Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Asking a girl to the movies

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 54 | Views: 3950

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

OT: Asking a girl to the movies

So, I'm planning to ask a very pretty young lady out who works in the shop at college. I was thinking a movie, and then a drink afterwards. The problem is, I'm not very confident in myself much, and I think she's way out of my league. I'm going to give it a go anyway though. So, how do I ask a girl to the movies? Come on men of experience. Gieb your advice unto my unworthy soul :loving:
  2. shintyguy

shintyguy IncGamers Member

Re: OT: Asking a girl to the movies

Just do it. be yourself and have a chat with her without chatting her up. then just ask her.
  3. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Do you have her number or facebookor anything? have you spoke to her before? I wouldnt straight ask someone on a date straight away personally, get chatting about stuff first so that you can know a lil about them first then you have a basis for conversation :) im only 19 so im no romeo but thats what ive done before and its worked out for me , keep us up to date Mr Kitteh :thumbsup:
  4. queenEm

queenEm IncGamers Site Pal

Does advice from a pretty (not so ) young lady count as well? Since I am myself not so confident in myself I have always been extremely awkward when ever asked out or when someone has shown an interest. So what works best is that you cut the crap, don't try to talk too much and somehow ease into it, she will know your intentions directly anyway; just go up to her. Say Hi there. Not sure if you know my name; I am Kitteh and I was just wondering if you would like to go see a movie or something with me?

(and don't mention your nipples... :crazyeyes:)
  5. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I've spoken to her a bit, but not much. I only see her once a week. I don't know, maybe leave it a little longer? She caught my eye and smiled at me today, that's good right?

You're very pretty Em, I've seen a picture!
    My nipples are awesome. Well, they're actually pecks :loving:
  6. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I'm married for 19 years, so my advice will be very dated, but I have to agree with just being casual and direct - maybe open up by asking her if she's seen some movie you've recently watched, and working that into any movies out that she wants to see, then making that into an invitation to see it with you.

My advice - worth what you paid for it.
  7. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Its all good stuff, I would say leave it a lil longer but if your confidence is enough to just go for it then go for it :) since she works at the shopin college maybe engage in a bit of conversation whenever you can, it should be easy (i'm assuming she works on a till or something?). But as always, growing up in an internet environment, use the internet, it is your friend :thumbsup: facebook, msn, myspace, twitter its all good stuff to get to know someone a lil more before you meet them

8. hucca

hucca IncGamers Member

"Hi, how is it going?" best start hands down.

If shes talking to you without pity after 5 mins and the conversation goes alright, go for asking her out. Just-ask-it. :thumbup:

Kitteh: yes, its a good sign.
  9. Codoh

Codoh IncGamers Member

The best thing u can do is to directly go at it and get over with it. No point contemplating on it, if she smiled at you and gave you the green light, go for it. If you like her in that sense, let her know, and see where the thing goes. If you don't get the expected feedback, suck it up and move on, plenty pretty girls out there.
  10. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

I say go for it now. Pretty single girls don't often stay so for long. And the movies is a good easy first date. Just make sure you pick something appropriate - or ask her to choose.
  11. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Yes, what he says. Go ask her now before she turns ugly. ... What? :badteeth:

12. Verno

Verno IncGamers Member

Let's find out what you have riding on this.

1. What kind of shop is it where she works?
    2. Is this shop an integral part of your everyday life?
    3. Will you be able to go back to this shop if she turns you down?
    4. How bad will your ego be bruised if she says no?

If you answer...
    1. Latte stand
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Not at all.
    then you should definitely ask this girl out. A pretty girl who is earning her way through life is a good thing.

Warning!!!
    I think the movie theater is a very bad place for a first date. It is dark and no talking can occur. First move is either dinner or drinks or hopefully both. It sucks sitting next to someone on a date in dark movie theater thinking about what you should ask them and not being able to ask them anything. Movie theaters are great places for people who have been married for 10 years and have nothing left to say to each other. :)
  13. shintyguy

shintyguy IncGamers Member

There is some truth to that. I asked my now wife to go ice skating on our first date, neither of us could so was hilarous......

14. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Verno is partly right, but the movies have the advantage of keeping you from doing quite so much...talking. What I meanis that it takes the talking out of it and also gives you something to break the ice with, said icebreaker being the movie you both just watched. I would say dinner before movie, or movie then dinner, but definitely do both. And it need not be somewhere fancy, she knows you are a student, she knows you don't have a giant vault of gold coins to swim around in. Hell, some of my best dates just involved fast food and hanging out in the car chatting.

Most of all, don't do the Pancake. The Pancake is where you meet the girl, ask her out two years later, and get dumped within three months. That never works out well.
  15. Ohomemgrande

Ohomemgrande IncGamers Member

I endorse the preceding. Do something where you can have a conversation.

Or play Twister like I did on the first "outing" with my wife.

16. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

I have to agree with Verno and Ohomemgrande. Movie theatre is a bad idea for a first date. Hit dinner, maybe a drink with dinner or shortly after. (That doesn't mean getting hammered as you try to steady your nerves.) After drinks take her home and be done with the first date. The ice will be broken, and you can start having fun from there on out.

(No talking during a movie, means the second date will be nothing but getting to know each other... who the hell wants two first dates?)
  17. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

^ that makes perfect sense. I'm a bit unusual (from what I hear people do, at least) in that when I met people I liked I mostly just hung out with them to get to know them. Never a movie date, unless we were already dating or something. Going out for drinks sounds like a good idea, or if you have no better ideas jsut go out for a nice walk! That's about all I can think of.
  18. Kaerion

Kaerion IncGamers Member

I belong to the camp that believes that a first date movie is an excellent idea. You lose the nerves and you have an immediate ice breaker.
    Although I generally agree with the comments about there being nothing to lose, I will just like to add that you are in the best position to judge how far out of your league she is. There is no point bringing a world of pain on really bad odds.
    With that said, I am dating a girl way out of my league (3 1/2 years now), but I met her at a place where we were both temps so I did have an advantage in the sense that she wasn't a complete stranger.
    Good luck if you intend to go through with it!
  19. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Girls?!?! Eewwwwww!
  20. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

Might have been mentioned, but don't ask her to a movie. Movies are not good first dates. Ask her to go get a drink.