives 630 combinations and this is WITHOUT RUNES.

12. kazyn

kazyn IncGamers Member

Right, but when does anyone stop searching for new items? They would have never stopped looking for new armor, and they would have never known whether or not he was going to find one, so he would never use the points in anticipation of a new armor.

13. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

Saying there is "zero skill customization" is mind-bogglingly stupid but I do think that Cleave is very clearly OP. I'm hoping it gets nerfed by release. That said...I found I prefer the extra Fury from Bash so I could Hammer more. I also found Ground Stomp way more useful to me than Leap.
  14. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

This thread is moronic.
  15. Mobbo

Mobbo IncGamers Member

A longtime Diablo fan decides to make his first post(on a Diablo fansite)and his thread is called moronic by a moderator. I'd expect it from the forum spammers...

16. starrise

starrise IncGamers Member

As a true Diablo 2 fan, I disagree with the OP.
  17. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Looking back at D2 the barb sucked heaps at the beginning due to his slow attack speed. To make a tank like a barb good you need fast attacks like whirlwind or prop'd frenzy.

The monk is awesome when you change to elective mode - only! I totally agree with the op again here and sympathize.
  18. Berwulf

Berwulf IncGamers Member

I feel sorry for you that D3 didn't fill your expectations, see you on May 15th.

19. kazyn

kazyn IncGamers Member

You expect special treatment because you're new?

20. Douba

Douba IncGamers Member

I tryed the Beta this weekend, and I must say I was extremely surprised how well they succeeded in creating an interesting game play. They got something nice to work whit, and whit some future update and expansion this game can surely be pretty nice. Remember when D2 just started, the game customization was pretty dull. D2 became really nice when the synergy system got live.

But there is one think that I totally dislike on the current version of D3. I like the way you don’t need to choose where you want to put your skill. But why…. Make skill totally useless? I mean, if you’re a barb, you going to be a total idiot if you put on any item whit + intel or + Dex.
    Each class have a mains stats that give URGE damage bonus. This broke item customization and build possibility via item. They really need to make sure Every single stats can be useful to every class, even just a little. And don’t tell me +1 Armor per Str will be useful, or the ,05 chance of dodging per Dex. You get enormous dmg bonus for your main char stats.