Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OTF Personality Thread: Yaboosh

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Yaboosh, Mar 13, 2008. | Replies: 54 | Views: 2785

1. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

OTF Personality Thread: Yaboosh

Ok, here is the next edition of the OTF Personality Threads. The subject for this edition is Yaboosh.

First, some ground rules.

You MUST of course obey all forum rules.

Keep it clean, do not mindlessly flame the subject at hand, but also be honest.

The goal of this thread is to let the subject know how they are viewed by the readers of this forum.

Let them know how you perceive their personality, what you think of their posting style.

Lurkers are MORE than welcome to participate in these threads, it will be interesting to find out what people who merely read and do not participate themselves think of the forum members here.

This can get out of hand fairly easily, and if so, they will have to stop, so lets have some self restraint and use common sense about what you are actually going to type.

So, OTF, what do you think of Yaboosh?
  2. Holysinner

Holysinner IncGamers Member

Re: OTF Personality Thread: Yaboosh

I shouldn't be the first to post as I haven't been here long, but it's late and there aren't too many of us logged on, so I'll give it a go.

Yaboosh is one of those annoying members who unfailingly makes sense and articulates his thoughts clearly, making the rest of us look bad. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, he can disrupt a pretentiously serious debate with a distractingly humorous post. How dare he?

He knows too much about beer.

/sarcastic

Nah, he seems like a great guy, not annoying in the least. I wouldn't want to miss a post of his. Don't know him personally, but I'd happily buy him a beer and enjoy a good chat. Can't we get the beer-mug smiley back (I think there was one long ago, no)?
    /sincere
  3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

He makes beer, and I want to try it.
  4. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

He is a selfish self-bumper!

Nyah, jokes aside, Yaboosh is a man who enjoys the simple pleasures his senses offer him, and like a proper manly man, chooses for himself what things are worthy of enjoying and makes them for himself, for even if own brew tasted no better than the rest, there can be the sweet savour of success. He knows his beers, and if I had any taste for the stuff, I'd trust this man's judgments.

As a discusser, he is not one to dragged away. He is one of those who manage to keep their posts light-hearted and cheerful without trying too much. He is only stern when irrevocable rights are threatened - he just includes his beers there, and rarely, if ever is confronted for that. He seems to be well liked, and for good reasons.
  5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

The threads he makes really suck, no way I'd be caught posting in them.

One of those posters the place wouldn't be the same without.
  6. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

one of the few people i have ever put on ignore...it's was so long ago that i can't remember why i did it now...he probably dissed canadian beer.
  7. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

I kept reading that "he probably pissed in canadian beer". I caught my error when I started thinking "hey wait, why would SD get upset over it, the taste would've probably gotten better".

Nyeah, beer jokes come off better from beer drinkers. But hey, I tried, and we Finns are somewhat of beer nationalists as well. Our lagers usually fare rather well in international competitions.

8. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

At least I'm honest...

One of the posters I don't really like, quite possibly based solely on the fact that I never agree with anything he writes. ;)
  9. superdave

finns are almost as funny as germans.

/ignore.
  10. toader

toader Banned

Yaboosh is a decent guy. Pretty level headed. He has a hardon for AJ though, which I always found odd.
  11. SQUATMAN

SQUATMAN IncGamers Member

Yaboosh seems decent although I have not interacted with him in any threads. Nothing much more to say.
  12. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Yaboosh is a good guy from everything I've read. He knows a ton about beer (which is always a good thing) and he can hold his own in sports debates. I can appreciate and respect both of those things.

When it comes to political or other issue threads, I find myself disagreeing with him a decent amount of the time. But he's rarely combative or derogatory while giving his opinions, so I don't see disagreeing with him as something to hold against him.

He's somewhat like me in that he's a regular, but not a crazy all the time poster. Cheers, sir.
  13. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Hmmm... creating a personality thread about himself. "Attention whore" comes to mind...

JK, of course. Seems like a pretty well-balanced guy. When I do come across him in a thread, he seems well-informed and generally respectful of others. He also seems to avoid extremes, which I appreciate and find to be uncommon in my own context.
  14. Killing Frenzy

Killing Frenzy IncGamers Member

Yaboosh has always seemed like a down to earth kinda guy to me. Level headed, and smarter than your average cookie. He's alright in my books. :smiley:

Then I found out he worked at a brewery, and now I'm in love! :heart: :flowers: :cloud9:
  15. howdidigethere

howdidigethere IncGamers Member

I have no clue who anyone on this forum is, but most people here seem nice, so im going to have to say Yaboosh is a decent guy/gal/machine.
  16. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

Boosh is one of the old timers here, from my perspective. And so for a fairly long while, I thought he was old too. His discussion of his foray into brewing and such has been particularly enlightening about how he lives, as well as that he's not quite 30 (I think...).

He's rational, from what I've seen.

(Does this signal the end of the personality threads?)
  17. superdave

i want a do-over...nobody said good things about me in my thread.

18. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Not the end, I just became conceited all of the sudden...
  19. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Decent fellow. Most of what he posts is thoughtful, inoffensive, and not somehow related to sex. A refreshing rarity here.
  20. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

When I think of Yaboosh, I think of sports. Though Yaboosh's responses and contributions to the OTF have always gone well beyond discussions about sports. Maybe it's the avatar. ;)

Regardless, Yaboosh has definitely been around a long time and he strikes me as pretty level-headed most of the time. He occasionally can present with a pretty strong opinion and I have known him to go on the offensive toward others (in a non flaming sort of way). It hink it's his willingness to confront that may turn some people off.

Regardless, I consider Yaboosh a solid contributor to the OTF and am glad he's here.

You guys have seriously put people on ignore? I'm not so sure I've ever done that.