Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pala-sorc (fun build)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by wacktapaz, Feb 23, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1056

1. wacktapaz

wacktapaz IncGamers Member

Pala-sorc (fun build)

Hi, this has probably been done before, but would just like to hear your thoughts on this build I will be trying out.
    Im planning on using Trang-ouls armour, helm, gloves and belt together with the dragon scale shield.

Together this will grant me lvl 18 fire ball, 12 fire wall, 10 meteor and 10 hydra

Other equipment will include: rising sun amulet, sprirt sword/HotO/hexfire sword, some random rings with FCR and a pair of boots with good res.
    All in all very cheap equipment wise.

As for skills I was thinking of maxing conviction, defiance and holy shield plus 1 point i vigor and redemtion.

For merc either an act 2 with insight (but dont know if that will be needed with the mana regen from trangs set and redemtion aura) or with a rift polearm - since I will be using conviction.
    Or an act 3 ice merc using dual spirit, harlequin and vipermagi/ormus/spirit shroud - again with convition he might be a good choice.

Any feed back will be apriated. Thanks!
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Re: Pala-sorc (fun build)

Firewall from the trang's set does okay damage, but only with full trangs and lots of +skills ( like Mara, SoJ ), to get the benefit of fire mastery
    This is obviously not possible for a paladin.
    With lower resist, firewall chews through poison immunes decently quickly with the help of the merc, but its only a backup skill and corpse explosion is used as well.
    All the other fire spells mentioned are basically crap.

The act 3 cold merc does the highest damage of the act 3 mercs , three times that of the lightning dude and fire is even worse. So you're on the right track there. Even so, he needs all the help he can get and is only really for challenging builds.
    My trangs poisonmancer uses an act 3 cold merc, and with skeletons to tank for him and lower resists, he does pretty well, though I can't quantify it. He also freezes stuff, which is not good for a necromancer but okay. Chilling armor gives him decent defense.
    His items are: Voice of Reason crystal sword, Nightwing's veil (Pamethyst ), vipermagi ( pamethyst ), spirit. With the 2 pams, he can equip the spirit at level 84. Obviously an ethereal spirit would free up a slot to be used for a facet, but I haven't found one yet.
    I did some calculations and found that VOR is better than spirit, even with lower resists, plus cbf is a nice thing to have on merc.

Hope that helped..
  3. wacktapaz

wacktapaz IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply nice to hear that the act 3 merc might actually work : )
    One question though:is fire damage from items, such as dragon scale which does some 2xx-3xx points of fire damage, added to the damage of fire spells?
    I know it works that way for example with exploding arrows but is it the same when its a spell and not an attack?
  4. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

No, it doesn't work that way.