Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Played all 5 Characters. WOW, its good, the game is GREAT!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by Dator, Apr 22, 2012. | Replies: 19 | Views: 4071

1. Dator

Dator IncGamers Member

Played all 5 Characters. WOW, its good, the game is GREAT!

All characters where played to the SK (lvl 10).

First, every character rocks. I love them all, everyone of them. Their all unique, different, special, god-like, powerful, amazing, and most importantly rip roaring FUN to play. Honestly, I have no clue what my first character is going to be May 15.

In order of characters played and hours to completion.

DH (female) 4.5hrs - I loved the D2 Amazon and this played as expected. Disappointed? Maybe, I will say it didn't leave the greatest impressions of all the characters. Still fun and it just still might be my first character.

Barb (male) 2.50hrs - Screw Flux (he's sounds crazy on the podcast anyway), the physical destruction of the environment, monsters, the power, the rage, its perfect! The best impression of the characters, no question.

Wizard (male) 2.40 hrs - Boom!

Monk (female) 2.30 hrs - Physical bad girl (ha!), yet played so very different then the barb. I didn't have the best weapon and the SK took forever to kill.

WD (female) 2.30 hrs - While I enjoyed the Necro with the pet, this was the last character and I didn't have the best
    hopes for it but I just finished and I'm going to love this version. Just fun to play. Love the dogs and darts, darts kill. I hate spiders. Creepy...

To hell with D3 haters, actually to all internet haters, Diablo rocks. Diii.net rocks (oh wait...). The sound, voice acting, graphics (best part), the tone (what are the hater talking about about, its Gothic Horror to a black G), all of it, love it.

LOVE IT :thumbup::thumbup::jig::worship::grouphug::thankyou:
  2. Supdawg

Supdawg IncGamers Member

Re: Played all 5 Characters. WOW, its good, the game is GREAT!

Yes ultimately I came to the same conclusion; the game is just absolutely fantastic. I played both D1 (+Hellfire) and D2 with expansion and this game just completely annihilates both of them.
    I killed Leoric with both Wizard and Barbarian, and I've also tried the monk and I've gotta say, jumping 30 meters down a stairway crushing the skulls of 10 skeletons with the barbarians leap has got to be one of the most badass things ever. I also loved the wizard, and the monk. However, at launch I will play the witch doctor most likely, and I do not wish to get the first 10 or so levels spoiled for me in the beta so I wont touch him for now.
    Most of all I really really ADORE the atmosphere. My god, has there ever been a game this beautiful? Not even the classic Zelda games can match this, and that comes from a fanboy.
  3. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Glad you guys sincerely enjoyed it.
  4. The Rockman

The Rockman IncGamers Member

Add me to its great, the Barb got a really good feal of power behind him/her
    WD is fun, but can run out of mana fast, expressibly if like me you love his bats.
    Monk is fun but I agree is a bit weak even with a semi-decent weapon vs Skelly King, BTW you can charge combos with shift attack really nice when a horde of mobs are coming to attack you.
    Wizard nice collection of spells that are decent cant wait to get my hands on the higher ones.
    Demon Hunter is ok the problem is IMO his/her low level skills are the most boring of the 5 classes.
  5. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

I played barb, DH, WD, and wiz up to level 13 and i think monk up to 6 or something. Barbarian was definitely a positive surprise, DH was slightly disappointing, WD and wiz were pretty much what i expected and monk was just awfully boring by my standards.

I have to say that character level has huge impact on the classes early one. In example wiz and barb ascend onto whole different level once you get access to frenzy and arcane torrent. I hope DH and monk will have similar moments later into the game.
  6. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

A black G?

I don't think you guys know what tone means or at least have no basis for comparison. Compared to D1, D2 and D3 are like a flipbook of cliches and don't even approach the first game in terms of atmosphere and tone.
    I enjoy the game, but I couldn't let this comment slide.

7. Wildmoon

Wildmoon IncGamers Member

Wizard will be my first when the game is released for sure. Can't wait to try my build.:D
  8. Private Investigator

Private Investigator IncGamers Member

I have just finished playing all the five classes (each one at least once to SK, the ones I liked - more).
    And I concur - this game is great! And the gameplay feels very much like D2. I had this feeling that all my "clicking" habits from D2 work just the same, the way the character reacts to my commands is very similar. Other aspects of the game may be quite different from D2, but the gameplay itself is smooth and at least as good as the one in D2 was.

As for the characters... Just after the Demon Hunter was first announced and presented, I posted in a comments section of the article on this site: that I loved the abilities that they had shown this class has - and that, while I never played a bow class in D1 or D2 (in fact, these were the only classes that didn't appeal to me in the earlier games), I would choose DH without hesitation in D3.

Now I have fulfilled that "promise", and the first character I created in open beta was DH. And even after I played all the others later, this one is still my favorite! This class has an amazing set of skills and in fact it was the only one with which I was constantly using skill from all the available slots. With any of the other classes I usually had one or two skills that I used only occasionally or almost never.
    With DH when I ran into a serious enemy I would use Hooked Spines (Caltrops rune), then Vault away to a good firing position and pierce everything with Rapid Fire (the runed version of it is amazing), switching to Puncturing Arrow when running low on hartred (being in context a kind of "calm down" attack this is one still pretty effective). It feels just great.

