Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Patch Preview up

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by konfeta, Jan 12, 2013. | Replies: 70 | Views: 6812

1. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560

New crafting recipes, if I read it correctly, are more closely resembling what I expected crafting to result in when they announced it.

Hoping they will eventually transition crafting into that direction overall (select 1-2 specific affixes, rest random).

Not really a fan of just damage buff on Arcane Orb, I was hoping for something like more AoE on non-Celestial/Nova runes. I suspect that Blizzard basically isn't doing anything about rune balance this patch.

Temporal Flux finally not being terrible is good, though, this kind of puts Ray of Frost in a (even) bad(er) spot unless it got changes as well. Amusingly enough, Temporal Flux buff probably helps Archon builds more than it does help non-Archon Arcane builds.
  2. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

PvP - It's a simpler version compared to the arena that was scrapped.

Seems like Blizzard intends to add the basis first, then expand on it in the future. Pretty smart IMO.

-New crafted items are BoA, so that prevents them from screwing the market. But some items are definitely going down. (armors, trifecta ammy and gloves probably)

- More incentive to kill elites (Demonic Essence)

- More incentive to kill certain bosses (drops the new crafting recipes)

- New Gem tier - Marquise (3 Radiant Star gems, 20 million gold, and 1 Demonic Essence) Prepare for gems to increase in value

I think they should include brimstones into the new crafting recipe, I have hordes of them and have no idea what to do with them.

Overall I'm satisfied with the changes, curious to see the wizard/monk buffs.
  3. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

A lot of that sounds pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing the PTR notes for a complete list of changes. Hopefully, they will also change crafting to allow for ilvl 63 properties to appear on normal crafted items too.

I don't think they're quite going far enough with gems, though. Although I think it's a good idea to make rubies desirable in weapons, rubies are already fairly valuable. It might be nice to make better incentives for the other two gems. Also, I think the stat boosting properties could be a little bit better too.
  4. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Death is not permanent in the dueling zone, even for Hardcore characters

Does this mean HC players do not lose their characters when they lose in duels?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Yeah, I mean, who would be dumb enough to lose their character permanently just for pvp?
  6. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

“The game doesn’t keep score and there are no objectives. We wanted dueling to be as simple and straightforward as possible, so we created a minimalist system — we know that even without rewards and objectives, some players just want to beat each other up. â€

wait wait wait

what was their reason for cancelling arena PvP ?

“Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly. We’ve brought a lot of people in to try out Team Deathmatch and, while some found it entertaining, most of our testers didn’t feel like it was something they’d want to do beyond a few hours. Without more varied objectives, or very lucrative rewards, few saw our current iteration as something they’d want spend a lot of time in.â€

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/Diablo_III_PvP_Update_-12_27_2012
  7. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Dog, meet bone. Bone, meet dog.

Nothing more, nothing less James.
  8. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

Upping dmg for monks spirit spending skills? I really hope they've done something more than that, it would be better to just decrease the spirit cost of them somewhat and change range on some skills etc. Maybe that will be in the patch notes.... Also wonder where the hell the OWE nerf is? I'd like it to come now so we're done with that crap.
  9. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

FlyBoyG made a good point in th enews page

Dueling:

Seems like the idea is you’ll be playing act 1 and turn so someone and say ‘hey, wonna duel’ and then they’ll say ‘sure, best of 3.’ then you’ll go and duel. The end. Now back to the grind. Fair enough. What bugs me is if you want to say ‘wonna duel’ but are in act 2/3/4, you can’t. Perhaps they’ll add custom arenas for those acts as well.

"For now, though, we're going to first be looking at new modes that play up to the strengths of the character classes, focus on objectives beyond just defeating other players, and possibly even integrate PvE elements and rewards."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/Diablo_III_PvP_Update_-12_27_2012

objectives beyond just defeating other players?
    PVE elements and rewards ?

We didn't get any of that at all.

"Nothing more" is certainly correct

I guess those will come in patch 1.5 lol

nothing less ?

uh, yeah, we had this TWO YEARS ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQTN9IkDWI
  10. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Kind of disappointed. Not so much that the changes are bad, but that the previewed changes are relatively minor "quality of life" changes rather than things that will significantly impact my gameplay experience.

For me, the only thing that's changing is that I can integrate runs of sub-bosses to try and get those crafting recipes. But everything else is already something I'm doing in the game. There also are relatively few of those crafting recipes, so even that will be exhausted soon.

Side note: I find it really funny that the Wizard skills getting buffed (Arcane Orb, Blizzard, Shock Pulse) are like, 3 of the 7 offensive skills Wizards even use these days. IMO, wouldn't Magic Missile, Disintegrate, Ray of Frost, Meteor, etc. warrant damage buffs to bring them more in line with Piercing Orb and Arcane Orb?

