Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Place to "farm" runes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Bauer, Jul 9, 2008. | Replies: 15 | Views: 17124

1. Bauer

Bauer IncGamers Member

Place to "farm" runes

I don't know if its theres any good place but I farm Hell Meph/Baal a lot and the highest rune i've ever found is a Lum.
  2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Re: Place to "farm" runes

Go for Countess. She has a higher rune drop in hell than Lum.
  3. Bauer

Bauer IncGamers Member

Thanks. I usually find like low low runes in hell going for meph and baal :(.
  4. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Well Countess has to drop runes, and they go up to Ist or something, I forget, and I know that's wrong.
    Of course, she can drop runes as a normal monster too, but that's a little more rare.
  5. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what you mean here. I always thought Countess' rune drop is not part of her quest drop, since ppl do endless runs on countess.

Was I mistaken?

6. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

no. countess always has a special rune drop (quest or not doesnt matter, it only triggers the superchest). in hell this goes up to ist as TurbulentTurtle said.

the only other place that garantuees runes is the hellforge (up to um in nm and up to gul in hell).

other than that and for high runes there is only luck.

rune find guide:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178289

7. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

You could always do some Lower Kurast superchest runs. Works much better in SP than on Bnet, but it's an option to add to your current runs if you're on Bnet.
  8. Soylentred

Soylentred IncGamers Member

Well you always get A rune drop from the countess you may or may not get the special extra drop.
    The chances go down for the special rune drop with the more players in the game also.
    What I advise:
    In hell....
    Run the countess for runes plus the terror key drop.
    Then quickly run Summoner and Nik for hate and destruction keys.
    Trade 1 set of keys for PUL.
    You should get a full set of keys at least every 15 to 20 runs and a full set of keys can be traded for a pul which can be transmuted up in ladders.
    Statistically you should get a key every 11th or 12th drop and I find eventually it is faster to amass the higher runes by trading keys for pul.
    If you don't like running the summoner you can trade terror for a hate, or two of either hate or terror will get you a destruction key.
    I do not advise trading the keys individually for runes because it usually falls short of the full PUL.
    I transmuted all the way to Ohm this way - legit with several ists and mals left over.
  9. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Key drops have been nerfed? They used to drop one every 3 or 4 runs when I used to farm nihlathak 3-4 yrs ago when keys started dropping.
  10. Soylentred

Soylentred IncGamers Member

Nerf or not keys still drop often enough that it is worthwhile to collect and trade for your runes. I get a PUL then Um then Mal faster that way then endless countess runs.
  11. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Nothing has changed with key drops. I believe they were always something like 1/15 or 1/20 chance to drop the key, you were just lucky when you were doing it earlier.

12. Yichi

Yichi IncGamers Member

The lower Kurast chest run has worked relatively well for me so far this ladder. I ended up getting a vex out of it to make a hoto with. (SS at home since I'm at work atm)
  13. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

The countess can drop up to LO, but everything above IST has a very low chance of dropping.

I found that key running is very profitable. Make a CL/FO sorc and run countess and summoner.
  14. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

You are correct Countess can drop up to Lo, but I think you are confusing more than helping. The runedrop from Countess can drop up to Ist.

Then she can drop a rune from her usual item drop, and here she can drop all the way up to Lo. But with just about the same chance that you get Lo from every other kind of monster/superunique whatever.

15. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I disagree. What I said was entirely accurate and non-ambiguous - I made no reference to the "rune drop." I don't think it matters to the OP which machine code generates the rune so long as he sees it drop, and I thought he might be interested in the fact that the Countess can drop GUL, VEX, OHM and LO, which no one had mentioned yet.

16. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I think something like

"The countess can drop up to LO, but she is no more likely to drop anything above IST than any other monster"

is appropriate.