I agree, D1 was way beyond what D2 or D3 could offer in that area. But I think it may have something to do with the fact, that in D1 the player character was so slow and weak, and so every time you tried stepping through the dark door, you could expect to meet an instant doom - from which sometimes you could barely escape, but never with ease. And add to that the monsters that could not be seen up until the very last moment...

9. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

I've also loved all 5 classes but the Barb is my least fav so far. :)

And Red - it's called subjective opinion. It's not D1-good but the atmosphere is great IMO.
  10. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

the game is pretty boring single player

multi-player is definitely the way to play it

its too boring running around trying to find stuff single player

is it defiled crypt 1 or is it defiled crypt 2 or is it defiled crypt 3 ?
    at least with multi player you can split up and find the stairs and quest objectives quickly

but if we change of definition of
    "actually playing the game"
    from
    "slowly and deliberately exploring every inch of every hallway"
    to
    "working together as a team to quickly and efficiently complete quest objectives, while at the same time watching each others backs and not playing recklessly"

then the game becomes incredibly fun

but exploring every inch of every hallway is not

I guess that’s why I was so disappointed when the announced they were delaying PvP

playing PvP together as team was one of the things I was looking forward to the most; its why I still play Warhammer Online, and its also why I was excited for GW2

so I’m very, very glad to have participated in the open beta

I now know that from the very second the game comes out, I will ONLY be playing public multi player games

which is completely opposite of what I did in D2
  11. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

I completely agree, but it doesn't change the fact.

It's not subjective.
    In creating fiction, there are two basic premises. Craft (objective), content (subjective). Atmosphere is a blending of the two, but as PI above me pointed out, it's very easy to analyze the components of craft to make a definitive, objective statement.

12. jokermwx

jokermwx IncGamers Member

OK....well

1. How will PvP take place in narrow pathways?(PvP matters to some of us)
    2. Gameplay and A.I. just seems "kiddy like", or Wii feel.(...and NO...not just compaired to D1 or D2)
    3. Skills seems "squishy"

Overall...I'm trying "real hard" to make this game work and like some things of the game, but I'm not going to"sugar coat" it or flat LIE and say the game is GREAT!!
  13. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

Umm, are you trying to tell me that I'm objectively wrong for find the atmosphere beautiful??

14. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

So far I like what I see and I will certainly take time to explore all the areas. It's good ole hack and slash, exaclty what you would expect of Diablo. I find the atmosphere some where between D1 and D2. From what I have seen, it's a bit darker than D2 but a lot less than D1.
  15. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

Easy to make a set of "objective" rules and generate an analysis? yes.

Easy to get somebody else to agree that the set of rules you "objectively" made up is the correct set? Rofl.

You haven't spent much time around literary types, have you? :)

16. TarnishedHope

TarnishedHope IncGamers Member

Seconded.

Diablo 1 trumps its predecessors in atmosphere.

The Tristram Village music? Maybe it's just nostalgic sake, but damn.

IT'S THE MUSICCCCC.

17. cozmiccc

cozmiccc IncGamers Member

Have you missed the memo that this is your subjective opinion? Just because I think it's great doesn't mean that I'm sugar coating or lying... It is what I thought.

Also, Blizzard had said that monster AI will change in Nightmare and harder difficulties, heck they don't even have their complete abilities at the early level (eg. the cultist can actually summon and cast offensive spells). As for "squishy" skills, I don't understand what you meant by that....

18. Denise

Denise IncGamers Member

[​IMG]I love them all, everyone of them.
  19. Private Investigator

Private Investigator IncGamers Member

Yes, the music was one of the most important parts of the atmosphere-building in D1, but... if it was only the music, then D3 would be in my opinion just as good.
    For example this piece, which was playing in one of Defiled Crypts if I recall correctly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LtlbJL77Y
    It really was creating the right "tension" there.

20. byrneda

byrneda IncGamers Member

It's everything!!! :)
    The ambiance, mood, lighting, solidness.. it all worked brill.
    Looking through the screenies, my times are as follows for the chars:
    Monk: 7 hours, 6 mins - loved this char for the speed boost (when running through the level after searching every nook and cranny) to the quickness of the two initial spirit generators (without runes mind).

Barb: 6 hours, 14 mins - definitely starting with this guy, his armour is his strength? With a 20dps "Flamberge of the snake" - unstoppable and low flying bodies everywhere.

Demon Hunter: 4 hours 11 mins - a bit slow at first, but came into its own with two magic hand crossbows with 1.6 attacks per second on both

Wizard: 6 hours 36 mins - home missing spells? this is definitely going to be fitted out with gold find, a sword and big shield. These last two are mad to look at, but believe me, she can tank! :)

Witch Doctor: 4 hours 15 mins - dang - can only remember enjoying playing this one, but as you can tell by the time, it wasn't one of my favs - BUT - this is after I changed my mind from not playing the WD in ANY way shape or form prior to the open beta!!!

Thanks blizz - looking forward to the release.
    :)