Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Planning on buying a new laptop, need advice

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by rodge, Nov 5, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 5044

1. rodge

rodge IncGamers Member

Hello, I'm planning to buy a laptop soon and since I'm not exactly knowledgeable about specs (I only have basic knowledge), I'm looking for advice here, cost-wise and of course the power.

I need it to be able to run at least on medium settings in D3 (High would be awesome). My current laptop is severely outdated and I the framerate is just horrible in visually crowded situations, and this is already in very, very low settings.

Here's the tricky part, I kinda need it to be a touch-screen type, with pen input (pressure detect as well). One would think it's easy to find one because there are few, but I want it cheap and I don't know how much power the laptop would need (to run the game). If I solely buy on price alone, I can't guarantee I'd get one that would run D3 well.

OTHER DETAILS: I prefer laptops because they're portable, and if I play D3 it would be plugged in. Decent battery life is enough.

Any one of you guys have suggestions? Thanks, I'd appreciate your input.

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skil...lX0UrUnVuZV9DKzIwODQ2OCsyMjYzMDErMjA4NTQxKzE=

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

Regardless, I believe laptops with a touchscreens cost like +1500$ at the moment and I'm not exactly certain if they can run D3 at all.

3. rodge

rodge IncGamers Member

Do I really need to say why? I didn't mean to ask that disrespectfully by the way.

Thanks for your insight though. Looks like I'm not looking at a less than $1k purchase at least.