Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Workout and Diet Log

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Oct 17, 2013. | Replies: 60 | Views: 4215

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Hey!

So my training is getting more serious now, and I have a lot of work to do to get ready for my trials. Plus, I'm not 100% sure where that is going yet because they've advised me to ditch boxing and go into MMA. Which is pretty awesome, but so is boxing :loving:

I'll be logging my workouts and diet here, progress photos and weight etc. I might do some video recipes for some of my meals too, prawn stir fry etc.

Feel free to follow along :)

I will make each day a separate post, primarily for organisation. Progress photos and weight etc will be updated on this post.

My diet is logged here every day, along with my macros, fibre and sugar.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Hayman896
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. Kitteh

Tuesday was back;

I only recorded 4 exercises.

I did some warm ups for deadlift and then did a couple of sets at 85kg (I only just got my form sufficiently proper for me to start adding weight :loving:), and finished with a set (recorded) at 70kg to compare my form now and then (previous video posted).

Then I did some BO BB rows (7 reps heavy), warmed up with a set of 12 at I think 50kg. As you can see, I walked off and forgot I was filming it...

Next up was some T-bar Rows at 65kg. This is an exercise I only recently added to my pool, and I love this ****! Linear jammers are awesome too (shoulders).

The last thing I recorded was some rack pulls at 60kg.
    I did four sets (this was the last).

I also did some pull ups, lat pull downs and seated cable rows. Legs tomorrow :)
  3. Kitteh

Yesterday was Legs;

I did some hill jogging to warm up after my usual stretches etc, and then into my squats. Wednesday is my high volume/low weight leg day, with my heavy workout on Saturday.

Started with some back squats, 40kg for 12 I think.
    I filmed two of my sets, not sure why....

Next up was some front squats. I hadn't slept too well yesterday so I wasn't feeling great, I considered going home actually, but I figured any workout is better than nothing.

Next was some cleans. I haven't done these in a long time, and the day before was back, so the weight was tiny. I actually farted mid rep... You can see me laugh.

Next up is calf raises. I'm really liking the way my calves are looking. I can't wait for the plymetrics gear to be set up.

Other exercises done were;
    Seated calf raises
    Hamstring curls
    Various ab work
  4. Kitteh

Today was shoulders :)

Did some stretches, 10kg presses and some cable one arm raises to warm up.

First up was BB presses;
    You can't actually see the presses because I'm an idiot and recorded my last set of them, thus I couldn't record it again :p

Next up was some SM back shrugs. I'm using 30kg and really just focusing on that contraction. I'm thinking I'll up it to 35kg next week.

Then some DB shrugs, 30kg x2 for 10.

Last recorded exercise was linear jammers. I do three sets of 14kg, increase the weight and work back up to 14 reps per set, and then repeat. Today was a 10kg increase - and it shows.

Other exercises for today;
    Drop set DB presses
    Burnt out with some dropset upright cable rows with the rope. 27kg > 23kg > 18kg.
  5. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

How much do you weigh, kitteh? This is good motivation for myself to start proper training (should make a pushups/situps/chinups thread. ^.^) What trials are you training for, btw?
  6. Kitteh

I weighed in yesterday at 77.8kgs, so at a glance calculation that is about 170ish pounds? Give or take 20, can't be arsed to actually do the maths, I never went to bed last night.

I was training for boxing originally, but it looks like I'm going into MMA. There is a chance that I will fail my medical though due to a shoulder injury, if that happens, then I'll probably do bodybuilding.

I'm probably not going to post my diet to be honest, although I will post recipes of meals if anybody wants them. I'll add my 'MyFitnessPal' link to the first page, which has my diet for every day.

Today was arms (biceps/triceps/forearms). I didn't go to bed last night due to waiting up for my parents getting home from Turkey - a grumpy Kitteh = no recordings :loving:
  7. Kitteh

A couple of recent progress photos. I was basically told to beef up - my fitness and technique is great, but I've also been a slim person. Unfortunately, with a big bulk comes a decent amount of fat, I can't wait to start my cut cycle.

I can still see the progress though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Kitteh

I've been really struggling to eat today because I never went to bed last night, and when I haven't slept I basically feel sick all day. I need to hit my calories though because with the intensity I train at I just have to eat properly. I probably shouldn't have stayed up to meet my parents, but heck, too late now. Bed soon...

I'm going to have a couple of caramel rice cakes and a chicken and kale sandwich, do some chemistry homework and then have my milk and my shake and climb into bed!

