Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

OT: Citroen Dispatch question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Sep 18, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 948

1. Thyiad

Thyiad D2 Assassin, Barbarian<br>& Single Player & SP Tra

Odd question but I have a 2002 Citroen Dispatch (it's a wheelchair accessible vehicle for my uncle). The windows on the rear seats (behind the driver) have circular holes in about 1" diameter. I understand that a rear window moulding button is supposed to go in there. I have them. But I cannot for the life of me work out how. Can anyone help please?

I've tried Googling to no avail. Cheers.
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If I just knew what a window moulding button is :scratchhead:
  3. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

Post some pictures?
  4. Thyiad

This is it. Basically a button that goes in the window. It's hard plastic. (Stupid name, it's what Citroen call them.)
    [​IMG]

This is where it goes:
    [​IMG]
  5. Thyiad

This is what it looks like with the button depressed:
    [​IMG]
  6. EmperorMoo

EmperorMoo IncGamers Member

Are you sure it's complete? It looks to me as though it should attach with them with the circular part on the external side of the window. If this is the case, then should there be an interior bit to the circular part.

Maybe it disassembles further?

Also, it may be worth popping in to your local Citroen dealer if you have the time.
  7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Preferably the one where your uncle paid extra money for a wheelchair version ;).

You certainly don't have to squeeze a metal piece through a glass hole, the mere thought is uncomfortable. As EmperorMoo wrote, it's probably two parts being screwed together, perhaps very tightly, so you can't see it well. Once you know what to do, the whole is either as simple as screwing in a lightbulb or you need s special $50 tool to do it.
  8. Thyiad

It's not a new car, krischan and I bought it. :)

My uncle bought one and insured, my sister drives it because she is nearer to him and the idea was if he just wanted to pop out it meant I didn't have to come 50 miles by which time it'd probably be raining. Unfortunately everytime he has to go somewhere she's too busy. On Monday, my boyfriend loaned her his car while I took that one with my uncle for his scan.

I asked her where she'd be to swap and she wasn't there so rather than sit in a car for an indeterminate amount of time, we went for dinner and said pop it by the restaurant when she had time. She stropped in and tried to cause a scene, then refused to return my boyfriends car. This resulted in a call to the police to get her to return it. Since then we've asked her if she wants to swap cars; I'll take the wheelchair one and she could have the other one but she hasn't bothered to reply. Because I can't get the wheelchair car he bought and paid - and insured - from her (it's in her name), I had to buy another one this week. My uncle offered to pay for it but I refused; it's not his fault that my sister is an utter <redacted>.
    Family asshatery aside, it's a runaround; it won't get used much for days out now (it's September and it's Britain) just hospital stuff which I hope will be not much. :) But I'd rather he didn't freeze where the little hole is.

I've got a guy coming up tonight regards the car to replace the one my sister wouldn't return. I'm going to sell it (it was hers and the agreement was it'd go back to her rather than be sold but as she can't be bothered to reply, she can go swizzle) so we won't have this BS again and my boyfriend will have his original car - which was a gift from the same uncle.

Ignoring the stress of a prostate cancer scan, she cost me a grand I don't have this week.

And returning somewhere to the original topic ... thanks for all the suggestions. I felt stupid having to ask a mechanic how to fit a bit of plastic. If the mechanic can't sort it tonight, I'll swing by a Citroen garage tomorrow.

Thanks all.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  9. EmperorMoo

EmperorMoo IncGamers Member

I wouldn't worry about that. People have different skill areas. I work in IT/Tech/lab support for healthcare workers. You wouldn't ask them to fix a piece of research kit, and if you were ill you wouldn't ask me to make you better.