Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Paypal Fees — The Difference Between $1.50 RMAH Listing and $5.00 RMAH Listing

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by HÃ¥les, Mar 17, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 3569

1. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

Paypal Fees — The Difference Between $1.50 RMAH Listing and $5.00 RMAH Listing

If at any point you determine my statements or math is incorrect, please feel
    free correct and discuss. Paypal fees determined from the PPCalc.

Withdrawing Your RMAH Profits — Fees to Consider

At this point, it is known that the Diablo III RMAH will be taking a $1.25 flat fee
    per item sold using the RMAH, with a minimum listing price for a item at $1.50.

Withdrawal After 1 Auction @ Minimum Sale Price

$1.50 - $1.25 = $0.50

Paypal fees for receiving $0.50 = 31¢

That's 19¢ profit for
    (1) successful auction at minimum item price.

-

After 10 Auctions @ Minimum Item Price

$15.00 - $12.50 = $2.50

Paypal fees for receiving $2.50 = 37¢

That's 21¢ profit per (1) successful auction at minimum item price.

-

Withdrawal After 100 Auctions @ Minimum Item Price

$150 - $125 = $25

Paypal fees for receiving $25 = $1.03

That's 24¢ profit per (1) successful auction at minimum item price.

-

Now let's look at what happens if you sell items at DOUBLE the minimum item
    sale price ($3.00) and withdrawal it after 1, 10 and 100 auctions and how that
    effects total profits per successful auction.​

-

Withdrawal After 1 Auction @ 2x Minimum Item price

$3.00 - 1.25 = $1.75

Paypal fees for receiving $1.75 = 35¢

That's a $1.40 profit per (1) successful auction at 2x minimum item price.

-

Withdrawal After 10 Auctions @ 2x Minimum Item Price

$30.00 - $12.50 = $17.50

Paypal fees for receiving $17.50 = 81¢

That's a $1.66 profit per (1) successful auction at 2x minimum item price.

-

Withdrawal After 100 Auctions @ 2x Minimum Item Price

$300 - $125 = $175

Paypal fees for receiving $175 = $5.38

That's a $1.69 profit per (1) successful auction at 2x minimum item price.

-
    In summary, what does this mean? It means that the longer you wait to withdrawal
    your money the more profit per successful auction you'll make. The difference between
    withdrawing your money after 1 auction at minimum sale price, and withdrawing it after
    100 auctions at minimum sale price is a 21% increase in profits.

Successful auctions at 2x the minimum item price yield a 18% increase in profits if you
    withdrawal your money after 100 successful auctions as opposed to 1.

Yes — there is a 3% difference in Paypal fees associated with withdrawing your money after 100 successful auctions at minimum price v.s. 2x minimum price.

The Bottom Line — withdrawal your money less to make more REAL MONEY from Diablo III RMAH.
  2. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

Re: Paypal Fees — The Difference Between $1.50 RMAH Listing and $5.00 RMAH Listing

I hope a mod can edit the post topic to read: [h=2][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Benefits of Waiting to Withdrawal your RMAH Profits[/FONT][/h]
    Since that's how I actually wrote the article — forgot to change the title as the article progressed. =p
  3. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

Re: Paypal Fees — The Difference Between $1.50 RMAH Listing and $5.00 RMAH Listing

Wasn't it stated that you will only have the option to cash out to paypal on a per transaction basis?

If you choose to stash it, it will be made into "Blizzard Bucks" for use on the auction house, which cannot be withdrawn.
  4. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

Any chance you can reference that?

5. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

Here's what I just found from the AH FAQ on Battle.net..

[h=5]Can players choose to get cash from currency-based auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds deposited into their Battle.net account?[/h]Yes, as an advanced feature, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. Region-specific details, as well as details regarding which third-party payment services will be supported and the fee that Blizzard will charge for the cash-out process, will all be provided at a later date.

6. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

"...any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to t third-party payment service account."

This supports what you said Bowzer – looks like you can choose for the transaction to go to the third party, or the Battle.net account at the end of (or beginning of) an auction. Hmm... changes things a bit now doesn't it.
  7. dolicsehrant

dolicsehrant IncGamers Member

atm the whole fee structure looks incomplete.

the 1.5$ minimum amount obviously is not enought for 1.25$ for blizz and 0.30$ + 2.9% for paypal.

i guess the two will figure out a deal to fix that and let us know in the coming weeks.

then theyll have to translate the final fee structure into other currencies as well.
  8. Eagle

Eagle IncGamers Member

Your conclusion applies as long as the paypal payout feature involves a fixed component. However as far as I'm aware we have no details yet of the exact paypal costs. You can pretty much guarantee Blizzard will have negotiated rates specific to the RMAH. So your actual numbers probably don't mean much.

9. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

Yes — in truth it's all speculation at this point. And, because patches exist, even with release subject to change. Those numbers above are based on the "general" paypal fees atm. Blizzard might get a specific discount... but that's not to say that discount will be passed on the players.

Yet again — when doing calculations of this nature, we'll have to wait and see...

10. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm IncGamers Member

1.50 - 1.25 is NOT .50.
  11. Naviaras

Naviaras IncGamers Member

Can't believe I missed that on the 1st read through. :crazyeyes:

12. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

:claps: ty ;)

13. Baalat

Baalat IncGamers Member

I think that a gold trade is the best method to cash out low value item sales
    1. sell the all low value items in the gah
    2. when reaching a good amount of gold trade it for real money in the rmah for a 15% fee

And for real money stuck in the bnet I guess the best method is the dummy transaction
  14. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

For real money stuck in battle.net - you'll probably want to buy something at the RMAH and resell it for real money that goes directly to Paypal. Use it to purchase RMAH listings and relist.

15. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Yes, this is correct when you sell an item you have to select if you want the money to go to your bnet balance or paypal.

16. octan

octan IncGamers Member

cant buy additional RMAH listings. max 10 at a time and they are free. It was in some update cca 1 month ago

edit: yes. now I see. should read twice before post something.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  17. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

"Use it to purchase RMAH listings and relist." ROFL

18. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver IncGamers Member

The way things are set up now, I also suspect the best way to earn real money from Diablo III will be to sell stuff on the GAH and then sell the gold for real cash after you have accumulated enough gold.
    Of course Blizzard could change things on a whim and you will have to change your methods to make money. I actually plan to farm on HC and sell the gold using third party sites.
  19. HÃ¥les

HÃ¥les IncGamers Member

The way things are now in BETA — gold is the big seller on the RMAH. Its at about $4.00 — $5.00 per 1,000 — which is nuts. I just started playing the Beta yesterday and did really good in the RMAH with the beta bucks just selling gold. In fact, out of all the RMAH items I put of for sale, gold was the only thing that sold, again and again.

I'm willing to bet, if you can continue to purchase gold in the RMAH (of course you will) it'll be the primary method for most people to make a buck in Diablo III.

20. Goldmember

Goldmember IncGamers Member

how do you know thats the fee? its horendously high considering a lot of items will be sold around 1$ (e.g.D2). blizz was talking about a "negligible amount" that would be a fee over 100%. even 5%-10% of itemvalue would be a lot!
    (yes i know fees are static now, i just like percentages, makes things clearer^^)

yes i agree. convert to gold sell gold... .
    beta bucks =/= $$ ! 5$ per 1k is a lot as you say considering how easy 1k is made. ppl calculating like that will be disapointed to say the least. actual gold and item prices will depend on what blizz gives us (dont be fooled by the whole player driven thing)!

stay golden