Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please asking for price checks

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mysticc, Apr 1, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 528

1. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

Please asking for price checks

I get several of these every day. Please stop everyone.
  2. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Please asking for price checks

But you made that amazing what to keep/discard guide, you'd have to expect some fan mail :crazyeyes:.
  3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

This is why I don't ever offer to help anyone ever about anything.
    Ever.
  4. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

What is frustrating is that I never really offered or consented this service to anyone - they just do it.

Lately I've just been busy, and I don't want to keep deleting my inbox all the time.

I'm also getting frustrated/bored with d2. It's been a month, and while I've found some good items, I've found nothing I personally want, and I've never been able to trade for a single item I actually want to use. So things have been really static. And I figure after helping so many people, you'd think it would be a little easier to get the items you want - especially if you're still offering to overpay for them - but it doesn't matter.

In the end, it just seems like I was giving away lots of free advice, free time, free items, etc. and staying static myself. Now I need a break as it's really not worth it for me.

D3 can't come fast enough. A real currency to build wealth, an auction house to easily find what you're looking for (rather than waiting 30 days for someone to trade it to you), and easily available pricing information are going to solve all of these problems for me. No wonder people buy items in D2. I never once blamed them for it (I only ragged on them for lying about it ;P)
  5. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I guess in this situation you really would benefit from that unlimited PMs of the paid membership, but then again it is costing you but in real cash instead and you still have to delete them.

The best items are still the best items and they are hard to come by, if I had a super amulet with 2 skills/20fcr/30 str/30 dex/all res etc. etc. (don't even know if this is possible, just making things up) I would probably never trade it in my life no matter what the benefit. They may appreciate the help your giving them, but its still not going to make them willing to trade their prized item if they do happen to find it.
  6. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

It's not like my offers are magefist and the other junk we see pawned here though... my trade list had tons of sick stuff on it :/

I honestly wasn't always looking for godly amulets though - I manage to trade for those already. Same with diadems.

Actually, one of the things I wanted was a bunch of 30+ life elemental grand charms. This is a simple request. Really, it is :/

I guess what frustrated me was that I'd see it pop up in someone's thread, it would sell for an Ist (!!!) and it was in my ISO the entire time. I would have paid several hrs worth of value for it. Hell, I would have overpaid. Yet it just goes for an Ist.

That is what frustrates me. I don't expect free items, but at least let me buy the stupid thing. Give me first option to get it at least. Or notify me. Or something. It's not like I can check threads every 5 minutes, and there's no auction house for me to check :/ If my "help" should get me anything, I would hope it gets me at least that much.

Likely, that stuff was just purchased here only to be sold for 40fg on jsp (and yes, Ist is 1fg). Sigh.
  7. nonoha

nonoha IncGamers Member

I've had the same exact thing happen to me, although I don't really put my name out or anything. Had stuff on my iso threads for a while when I bumped them daily, then someone would just put them on their thread. I would completely miss the item being sold and feel annoyed at the result since my iso thread did jack. (That and I would have overpaid for the item since it was on my iso.) When someone is actively looking for things like that, it should be known since it's a small community, but ohwell. Things happen like that, I guess.

On that note, I think I was the one that bought an ele gc lifer for an ist a while back, lol. It's probably randomly sitting on my mules now if you want it once I can find it. I'll have to confirm when I actually get around to it. Been so bored of the game that I hardly log on, myself.

p.s Who else am I going to ask how many puls my rare items go for? =[
  8. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

That actually happened multiple times nonoha... cowazonga I think got one too, and someone else got another. It's happened a lot.

I guess part of the problem is that a lot of people don't know prices, which I guess is good for people who DO know the prices if they are buying, but it's also bad when you are SELLING/TRADING.

I find there's a huge problem that people base the current price checks off old price list threads... and those price list threads were based on previous price list threads... and you can actually trace this back to ladder seasons that took place in patch 1.12 and patch 1.11. So of course, the pricing information is completely jacked up.

Also, these price lists are static, and the very idea that a functioning economy has static prices is preposterous. Try looking at the spot prices for various commodities in the real world, and you'll see prices fluctuate all the time. Diablo 2 is NO DIFFERENT. But players don't seem to get this concept, especially when it comes to falling rune prices. I guess they don't want to accept the bad news? Well, that's wishful thinking.

As a seller, it is very annoying when you have a 5%fhr/11res charm and people only want to pay a Pul for it. And you go, "Look... it's worth a more than a pul," and they go ballistic on you - thinking you are trying to rip them off. They are priced around 1hr now on ladder, and they are 2hrs on non-ladder. A pul is totally out of the question.

I remember a similar thing happened with Hugodrax. I had a +2 Skeleton/20 Strength Marrowwalks, and I wanted an Ohm for it. He wanted to pay a Pul, and he was extremely rude to me for suggesting such a thing. The truth is, right now, this item is worth an Ohm to a HR, and when he wanted it, it was worth an Ohm to Lo. I don't understand how such a rare item is worth a Pul. I sold it on jsp for 8fg (a little less than a Lo) in 5 MINUTES. So Ohm+ was "overpriced", why did it sell for 8fg? The truth is that I WAS RIGHT. But it's impossible to tell people on this forum and have them not hate you for accurate price checks.

I hate jsp for the most part though. So I don't really trade there unless I have absolutely have to. Then I go on a massive selling spinge to make fg to buy the 1 item I want, because nobody has it here. That's the only reason I use it. Otherwise, I would prefer this forum by far.

Then this pricing information works against you in other ways too. For example, people sell these fairly rare and valuable grand charms for an Ist willingly, and there's no way to put in counter-offers or even know that the transaction happened.

I dunno... maybe I'm just a selfish *******, but I would think in a small community like ours, people would be a little cognizant of what people are looking for, and will hold on to it for them. I do that. It gets especially annoying when you've helped them and others with various things, either because they enjoyed a guide you wrote, or you did price checks for them, or just gave them experienced advice that they otherwise would never have had if you never told them the truth.

The realization for me is that d3, the auction house, etc. can't come fast enough. That is the real solution. Maybe that makes us a lot more disconnected as a community, but it will mean I get my desired item much more easily and quickly. I guess that'll have to do.