Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Paragon 2.0 leveling curve?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by RazeBarb, Oct 6, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 5564

1. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

What do you think about it?

I think I read somewhere you'd need Plvl800 to max out every stat and that each Plvl after that automatically goes to your base stats.
    Blizzard said that all the XP you gathered across your characters will get added up and calculated for Paragon 2.0 eventually. Now people suggested that 2 Plvl100 chars could translate to the fantasy number of Plvl140 on the new system, because naturally the leveling curve must get steeper the higher you go.

But my guess is that Blizzard will nerf the current leveling curve when switching to Paragon 2.0.
    Right now the XP needed to progress really ramps up at Plvl70ish. They'll probably lower it waaaaay down to make it less frustrating for the casuals.

Maybe it will make no difference and it evens out, so that we'll really be around Plvl140 with 2 Plvl100 chars, but maybe you'll log in and actually have Plvl250 or something? I hope they got that figured out in time for BlizzCon.
  2. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

They could make 100 > 300 and it'd still be a net nerf.
  3. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

That's what stops me participating in things like this. I figure I COULD, in theory, play a ton and grind away to get p800. And then they will nerf or scrap the entire system for D3X2 and it would have been a total waste of time. I've been burned too many times like that in WoW.

Just wait for D3X2, wait until they stop patching D3X2, and then see what we have...

I want a complete and finished game where they do NOT go in and nerf / scrap everything!
  4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

You make it sound like even D2 was not finished until 2011....
  5. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

I have actually said that on numerous occasions!

I came to realize that I want a game that is complete, done, finished, no more major patches, with enough content to keep me busy for a long time. D2 became that with its final patch in 2011. That was effectively the release date of D2.

This is why I say D3 is still in BETA, D3X is actually a beta patch, and D3X2 is a beta patch. They want to charge you $60 x3 for beta testing D3. The actual release of D3 is long after the release of D3X2, the last major content patch. But that won't be until probably 2017-2018.

I'm having a blast in D2 right now. I play it constantly. And I'm very happy to know they won't patch it again.
  6. Diabble Bobble

Diabble Bobble IncGamers Member

Curves are for women. I'll race you guys to paragon level infinity.