Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Official D3 American Trading Off Topic Thread.

Discussion in 'Americas Trading' started by spiffymcbang, May 16, 2012. | Replies: 46 | Views: 5289

1. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

You know the rules.

Rules:
    No Spamming
    No Flaming
    No Trading

GO!
  2. spiffymcbang

gahhh, my copy of D3 is still stuck with Fed Ex in West Virginia. What was I thinking!
  3. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Hello World
  4. spiffymcbang

5. Punkonjunk

Punkonjunk IncGamers Member

I don't want to make a thread for this, at all, but ON TOPIC, can we get a rule to not make "placeholder" threads? That pisses me off.
  6. MartinLong

MartinLong IncGamers Member

Why? There are (were) only 2 and that was until the users figured out how they would set it all up. The aren't (weren't) cluttering the empty subsection.

7. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

yaaay. Hi =D
  8. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

Hello folks. Back playing Diablo. Hope everyone is well. Looking forward to some trading once I level a little more.
  9. spiffymcbang

10. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

Gotta be on the first page :D
  11. Zaine

Zaine IncGamers Member

What's new OT thread? :D
  12. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

Questions to all regarding trade forum

Hiya folks,
    I'm a long time member of these forums and am trying to ascertain whether or not these forums are a viable outlet for my present and future Diablo 3 loot. My main character is level 54 presently and I hope to get to level 60 sometime next week. I use the in-game auction house but am limited in the number of items I can sell at a given time. Using this forum as an additional outlet would allow me to post more items at once and in item packs if I so choose. I have the additional support of the trade value forum. It will also allow me to barter which I cannot in-game. With all of the benefits in mind, I have a few questions I'd like to ask before I get to work posting:

1. I see a bunch of people improperly posting that the items will be sold here only. Poor spiffy is working his heart out trying to moderate all of the posts of people asking for cash and trading elsewhere. Are there any other long time members like myself who are interested in using these forums as outline above and are willing to follow the rules stated in the stickies? Heck even if you are a newer member but agree to follow the rules, please respond.

2. Is there any interest in trading leveling gear or should we stick to level 60 loot? I have 2 full tabs and 4 mules full of decent leveling rares and magical items that I'd love to offer up if there is interest. I can't be the only addicted slob with multiple toons here....LOL

3. Is there a market here for gems and other craftables? It makes no sense to combine gems as they are so cheap in the AH. That said, is anyone interested in buying leveling gems in bulk? We could trade multiple gems here below market price without the AH hastle of listing and waiting. Celtie (my wife) will be happy as she has several stacks of gems gathering dust in her stash. I don't give her all the RL gems she deserves but am making up for it in the virtual world....LOL

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post and reply.

Regards
    safetypro
  13. wutevaplaya

wutevaplaya IncGamers Member

Re: Questions to all regarding trade forum

1. I am definitely interested in trading on this forum and Hope that it is a viable option on top of the ah. I had a thread going before I went on vacation that was getting decent attention and plan to repost it when I get home. I also think that you probably won't get quite as much value here for an item as you could get on the ah as there is just simply more exposure there.

2. I think that this sight will most likely be used to trade for lower costing lvl 60-63 items and good stat 55-59 items with the best items being sold on the ah. As for lvling items, I think they will be bought on the ah as they are pretty cheap on there.

3. Can't answer this one as I have no idea.
  14. spiffymcbang

Re: Questions to all regarding trade forum

I plan to trade here. However I just reached level 60 so I could not trade for any godly 30 million gold items. Actually I still can't. not enought gold. However I hope that people will list items other than perfect items, more in the decent catagory. 50k to 500k would suite me just fine.

however this is not a trade thread so I will merge this with the OT thread.
  15. Capt Goodman

Capt Goodman IncGamers Member

Spiffy, what class are you playing? I don't use up auction slots for any sales less than 1m, and usually trash stuff less than 500k. I can hold some stuff if you let me know what you're looking for.
  16. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

17. spiffymcbang

Capt,
    I am playing a monk.
    My dps os 11k and life is around 24 k in the process of finishing up Hell act 3 and 4

my res are around 200 and I think my plan is to stack cold res. to use with One with everything.
    I have almost No mf and gf.
    I will pm you my battletag if you want to meet up to inspect. feel free to pm me yours.
    Thanks

18. Capt Goodman

You're lucky then, you can have some of my hand me downs. I'm stacking cold res, and have some nice stuff that I've been cycling out. PM with BT sent.
  19. Omelet

Omelet IncGamers Member

Although I'm on the forums pretty much everyday, I'm finding it hard to determine what exactly I would like to use this trading forum for. If you are looking for a specific piece of gear, searching the AH is often the way to go since there are just so many more people using it and you have the ability to look very specific stats.

I applaud those who are willing to take screenshots and post the information in threads here, but I find that it's very rare that I'm actually interesting in a specific item. I guess I could try to get some bargains in order to resell, but I'm not looking on making a profit off the backs of members of these forums.

Most likely I will use the forums for a specific ISO... trying to obtain an item that isn't commonly available at the AH (this could be more common with PVP) or something that is very high value.

I'm not sure the forum has quite found it's happy place yet, but hopefully it will continue to get better in the future. I agree with the comment that spiffy has been hard at work policing the influx of newcomers who don't care to review the rules beforehand.
  20. Capt Goodman

Omelet, from what I've seen, some people post some pretty good items on here, and I assume they go through the extra effort to avoid losing that 15% Blizzard takes on their sales. It adds up pretty quickly when you're making high value sales.