Anyway, the last few patches brought major systems changes that really enhanced the quality of the game for me. This one, so far, is bringing very little.
  11. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Overall: Im happy to see Blizzard is not so afraid of adding Bind on pickup stuff to the game. Unfortuantely that is the only real way to fight the AH dominance.

Really Blizzard.
    Some players find it more rewarding to collect items from monsters in a game that is centered around finding items from monters?!
    Until 100% of players find it more rewarding to find items from monsters, you ought to onsider that particular part of the game a failure. Seriously.
    Sure, AH exists and has its benefits and stuff, but finding items in-game is god-damn central to what the game is.

VERY good. That is how it should be. A very long way to go however.

Maybe... but so early in the game, where skills are insanely unbalanced, there has to be MORE skill changes not less.
    Also, many skills need a lot more changes than just increasing their damage.

New Crafting Recipes:
    Well, rafting needs a lot more changes than this, but like many other changes this patch, it is some sort of a start.

Wont really affect most casual players I guess, conidering how expensive those gems are to make, so if they mean they only improve the very last tier of Ruby, then that is a bit stupid.

MP in public games:
    I never ever play public games, but yeah... that one was obviously needed.

That is good reasoning. Which on its own makes me happy, since Blizzard has been using a loot of bad reasoning when explaining changes in Diablo 3 :)
    High MP should be rewarding, but not the required way to play, if it was, it would simply be 10 new difficulty levels (like normal, NM etc).

Meh, I dont get these kind of changes. Reflect was pretty much the only elite affix that harm people who got too much DPS and forgot their defense. Seems to me like it was an affix that worked just as intended.

Agreeing that Plagued is harmless right now, BUT shouldnt they both feel threathening? Even according to Blizzards very own philosophy a few sentences back: "We believe that Diablo shines when you can spend the majority of your time slaughtering hordes of enemies and then having that punctuated by the occasional difficulty spike either in the form of a particularly challenging set of normal monsters (like an elite pack) or a boss." Not sure Molten really needed another nerf. Unless its a very small one. Rather, other affixes might need to be balanced at the same level

I dont really mind the removal of resurrection timer in itself, but the penalty for death in SC should be substantially higher! It simply makes the game more fun if there is a sense of danger.

Good! It is prety annoying to pretty much stand on top of a gold stack, which the game just refuses to pick up. Sure you can go for it on gear, but you wont always have it, especially not while levelling.
  12. windstriker

They did increase it to 5 sec for everyone, which basically means the resurrect timer will be longer for my monk which dies in about 1/10 games atm :p

While thinking about these changes during the day, I've found what I really miss the most and what makes me feel a bit disappointed is an incentive to play act 1 and 2. I was really hoping for higher mob density in these acts, it's such a shame only act 3 is getting played. Not sure if these changes will keep me playing until 1.0.8. May be some good stuff in the patch notes though.
  13. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I admit that it would be cool to have the option on HC. If some people would want to do a "winner takes all"-style match where killing the opponent awards all non-binds on account items to you, that would be cool.
  14. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

I like the 1.0.7 changes. This is very much a step in the right direction.

I'm just worried about enabling mp for public games. This comes with a great disadvantage. It divides the player population by 10!
    Less people queing for each mp setting.

Oh and there were lots of people doing pvp with their hardcore charachters in diablo 2.
  15. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

I think this is great. Currently public games are so easy its a joke. Although sitting alone in MP games might suck..

My biggest beef is the lack of proper buffs to all useless skills....sigh :(

Also binding items to accounts is lame.
  16. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

Remember that many skills were useless in diablo 2 as well Vooodu. But you are right about public games. They are too easy for an average geared player. Hopefully this works out.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  17. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

I like it. Especially since Monks bet a boost now.
  18. windstriker

It's a necessity to avoid inflation, although BoE would've been more fun imo.
  19. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I have one question, and one question only: where is the id all button? The game needs it yesterday, and by yesterday I mean at launch. I hope they come to their senses and it's in the patch notes.

Why have a timer on death at all? What purpose does it serve, other than to annoy the player? If you lost one permanent point of durability on one random item each time you died, that would be a good reason to avoid deaths, imo. Up the starting durability of the items to make it non-excessive, if it felt like it. This would work as a minor item sink, too, although not enough to combat item saturation alone, ofc.

Edit: ok so I had two questions. I can lie and be illogical too, like the D3 devs. :p

Edit2: And you could buy a godly item on the AH for pennies with 1 dura left and try not to die with it... More decisions and ways of playing are a good thing.
  20. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

I don't understand the BoA thing from Blizz's POV. Don't they want to encourage RMAH activity so they get their vig? Seems like a lose/lose for players and Blizz.