Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oh yeah! Ladder reset announced!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Archone, May 1, 2013. | Replies: 30 | Views: 2377

1. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27855845306&sid=3000

It’s that time again! On the morning of Tuesday, May 14, we’ll be conducting maintenance in order to reset the Diablo II ladder. We anticipate the realms could be down for up to six hours, and during that time all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as creating ladder-only rune words.

This ladder reset, like all those before it, creates a clean slate where all ladder characters begin at level 1 with no previous items to help them. To participate, simply wait until the Diablo II realms return to service on May, log in to Battle.net, and tick the “Ladder Character” checkbox when creating a new character. You can track ladder character leveling progress by clicking on the Ladder button from the main Diablo II in-game Battle.net interface.

For more information on ladder characters please visit the Arreat Summit at http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml

[ Post edited by Vaeflare ]
  2. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

WOO-- W8 it's May 14th?! What is this ****? It was supposed to be on the 6th... Oh well. Blizzard and consistency never did mix well. I'll need to shuffle some things around, but I guess I can make room for some play before my trip. Five days to a week or so.

Is there a thread on some forum for Etf people? For forming groups I mean. Or does everyone just gather on the channel these days and go from there? One thing's for sure: I'll never use those fancy talk programs that are all the rage in D3 multiplayer (yet another reason to abandon that game). I come to the Internet to get away from vocal communication; for me these things are the opposite of improvement. Besides, I hate how the average nerd sounds on the intercom (myself included, naturally). :D
  3. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Wait what!
    I Might have to start actually playing if I can find time.
    :D
    Crap an on topic post.
    I don't really have time .
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'm quoting this so you can't edit it out later on and say it never happened.
  5. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Hm, ladder reset on 14th (usually in the afternoon of blizzard time), means it'll reset in the morning of the 15th in Belgium (around 1o'clock in the night)

I'll see if Kevin (baby) is hungry, a quick feed, and then gonna try to squeeze an hour or 2 of Diablo time ^^
  6. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

This May reset is always in the busiest period in the year here. One week earlier would have hit some National Holidays. Will have to catchup somehow:scratchchin:
  7. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

@Dawnmaster, Has the baby arrived?!?

And yeah, I did take a vacation-day the 10th of May, to be able to play D2! And the 9th is a national holiday. (4day weekend, hell yeah!)

My boss was kind enough (today) to give me 3 days additional vacation, on such short notice. So Ill be able to play the first 3 days of the ladder! ;)

Peace and love
  8. fudoshin

fudoshin IncGamers Member

And yeah, I did take a vacation-day the 10th of May, to be able to play D2! And the 9th is a national holiday. (4day weekend, hell yeah!)

My boss was kind enough (today) to give me 3 days additional vacation, on such short notice. So Ill be able to play the first 3 days of the ladder! ;)

uff, so i know now what's diablo obsession! vacation because of ladder reset! :whistling: but i have to say that i appriciate when people are able to sacrifice anything to their hobbies :worship:
  9. Dawnmaster

Yup, check out the OT thread about my "mansion" for pics and news :jig:

I received news that my gf is going out on May 15 (dinner with work) leaving me alone at home with Kevin, so if he sleeps well, I can probably squeeze in a few more hours of good old D2 time :thumbsup:
  10. kestegs

That really brings back the memories of when my boy was born. I would always try to squeeze in some D2 if he was being good :)
  11. echodrome

echodrome IncGamers Member

That is great news! But I wonder if people are still playing? Last time I logged into the game (around December I believe) there was virtually nobody in the trade channels (US East) other than bots. Are people hanging and doing trades in other channels?
  12. kestegs

Us east server is jacked. Most people who play are on EU or West.
  13. echodrome

echodrome IncGamers Member

Oh cool, US West it is then! :)
  14. juju

juju IncGamers Member

Well lets see if im going to start it again :whistling: my work starts 17.00 after reset so... :jig: Maybe i will start again week after ladder reser. Dont know yet optgkdfgö-fdklö
  15. Dawnmaster

@Archon

At what time does the reset, well, reset where you live?

Iirc I'm at GMT+2 (summertime) while wintertime is GMT+1 (hope this is correct?)
  16. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I think CET = GMT +2 (summertime) ???

Then its surely about 12ish or as late as 3ish in the morning on wednesday.
  17. Dawnmaster

Okay, just checking, cause if it's in the middle of the night, I might be able to convince the misses to play the start for a few hours :thumbsup:
  18. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Wow! How do you do that?

I mean, my own gf could probably do it.. But she wouldnt! If you know what I mean! xD
  19. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

I was thinking last night if there would be a reset soon..

my prayers are heard!

diablo 3 sucks monkeyballs! :)
  20. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Coming back to etf mate? :)