Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Paragon Level - The new mf system?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by raveharu, Aug 19, 2012. | Replies: 31 | Views: 8052

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Source:
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1317...ges-class-changes-new-items-affixes-and-more/
    http://horadric.ru/obnovlenie-1-0-4-11327-datamajn-t8113.html

Anyone have the slightest idea what is this all about? Looks like a new leveling system of sorts.

I'm also wondering if NV buffs will be replaced by this new system.
  2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

We took the old leveling system and DOUBLED it.
  3. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

lol...we also doubled the necesary mf needed to get minimum affix rolls!

4. Coolhwip

Coolhwip IncGamers Member

Well I remember a ton of casuals whining because they weren't able to get NV stacks while leveling characters. This might be an answer to those cries giving both bonus experience and magic find. I guess this paves the way for future expansion(s) when the level cap is raised streamlining the entire character leveling experience. That's just a wild guess though.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  5. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Haven't both of these things been posted in this forum already? I'm not sure what my point is in asking; it just seems odd to repost this.

Edit: In hindsight, I guess your main point is your "I'm also wondering"... I guess I just read this as "Hey guys! Here's some new info (that's not new), and just as an aside: [main point]."

Really? Wow, that's sad. I guess a ton of people don't know how to read the info that's spoon fed in the game guide.

6. jamesisbest

jamesisbest IncGamers Member

Casuals did have legitimate concerns with the lack of valor when below 60. You think finding good items is hard at 60? Just try finding good items below 60. Your chance of finding rares is extremely low. I remember my first char wore mostly blues at level 60 the first week the game was out because finding an upgrade was tough while leveling.
  7. herfy

herfy IncGamers Member

I would guess that you reach different levels of excellence after you kill X elites. Then you get a small percentage perma buff to your mf or gf.

This would be interesting if it was tied into some ladder system, but that's not going to happen.

Jay's blog post on Monday can't come soon enough!
  8. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

I've leveled all classes to 60 sc. 4 never found a rare past nightmare until inferno nv stacks. After the first the only "good" item they had was an Aughild's Brow with exp gem inside.

9. SnickerSnack

Oh, I thought he meant that they didn't understand why they didn't get them, not that they thought it unfair. I don't much remember questing my first character, but I don't remember it being very hard most of the time. Yeah, I used mostly blues, but they were good enough for normal and nm.

It would be nice if it reset 1/2/3/4 times a year. I don't think it would be that great if it never reset unless the bonus were pretty small, say, 2 mf/gf per 500 elites. I expect to have 10k elite kills in a couple of years, so I think 40% bonus mf is nice, if it's larger and doesn't reset.... :hang:

Edit: Hmmm, I have 6k now, sooooo..... Maybe 1% per 1k elite kills? That's if it doesn't reset.

The game has been out for about 3 months, so I've gotten around 2k elite kills per month on average. I think I'm a semi-casual player. I don't play 30+ hours per week.

10. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

The game provides a system in which you basically have rares-on-demand. It's called The Blacksmith, aka Haedrig. Recycle your useless garbage drops, and roll some stuff. Starting at lvl 17, you can roll your own rare helmets. At lvl 25, pants. And so on.

The Blacksmith's offerings do peter out once you reach Inferno, without the finding of 5+ property recipes from A2 and beyond. By that time you almost certainly have NV though. But they will take you nicely through Normal -> Hell. I'm a self-found guy, and my characters all used Haedrig... a LOT.

So if you're in late Hell and you're upset because your pauldrons still all blue and sucky, then you haven't been been making full use of the resources available to you.
  11. lanceuppercut

lanceuppercut IncGamers Member

is there going to be a counter for the 500 or will you have to leave it to guesswork? what i want to avoid is 490 elite kills on a4/inferno then deciding to start a new char and not realising and getting a crappy a1/normal legendary item!

is this 500 per account or if you have diff chars will they have their own 500 counter?
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  12. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

The counter thing is fake, it's fan made.
  13. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Sadly. Who wanna bet that the paragon system is crap compared to that idea :)
  14. snipeattacker

snipeattacker IncGamers Member

I bet there will be some form of daily quests, which will give more reputation than just killing Diablo over and over.... Kill x number of elites with this affix, Kill Leoric with 4 people in a cooop game, etc etc. We will hear tomorrow..
  15. SnickerSnack

I wish I could craft rings. Even if they were only certain ilvls, that'd be fine.

16. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

It's clear they intended Covetous to make jewelry, there's plenty of references to it in the chat! Even the Game Guide mentions it:

17. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Probably something to keep people busy, some band-aid system after they realise how awful of an idea such an easily obtainable level cap and infinite free-respecs were for the replayability of the game.
  18. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Has anyone stopped to consider what it means to "kill an elite?" As in, will the counter go up 1 per pack, or if you kill a champ pack (blues), for instance, will you get 3? I saw someone counting it that way, but didn't think that made much sense. I imagine it's one per spawned pack.
  19. the Langolier

the Langolier IncGamers Member

Why would you waste your money on the Artisans when you can buy equivalent items from the AH for cheaper?

20. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

If you choose to not use the AH as it spoils your fun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.