Todays macros;
    372 carbs
    81 fat
    261 protein

Due to me struggling to eat, I basically had to bulk my calories up with hob nobs and a take away. There was just no other way that I was hitting my calories today.
  9. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

When I was in college, I had a friend who did kung-fu and karate. He did 6-month cycles, where he would binge protein and fat for 6 months (not that he scarfed fat, but it comes with the protein), and then he would cut for 6 months (no fat and low protein). That's something that you might try to incorporate. He was extremely buff. He was only about 160 pounds, but he was shortish and had almost no fat.

I've been needing to do something similar to what you're doing for a few years. I'm in terrible shape, and I'll be 30 in about a month. I really need to get myself motivated to be healthy, so I'll be watching your thread and hopefully I'll do something similar soon.
  10. Kitteh

He had a low protein diet? That doesn't sound right at all. You would lose your muscle.

I'd be interested to hear why he did that :)
  11. Kitteh

Today was my heavy leg day. On my heavy day I do ATG squats.

Started with some stretches and a few warm up sets, followed by 55kg.

Finished my squats with some 45kg. I actually forgot I was recording and sat down :badteeth:

Next up was some front squats at 32.5kg to really hit my quads.

Other exercises done;
    Leg press
    Leg press calf raises
    Curls
    Bulgarian split squats">

Other exercises done;
    Leg press
    Leg press calf raises
    Curls
    Bulgarian split squats" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="760" height="480">
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  12. Kitteh

Today was chest. I didn't feel the need to record any of my chest stuff, but my workout was;

Drop set DB presses
    Drop sets DB incline presses
    Dips
    Cable Flyes
    Incline DB flyes
    Cable presses
  13. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

You might have mentioned it in the other thread, but I'll ask for the sake of the other readers:

1. How old are you?
    2. How long have you been training?
    3. What were your primary stats six months ago?
    4. What are your primary stats today?
    5. What do you want your primary stats to be in six months?

Primary stats being:
    - Bodyweight
    - Body fat percentage
    - Max bench, squat, and deadlift
    - Calorie intake (daily and weekly)

These are fun statistics to have, and allows you to track progress incredibly well. Hope to hear from you soon!
  14. Kitteh

1. 21

2. I've been 'working out' sporadically for maybe 18 months? I did some when I was younger because I played a lot of sport, but there was a huge gap in between which we won't go into :badteeth: I've been 'training' for about 4 months :) When I got out of hospital I was 'around' 100 pounds. I weighed in a few days ago at about 180 I think, I'll check if I posted it.

BW - not sure
    BF% - around 16% if I remember correctly
    Bench - can't remember, very little, same for squat and deadlift.
    Calorie intake - I was pretty much winging it^^

BW - 180ish pounds
    BF% - no idea
    Bench, no idea because I do drop sets. I also use DBs only now. Squat, 55kg for 3x7, and deadlift I did 100kg today as it happens, a new record for me.
    Calorie intake - 3200-3400.

5. N/A
  15. Kitteh

Today was back day;

Started with some deadlifts, 4 sets of 5 at 80kg, followed by a set of 1 at 100kg. I recorded 3 of the sets. I'll be honest, my form isn't great on the 100kg rep :p

Some BO BB rows at 60kg, 3 sets of 10.

T-bar Rows were up next, I love these... 70kg this week. I think I actually missed a couple of reps in my last set :(

16. Kitteh

Walked in to the weights room today, and into the side room. Not pleased.

[​IMG]

Legs today.

First up was some front squats at 35kg;

Next was some calf raises;

Then onto some BSS;

Some other leg exercises, and then finished with some abs. I decided to record a super set I do, I love it!
  17. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

You used to weigh 100 pounds? Getting back up to 170 pounds is a success story in itself. How long ago was that?
  18. Kitteh

No idea to be honest mate - everything from 13/14 till about 19 is a blur. I was very very ill, mentally. I was borderline 'morbidly slim' I guess. I'm planning to one day make a motivational video (based on fitness) for the hospital I was in to encourage patients to get active. Working out is the best medicine I have.
  19. Kitteh

Very quick update today as I'm in a rush for class. I only recorded three exercises; DB flyes, linear jammers and DB presses. I'll try and remember to post what else I did tonight.

20. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

How much time do you put into your workout program and diet, and how tall are you, if I may ask. ;)
    Very good commitment, and well done! Keep going. Impressed. :)