Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

pic: when Chris Wilson met Jay Wilson

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by fmulder, Apr 3, 2013. | Replies: 15 | Views: 3156

1. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

A pic of Chris Wilson (Path of Exile) and Jay Wilson taken at this years' GDC.
    Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307190/page/1#p2658516

[​IMG]
  2. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

lol@ shirt. GGG is really shameless about advertising their crappy d2clone, living under the shadow of D3.
  3. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

GGG is proud of their game. Are you actually mad? :p

Also, you should re-think what shadow means. Currently, there are more players playing D3.:smug:

ahahhaaa..
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I wear a shirt with my business name on it 5 days a week and nobody has ever accused me of shameless advertising.

Cool pic, it's nice to see people getting along with each other even though they're in competition.
  5. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

I'm seriously not trying to be negative about PoE, but more players than D3 currently? :O That surprises and interests me. Got any source?

@ Kestegs. Yeah, given the opportunity why would you NOT wear something that shows off your new game while you are at a gaming event.
    I guess Wilson didn't wear his Unicorn Rainbow D3 t-shirt due to safety concerns :p Angry players are serious buisness.
  6. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

I wonder why Jay wasn't wearing his shirt

View attachment 4258
  7. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

GGG can only wish they had 1% of the population playing D3 :)
  8. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

it may not need to be advertised, but even Blizzard acknowledges that it needs to be changed :
    monster density, multiplayer incentives, AH, itemization, gems, even the way items are IDed
    what else have they admitted is broken or they wish they had never implemented ?

ha, I bet there are many singers who wish they had 1% of the fans justin bieber has
    that doesn't mean bieber is any good though

but you probably think he is

I'd even bet your favorite movies are the Twilight series
    They must be awesome right ?
    They made lots of money ! Just like D3 !
  9. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

Herppp a duurrh....:crazyeyes:

POE already took enough Diablo fans.. They don't need anymore.
  10. Golbez2

Golbez2 IncGamers Member

I know this isn't a valid comparison, everytime I look at twitch streams, more people are viewing PoE than D3.
  11. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Encouraging me to go look at twitch:
    2800 D3 viewers
    500 PoE viewers
    :)

It probably doesn't say much about anything. It fluctuates too much on twitch depending on what is going on at any specific moment.
    As well as geographical differences. Maybe this says something about Diablo being more "popular on twitch" in Europe than PoE, and the other way around in US. Who knows.
  12. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

:thumbup: I agree.

Also, my girlfriend started playing D3. Which in turn forced me to play the game. And the funny thing is i had alot of fun playing it.

D3 is actually a good/fun game. I think after the initial heart break, the hate, the denial and some time away playing POE it made me understand what D3 is. And i had a blast playing it.

Its just a crappy when compared to D2, they should have just called it something else and balanced the DPS. Its a great arcade style game. And i find myself enjoying the game:D
  13. comeatmebrow

comeatmebrow IncGamers Member

You're not banned yet?

And I'd rather have a crappy D2 clone than just a plain old crappy game like D3.
  14. Nizaris

Nizaris Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

It never ceases to astound me how quickly people judge a person's character before ever meeting them.

I say - "Good for them!" - I'm sure they've both learned things from each other's products - whether what to do, or what not to do, and how fans reacted to their choices.

Nothing wrong with being proud of your product and sporting your colors. It's funny, because I never hear anybody complain when a pro sports player is wearing their team's colors off the court/field/arena/etc.
  15. Flux

Flux Administrator

I met Chris like 2 years ago, when they were first debuting PoE and got to play the way, way pre-alpha version... and I'd have had no idea that was him. I remembered he was fairly tall, but the goatee changes him entirely. Plus you can't hear the accent via photograph.

Also, re: the shirts... can someone start a rumor that Jay's working on WoW? Or some secret WoW sequel? After all, if they're both wearing shirts for their video game projects, and we know Jay's not on D3 anymore, but is Game Director for something unannounced....
  16. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Would've love to be there for their discussion. They should do a podcast, lol