Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Paragon Leveling; which is faster?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Ajita, Feb 4, 2013. | Replies: 10 | Views: 19198

1. Ajita

Ajita IncGamers Member

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

which may help level faster; leveling smaller levels and fighting faster or leveling higher levels working at the biggest levels u can but slower? anyone have any experience? advice? i'm at 47 now and just want to get to 100 as fast as possible. not to worried about GF or MF.

thanks
    ajita

btw, this post is also in Wizard forum.
  2. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

At the moment the quickest way to level is Act 3, MP0, Arreat Crater 2, depths 2, Rakkis, rinse and repeat. Come 1.07 this could change depending on your dps.
  3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

What grogs said, but other good areas in act 3 are: tower of the damned level 1, Stonefort (there are some sparse areas, but the dense areas are very dense), Skycrown (good for getting initial 5 stacks), the battlefield area.
  4. Ajita

Ajita IncGamers Member

thanks guys,

MP0 & MP1 eh? who'da thunk.

appreciate,
    ajita
  5. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

What Grogs said is the best exp/hour. However, you need to run really fast and not bother with tomes/gems/rares, only with run as fast as possible. If you are picking stuff, you should include some areas snicker snack mentioned and have some drops to make up for running slower.

On 1.0.6., it's better to go MP0. On 1.0.7. rumor has you can go with higher MP.

Imo, we (the ones looking for XP + drops) will end up with modified alkaizer runs, MP2-3. Since they're changing only the bonus XP for MP, not the base XP, probably the route mentioned by grogs at the highest MP possible without hurting kill speed will be the best one.

Basically, it boils down to check how much XP you got in a couple runs, estimate the XP/hour and do the same for the next MP. It would be highly dependant on gear, but it's hard to run fast enough abouve MP2, even with top gear (iirc, moldran do MF runs at MP2 with his barb on twitch).
  6. SnickerSnack

Yeah, I pick up rares. :) I got my good gloves that way, so I'm sticking with it.

Even if you aren't picking items, I think Tower I is good. It's quick and you get 2 to 3 elites. It's best to do it early in a run, so I do it right after Core of Arreat. It's not the most XP efficient, but you get some stacks fast.

OP: Also, In 1.0.6, just do MP0 unless you can 1-hit mobs on MP1/2. I could maybe 1-hit almost everything on MP1, so I may switch to that soon (if the drops allow it).
  7. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

My opinion is as follows (for 1.06)

For XP & legendaries only - Run MP0.
    For gear - Run MP1 (as all rares can roll lvl 63 stats)
    If you also include a Key Warden in the run, consider MP 2-3.
    MP's higher than MP3 are pointless from an efficiency factor.
  8. SnickerSnack

This is not needed for acts 3 and 4. MP0 Act 3 rares can roll lvl 63 stats.

I disagree with this. In my experience, if your damage/survival is high enough, the speedier runs afforded by lower MP aren't enough to make up for the reduced chance of getting a key. I do key runs on MP 4, and at that level, I don't die very much and I clear areas pretty quick. Most elite packs are dead in under 15 seconds.

This probably also depends on build quite a bit.
  9. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Are you sure about this?

My understanding was as follows.
    For MP0 - whatever the base level of the item was, is the max stats that it could roll. ie - if you get an ilvl 61 item, it would roll max ilvl 61 stats.
    The only time ilvl 63 stats would be rolled is if it was a ilvl 63 item.

For MP1+ (in inferno), no matter what the ilvl of the item, the stats rolled would be using ilvl 63 max values.
    (That does not mean it will roll ilvl 63, but that it CAN roll ilvl 63.)

----------------

As far as my keywarden comment, it wasn't meaning if you were doing keywarden runs.
    It was only if you were including the keywarden in your run.

But yes, I do agree that it depends on your build and killing efficiency.
    I don't have the best gear. My characters are above average, but definitely not extremely strong.
    I can do MP4 easily (with minimal deaths (1 in 5 runs), but for me, MP2 is the most efficient).
    My rule of thumb (for my WD's build) is my MP level is depended on my DPS. Every 25k, I increase the MP level by 1.

If you're doing only keywarden runs, then you take the number of runs * MP# and whatever gives you the highest number is the MP that you should use.

ie - 6 runs on MP1 (10%) = .6 per hour
    5 runs on MP2 (20%) = 1 per hour
    4.3 runs on MP3 (30%) = 1.29 per hour
    3.8 runs on MP4 (40%) = 1.52 per hour
    2.7 runs on MP5 (50%) = 1.35 per hour.

Therefore MP4 would be the most efficient for key running.
  10. SnickerSnack

Yes, I'm sure. The affixes an item can roll are no longer tied to the item level, but instead are based on the level of the monster that dropped it. In Act3/4, all monsters are level 63. This was introduced in patch 1.0.5. From the patch notes:

I do have to wonder if this helps or hurts new players trying to get to level 60, though.

Then I have to agree with what you said about including the keywarden in runs. I misunderstood your post.

I haven't done careful timing, but I think MP4 is best for my barbarian when doing key runs. But, if I can get more DPS and survivability, then MP5 might be better. Right now, my damage is high enough that MP5 might be fine, but I die too easily at MP5. I assume the runs per hour in your calculations are for your WD? If your DPS was higher, then it would change all of the numbers.
  11. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the clarification on the drop info. I misinterpreted the info to be what I had described above.
    I'll still ensure that I play MP1+ for A1 and A2, but for A3 at least I'll have the option of going with MP0.

I don't think it has any impact on players leveling. I have not been able to find anything definitive, but I thought that monsters can only drop at the same level (or below) their own monster level (excluding inferno). Maybe one MP above their own level, but not much higher.

Like many others in the forum, I play Self Found without using the AH, so I found that crafting was the best way for me to get better items while leveling. With the new MP system, I usually do the following (although I have only leveled one character since the system came out and its in Hardcore) MP5 for normal, MP3 for Nightmare. This allows me to kill things quickly and level up at a good rate, while also having a bit of a safety net.

I try to be about 5-6 levels above my opponents. Therefore, the only way to have my DPS to also be 5 or 6 levels above is to either use the AH or craft.

Finally, the numbers I used were just an example, not actual times.
    I am a min maxer for character items to ensure that I have the strongest character available based on the assumptions I make, but just play the game on whatever settings seem the funnest to me.

Although I said in my last post, I thought MP0 and MP1 were the most efficient, I usually play on MP3.