Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Other games you play

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by theGrimm, Dec 10, 2004. | Replies: 31 | Views: 942

1. theGrimm

theGrimm IncGamers Member

OT: Other games you play

I read the forum rules carefully, and can't see anything against asking questions about other games, but if I'm wrong I will happily accept a bribe in exchange for locking this thread.

My question is...what other games do you play besides DII?

Personally, I enjoy games with a high level of replayability which allow you to explore a wide variety of tactics and techniques. BGII, CivIII, Morrowind are three games I also enjoy, and between these 4(DII included) I could probably get by for the rest of my life without buying anything new.

Part of the reason I ask is because I recognize names in this forum from other popular gaming forums (not competing sites, as far as I am aware). Farting_Bob and Bugzy, in particular, though there may be a few others. Uzziah, maybe?

Just curious.

2. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

I play CM4, Cossacks: EW but D2 takes up 99.9% of my free time. :teeth:

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

generally speaking im a RPG/RTS nerd. although occasionally some MP shooter action comes into it.
    at the moment though most of my time goes to d2. although total annihilation and sim city have both trotted out in a rare display this week.
    and of course me and my bro and trying to finish Halo on legendary, then we will try it on the much poorer halo 2

NWN is teh suckzor

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Pinkiller (SP) - better than DOOM 3 IMHO, Good old Heroes of Master and Magic 3 Complete.
    But D2 take 99% of my game time.

5. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Wow this is gonna be a mighty long list:

Halo 2 and the original as well I suppose
    Metal Gear Solid 1,2, and 3
    Need for Speed games
    Half-Life 1 and 2 (when I get it that is :) )
    NCAA Football 2005
    Madden from year 95-05 :p
    Final Fantasy games, mainly 7 and 10 though
    Legend of the Dragoon (great game, why don't they make a sequel :rant: )
    Tenchu games
    Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4

Ok I was gonna list all my games but decided against it because I got sick of thinking about it, but these are the main ones atm. As you can see I play a lot of PS2 games as well as PC. Games I wanna play in the future are Prince of Persia 1 and 2, Devil May Cry 3, and this really cool looking game called God of War (I think that's the name anyways).

Corax: Halo 2 definetly doesn't have as good a story as Halo 1, but the online deathmatch's are just insane. If you wanna play sometime PM me.

6. Defennder

Defennder IncGamers Member

Does anyone play the online game The Reincarnation?

7. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Doom - and with that i do NOT mean that Doom 3 nonsense, i mean the real deal. The old classic from 93, still going strong.

Oh yeah, and then i am slowly trudging my way through the Laxius Power series. Probably the most ambitious RPGmaker2000 project ever done.

8. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

OMG someone else actually has played LotD!? I spent the best 25 or so hours of my life with that game, but it has a funny story included. This goes slightly OT so sorry:

I was propably around the age of 14 or something when i got LotD on PS. I was like "uhm.. wtf is an rpg?" but decided to give it a go. I got totally hooked to the amazing characters, felt truly bad for Lavitz's death, grew along Dart and the rest of the dragoons, then, finally, got up to face the end boss (who'se name i've somehow managed to forget now). I had made a mistake during the gameplay, i only kept Dart (the main character) alive in fights and resurrected him to gain exp if he fell during one. So, in the end, i had a v strong Dart and 2 very weak Dragoons to go up against the boss. The battles took like 2 hours each and every time i ended up losing. Then, i sold all my games to my m8, LotD along them. I still went to his place to try and beat the boss, but always the same outcome; narrow loss. Then once after losing and saying "one more try", my friend who had bought the games calmly opened the playstation's cd drive, took the cd out, and snapped it in half in front of my eyes. i was stunned. i slowly forgot the game but it always haunted in the back of my head, until early this year i noticed in a web auction: Legend of the Dragoon, in original package, not even opened! i ordered it immedeatly, went to my cousin to lend a PS, and waited for the game to arrive. Being unlucky too excited me, i didnt check if it was PAL or UTSC version of the game, so ofc it was the american one. the game was black and white :surprise: I didnt mind, i played a black and white game and enjoyed it, boy i did enjoy it. I did my character development better, finished the boss on the first try, and got the ghosts out of my head . :xgift:

9. Davemetalhead

Davemetalhead IncGamers Member

On the PC it's D2 only at the mo. Love GTA 3 and Vice City tho, can't wait for San Andreas for the PC. I have it on the PS2, but I'm sooo bad with the controller that I can't get even get past the 4th mission :xrollseye

10. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member

My main other game is Call of Duty. It is a tough and so realisitic WWII game.

www.callofduty.com

11. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Let's see, now. Currently playing FarCry and waiting for X2: The Return (expansion pack for X2: The Threat, due out next year). Many, many other games installed which I played for a while and then just seemed to stop; in fact, the only games I've actually finished in the last year (other than D2) are Half-Life 2, X2, and Thief 3: Deadly Shadows! I would normally play one game exclusively until I finish it, so this is a fairly unusual situation for me...

12. Fraz

Fraz IncGamers Member

I just seem to be bouncing between Diablo and GTA:San Andreas just now. Although the pile of games I've got on my 'must finish one of these days' pile is slowly growing larger and larger. :xrollseye

13. borgy_t

borgy_t IncGamers Member

need for speed underground 1 & 2 =)

14. GregTheGreat

GregTheGreat IncGamers Member

I'll play anything with the words "Final Fantasy" or "Mario" in it, I'm a huuuuuge fan of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and the orginal Paper Mario for the good old N64.

I was addicted to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for a good 4 months but now I only play it once a week, that kind of thing.

15. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

The last game I bought besides a replacement CD of LOD (my son scratched it) was Madden 2003. I played it for a bit but hated the carrer mode and havn'e played it since. I wish I had the time to play more, but then again, I would probably only play more D2.

16. Rey

Rey IncGamers Member

Just got Madden NFL 2005... and it has stolen all my attention for the last few days.

17. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager (from the creator of the original EHM, released by the same company behind football & championship manager games)
    Delta Force - Black Hawk Down & Team Sabre
    Baldur's Gate II
    Sid Meyer's Pirates!
    Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Jagged Alliance 2

If I'm really bored then NHL2005

18. Nightfire05

Nightfire05 IncGamers Member

I like a lot of different things, RPGs and RTS games are my favorites though. If I had to write a list, here are the ones I play a lot now.

Final Fantasy 8/10/X-2
    Super Smash Brothers Melee
    Starcraft: Brood War
    Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
    Unreal Tournament
    Half-Life: Counter-Strike

And I plan on getting Counter-Strike: Condition Zero for Christmas, so, I'm probably gonna be busy playing that for a while. :xsmile4:

19. DelcorTheHero

DelcorTheHero IncGamers Member

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 4.
    An online game called Infantry.

20. Vemp

Vemp IncGamers Member

I'm currently playing Half-ATIcoupon-Life 2 on my pc. No other games installed besides this one and obviously DII.

But I'm also a console player, and I'm currently re-playing through Zelda Wind Waker on my Cube :)