Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

One last patch please Blizzard!!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Twibz, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 19 | Views: 1184

1. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

One last patch please Blizzard!!!

With D3 not very far away I think Blizzard should give us one final patch to get out teeth into, any ideas anyone?

Ive thought of one; enable Uber Tristram to be opened within Single Player, this would give that extra little challenge before D3 is out.

Anyone else got any other last ditch patch ideas for Blizzard?
  2. shintyguy

shintyguy IncGamers Member

Re: One last patch please Blizzard!!!

gieb inferno level on d2. that might give some of the real nuts (you know who you are) a bigger challenge.
  3. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

They won't do it. They are focusing entirely on online stuff. For D3, you even have to be online to play single player!
  4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

They'er not nice enough to give us access to all the coolest things. So maybe if they just increased high rune drop rate by another 40x that would be cool (jk, I know this is actually pretty lame).
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Would be nice, but I really doubt it. I expect that 1.13d is the last content change we will see for D2.
  6. The Lord of Darkness

The Lord of Darkness IncGamers Member

Yeah, I kind of doubt they do it. They should unlock online runewords at least (not that it already isn't a viable option). Make it official and open the flood gates. I would like to see Uber Tristram unlocked but that might be more trouble than it is worth balance wise.
  7. Codoh

Codoh IncGamers Member

I wouldnt mind ubers...but meh...blizzard is blizzard, they get no revenue from fixing things, like the serpent lizard things at nihlathak with their poison attack droping my mercs in a shot. But yeah, ubers would be fun, im still tempted to activate *a non approved mod* and give them a try, but it wouldnt be the same thing, without the summons and ****.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  8. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Ah, in case I needed more reasons not to buy it.

9. spearv

spearv IncGamers Member

The Diablo franchise will get a load of attention when D3 launches. A meaty D2 patch after a few months might encourage people who never played it to spend a few bucks on the game just to give it a try. It could make some business sense?

--

It really isn't the same thing.

--

I think there a load of quality of life changes that could be made to D2 that I'd welcome with one-last-patch, like...

Enable everything in single player.
    Fix gloam/tomb viper damage bug.
    A modifiable text file for how loot displays (for instance, if I find a cracked sash, it won't display when I hit alt. This would be great for LK chests, or horking up Trav)
    Revert the Blessed Hammer change (and maybe rebalance a few other utterly useless / awful skills).

A bit more controvertial, I feel, is that I'd LOVE it if we got a couple more lvl 85 areas, perhaps that single element characters could clear. It is a little sad that cold sorcs are just about the only elemental based characters that can waltz through a level 85 area.

10. pharphis

^ I was trying to find info around about hiding items of a certain type as well. Even if it were only gold piles or potions or something.
  11. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Blizzard could be Good Guy Greg and just think "Poor folks with bad internet, let's gieb them all the D2 since they can't touch D3"
  12. pharphis

^I've never accessed an internet before. Ever. So I totally agree.
  13. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

add even a new 'uber' level, even tougher than the last that will out and out 'need' a team to win it, i feel on bnet UT is still easy to do with mediocre gear
  14. darkstarhub

darkstarhub IncGamers Member

I don't know why, but I would love to use a pair of Mermans sprocket boots. I wish they would make a patch to make them able to drop as well as the Constricting ring. From what I can gather from the wiki, neither of them have ever been able to drop. I think having 65% FRW on a sorc late game would be nice, as well as CBF, and added defense against missiles. And the constricting ring, hell yeah, 100% MF and all that resistance to all! Most people would say they are OP and that's why they never made them droppable. Fine, I will agree somewhat. But give damn near anybody a Frenzy barb wielding dual Griefs and tell me that's not fun destroying everything in site.

I would like to have a crack at doing the ubers as well. I want to try them solo on P8 with my Frenzy barb so something might challenge him and me for that matter. I have never played on the realms, so I will never get a chance at them otherwise. I still get that good feeling from time to time playing D2 that reminds me of being young. The computer I got from Gateway just to play D2 when it came out was the first item I ever bought and made payments on. This game kinda got me out of the gutter this time around, so I have to thank the game and this forum for that.
  15. ziambe

ziambe IncGamers Member

Just my two cents...but remember when we were waiting for 1.12 and 1.13? We were told that a 'Legacy Team' was responsible for Everything that wasn't SC2, WOW or in development - D3 and unnannounced projects.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. -600 employees. 'Legacy Team' sounds like the perfect department to downsize. Kiss your D2 patches goodbye =(
  16. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Since D3 is close to launch, they most likely will not make another patch. Blizzard will spend its resources getting D3 up and running for us to play. It would be nice if the Ubers were unlocked but I understand that the Ubers are on the server side only. That means that this would be the hardest update to enable on Single Player. I'd settle for the other bugs getting fixed like the Gloam damage bug or the FCR bug that happens when a necro wears full Trang Oul's. Both of those are so annoying to me.
  17. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I have to agree with the practical conclusion of "Ain't gonna happen". Yeah, the things mentioned here would be nice, but it's simply not in Blizz's nature to do anything for the SP community these days, and Blizz is certainly not going to be adding any content at this time. The best we could hope for is fixing some of the bugs, but many of those have been part of the game since forever and there's no uproar to fix them.
  18. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Member

There would be if there was any indication that it would have any effect. We learned long ago that this was a fruitless endeavour.

19. iamnotdeadyet

iamnotdeadyet IncGamers Member

I don't really think they're going to produce a new patch for Diablo II. I seem to remember that Bashiok stated there was going to be a new patch after 1.13, with new endgame content, something that has never happened, though. Shame, I was really expecting it, but now, as time drags closer to the release date, it is even more unlikely.
  20. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

I'd be happy with a Mac Intel installer.