Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Opinions of this build?

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by Horcsog, Mar 25, 2012. | Replies: 12 | Views: 1081

1. Horcsog

Horcsog IncGamers Member

Opinions of this build?

I got into beta finally and my views have changed regarding how a WD has to save and balance his mana.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acYdiT!ebd!YYaYca

What do you think about this build?

Primary ability would be the runed Hungry Bats, it will be awesome against single targets, but mostly I will keep AOE-ing with my Corpse Bomb, and when I run out of mana I spam some Poison Darts till I have mana again for the better damaging spells.

Fetish Sycophants will spawn from time to time as I will be using 3 Physical Realm spells.

It's kind of a laid back style build, I can stay behind, if things go bad, I will just run away :p don't think I will have to spend too much gold on repairing.

With this build I can focus on building up some extra intellect and mana for bigger damage.
  2. Soval

Soval IncGamers Member

Re: Opinions of this build?

Looks good.
  3. Horcsog

Horcsog IncGamers Member

The words, laid back style got your attention, right my Californian friend? :p
  4. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Dogs and Gargantuans look like some of the best forms of CC the Witch Doctor has.

However, they're not a panic button, like Horrify and Spirit Walk.

What do you do when you ALREADY have Dogs/Gargantauns out and there are STILL some monsters who are focusing you and not your pets? You can't outrun everything, and as you may have seen from the beta, certain Nightmarish monsters move FRICKIN FAST :p.

For this reason, I recommend you take at LEAST Spirit Walk. Horrify doesn't work on certain monsters, so I feel that Spirit Walk is the more reliable panic button (and you'll want reliability since it's the only escape you have if certain high-damaging monsters bypass your pets to focus you :p).
  5. pcguy

pcguy IncGamers Member

z00t, remember that your link to the spirit realm will end if you cast any spell or your physical body sustains 50% of your maximum Life in damage. Spirit Walk has weaknesses as well.
  6. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Yeah I haven't forgotten, but it's still better :p.

First up, when used as a panic button, you're not going to be wasting time casting spells because you want to use every moment of those 2 seconds to put distance between you and the badguys.

Secondly, even if you DO get your trip cut short, at least you got SOMETHING out of it, compared to Horrify which straight-up does NOTHING against certain monsters and bosses, if Leoric is any indication. Even 50% of Spirit Walk is better than 0% of Horrify :S.

Ideally though, you'd just take both, but if you could only pick one, I'd pick Spirit Walk for these reasons. :]

7. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

I seriously hope that taking 50% of your maximum Life in damage in the 2 secs this skill lasts is pretty damn rare.

8. Horcsog

Horcsog IncGamers Member

Or I could use this instead the Fetish one, http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/passive/spirit-vessel Won't let me die once every 90 secs.

But maybe I will just replace Soul Harvest with Spirit Walk at later levels, if I want to Soul Harvest I need to get very close to mobs which could be lethal in Hell and Inferno difficulty, so dropping that later on also seems a wise option.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  9. Bulkers

Bulkers IncGamers Member

I dont like this build, theres very little crowd control, no stuns, no slows, no heals or escape skills. I predict any elite/champion pack at Inferno with teleport/vortex will kill this WD in a matter of seconds since they will focus down character not your pets. 3 damage skills single/semi-aoe/aoe its imo a waste of skill slots. I would remove bats with grasp of death fo some slows or mass hysteria for stuns and confusion effects. I would also try to get some healing or Spirit walk here...

My opionion might be very wrong, we dont know how the game will look like, so my opinion is not based on any facts. Its stricktly theoretical.
  10. itstheMZez

itstheMZez IncGamers Member

meh, i think you got your damage skills the other way round. id rather run a spammable aoe nuke and high cost boss nuke

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WgYjXT!ZWU!cYaabZ

more defensive skills, and the build should be spamming spirit barrage as 4 skills will constantly be on cd for 300% mana regen as well as a costless aoe nuke
  11. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Acid cloud and firebat's role (aoe dps) is redundant; you can certainly change one of them.
  12. Horcsog

Horcsog IncGamers Member

Ye but I made Vampire Bats out of the aoe Firebats, so that's not an aoe damage anymore, rather a very imba single dps spell.
  13. Horcsog

Horcsog IncGamers Member

Btw I updated it a bit, http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acYdiT!Xbd!aYaYca since I will mostly be playing with my Barb friend I can stay back and do a hell of a damage from behind conveniently. Although I think this build is very good for soloing aswell. I am even thinking about replacing Soul Harvest with something else later on so I won't ever have to get close to monsters.