Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Official CDS Thread: Discuss here

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Aug 23, 2004. | Replies: 127 | Views: 3608

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Official CDS Thread: Discuss here

Alright, this thread is dedicated to an idea I had while lurkin' and waitin' for a Realm Down to go away.

The time is nigh to destroy Softcore play - specifically Baal runs. :clap: These people get all the attention from Blizzard and letter writing campaigns are just not going to work. The only way you are ever going to eliminate TPPK methods is to get Blizzard to listen to these people.

Why are we doing this? Because we will not be ignored! That's why!

We need a name. I came up with CDS, which is the Coalition to Destroy Softcore. Sounds very much like a PAC, so any other ideas are great.

Try to do it without use of hacks, we can discuss methods here.

The idea is very simple: Join Baal runs (any difficulty), and PK them using TPPK methods - preferably the ones that will annoy the most party members at the same time. Then you should attempt to pick up and steal all gold and camp their bodies. Ideally, you want to get them all killed by monsters so that they lose 10% experience, and then corpse guard preventing them from reclaiming 5% of their xp. Further, you want to steal all gold if possible.

You should always mention to them to REPORT YOUR ACTIVITY TO BLIZZARD. Performing these two activities at the same time and consistently will seriously piss them off because they are all about their XP and their gold.

You should try to target the highest levels you can if you are using Bone Necros. Blizzard sorcs can waste entire parties.

It should be a simple process, these people build the poorest builds you can think of. They have little life, barely positive resistances.

If you need gear, we can discuss that in channel. I have a high level that can gamble +2 skill and +3 tree ammies and circlets. Best way to go actually. I also have an Enchantress so we can level them all very very fast. Also, since we are all Hardcore normally, we should communicate on gears needed for various builds.

Oh yeah, the way we keep score? Gold. If you need it gambled just let me know, my character can gamble it for you unless you want to invest the time hitting 89 or 90 to get a shot at decent ammies.

All are welcome, and Softcore players that are sympathetic to our cause may join. Keep in mind this is not a "free gear" clan, we're build characters good enough to kill en mass, not get rich.

You can expect a ton of laughs and lots of fun. Make em squirm! With any luck we will get all the most devastating of TPPK attacks removed from the game.
  2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

.....and they say that hardcore people have an elitist attitude
  3. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

I would like to join... something to do when there are no baal runs and I get tired of mfing. I think my weapon of choice would be a bowazon, as they are very fun but hard to have fun with for very long as a pvm character due to their lack of efficiency. However, I might go with an ice blast/blizzard sorceress since SC players often choose PDR over resists.
  4. Rekk_Dalton

Rekk_Dalton IncGamers Member

i'll think about it, which would be better, blizzard or meteor? (easier to get more meteors spread out on screen but blizz = PWNZOR damage)
  5. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

Conner, you are nuts :D
  6. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

Can't tppk with meteor.
  7. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

Im in, but what are channel names/good channel bots/realms/ladder or non ladder??

Oh, and im making a BS nec btw. I need to find me some marrowalks ;P
  8. selone_orc

selone_orc IncGamers Member

Hirm, you going to do this ladder, yeah?
    I'd be Europe and I know most of you guys are Eastie Bunny's
    I will however do an East char if you enchant me, as otherwise it would take me funkin' ages to level a Bone necro on my own having to find equip all over again.
  9. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

I might join up, I feel like trying a blizz sorc before I spend my time and experiment with one as a mid level pk for HC baals
  10. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

Sounds fun, I might be in. What realm?
  11. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I'm going to avoid posting anything relavent here, but rest assured conner has my support.
  12. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Hrm, I'd do this but i doubt im fast enough to manual tppk. Any other type of pk i could do?
  13. Frostburns

Frostburns IncGamers Member

I'd rather not tppk, even manually. Legit pking I have no objection to. (By the way I've ran tests. They will stay right there, despite the fact that a lvl 87 zon is hostile to them. The pk zon effectively took his sweet time getting to throne. Once he got there, he killed em all. They had, oh, FORTY-FIVE SECONDS to get out of the way. Since it's not like they'll try to avoid it, and if they did it will still be disruptive to the baal run, I don't think tppk is even necessary.
  14. selone_orc

selone_orc IncGamers Member

Whilst I applaud your morals, you are missing the point, I think. The point of tppk'ing in SC is to get the word out about TPPK'ing amongst the general mass of people (who predominately play SC) that is BNet.
    I wouldn't ever kill an innocent in HC, but in SC to make a point, I step into my own grey area. The ends do justify the means for me on this occasion.
  15. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

One build that should do good tppking in sc is trapper. Gogo Shockweb vs ppl with bad light resist and low life.
  16. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

dammit Beth, i was reading the whoooole thread to see if anyone had suggested it, the very last post you say a shockwebber ;) Yeah, an assassin built for that with all +trap gear should do very well, because they generally wont have much light resist, if you cant kill the melee characters, go for the casters, they will surely die.

Casey, I bet you could tppk with most anything (casey and I fool around with manual tppks in the blood moor when we have chars we want killed off, or just with 2 high levels to make sure nobody dies, and he is pretty fast at it, hit me dead on with a THROWING SPEAR once, and nobody say OMG HE HAXXOR, casey doesnt use any kind of scripts or autoaims or anything, it was just good aim and a fast click)

-Matt
  17. Frostburns

Frostburns IncGamers Member

Hmmm now that you mention it seeing people die to a shock web is so funny I got to try it.

EDIT: Do we get a channel for organizing this resistance?
  18. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

I want in. I'll play anything really, though bs necro would be ironic considering how much I hate them in HC, so yeah. BS necro. PM me the details if this gets started please, as I'll be on and off the forums at work and hardly get on here at home.
  19. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

youre a bunch of fools. Conner, I personally think this is one of the WORST ideas you've had, and I'll ask Zappa to close down this thread. This is total and utter ********.
  20. JJ55x

JJ55x IncGamers Member

Woo! Count me in! I'll try it with a Fireball sorc~ I've seen that the splash damage can get two or three people at once, the way they stand together during Baal runs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.