Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

offensive hammers

Discussion in 'PvP' started by cloakshape66, Apr 27, 2004. | Replies: 19 | Views: 1824

1. cloakshape66

cloakshape66 IncGamers Member

offensive hammers

I need some help with some offensive hammer tactics, its easy against stationary targets like zons but against teleing bone necros, sorcs and wind druids even barbs and asns (if they keep their ww short) I just dont see how its possible to be offensive they keep on teleing so it isnt possible to tele right below them and start sending out hammers. The only way I can think of is to randomly lay down hammer fields and hope the necro or whatever teles into them does anyone know any other way?

2. SwordOfJusticeX

SwordOfJusticeX IncGamers Member

randomly charge around and lay hammers
    works REAL good

-sword

3. sbc84

sbc84 Banned

Vs casters (such as bone necro, wind druid or maybe a weak 6k-or-so-damage hybrid hammerdin and sorcs), you need to be quick and precise enough to tele on top of them once or twice. Just do 2 or 3 teles around them laying one hammer each tele. Then try for one tele on top of them, and get out and get ready for another round of attack.

Vs a pure 15k dmg hammerdin, don't ever tele on top of him. If he also teles and knows what he's doing, then forget it unless you want to test each other's patience (in other words, wasting each other time). If he's charging around trying to desynch you, then you have the advantage. You just need to stay in front of him with your own hammers then tele ahead. If he's charging in a small area, then you can just let him be with himself. Don't ever tele into hammer field.

4. bronzdragon5545

bronzdragon5545 IncGamers Member

yes till they see what ur doing and remain stationary then ur back to start

5. sbc84

sbc84 Banned

One thing.. if you tele on top of wind druid, you will get hit by tornado, but you will also be able to cast a hammer. The best way to do this is by laying a few hammer around him to make him move or tele, and then try to tele on top of him as soon as you see him moving.

6. -Infinite-

-Infinite- Banned

when dueling ranged chars (wind druid/bonemancer/bowazon), it requires several things:

1) fast comp/internet
    2) good hotkey management
    3) quickness

of all the chars ive dueled, bonemancer by far gives the most trouble, especially 125% fcr ones. for those, you must always be on the move (so ibs doesnt destroy you) and eventually hope he stands still just long enough to tele on him. if you can tele on top, hes dead.

hammer vs hammer is prob the most ineffienct and pointless duel. it usually consists of teleing/charging around and spaming hammer fields untill someone runs into the others field and dies. not exactly fun, but its the only way. being too aggresive vs. good hammerdins will get you killed mighty fast.

also, the shift-charge+hammer tactic works quite well imo. and btw, if the person just stands still, and isnt another hammerdin, tele on top of him...

7. Clay.

Clay. IncGamers Member

I have a few suggestions also when using a hammerdin. Usually against good necros and sorcs they will do a double tele, which prevents you from name locking them and following their initial tele. I find that usually necros and sorc want to get as far as possible from you to allow them more time to spam bs or fireball, etc. Therefore, they usually tele the width of their screen which is usually the same distance as my screen. So I usually bring my curser to the same direction they tele, all the way to the edge of the screen and tele. I do this twice and usually their name is right at the edge of the screen. I then quickly name lock them and tele onto them and hammer. If you do it very quickly and have good fps/ping you may get the compliment of using aa. My hammerdin has 125% fcr and 75% fhr. This allows me to tele out of any teeth and most mindbast. It also helps from the stun of fireballs and bone spirit. When dueling, I'm either teleling or hammering.. Never standing still. This is especially important against 125% fcr spirit necros, the spirits will hardly ever hit you if your quick. I personally find the 8fps self blizzing sorc to be the hardest to kill without using absorb.

8. sbc84

sbc84 Banned

When I was dueling alot, I mostly dueled bone necros private with friends and public too. I also controlled necro myself, and when I dueled vs hammerdin I always tele away in zigzag pattern. The question is: are good necros that predictable by teleporting in a straight line clicking at the edge of the screen?

also, 75%fhr isn't a break point for paladin, is it?

9. Clay.

Clay. IncGamers Member

Yes well zig zag at the distance of the screen. Use your map to determine which direction they went. Also, 75% fhr is bp when using hoto for 6fps.

10. sbc84

sbc84 Banned

If he makes a mistake by casting more than once, you have a chance.

It doesn't work if your opponent is fast enough to stay ahead of you. Charging can get you killed fast vs necro if he can get u stuck behind a bonewall when you think you already pass it due to desynch or whatever.

11. sbc84

sbc84 Banned

hmm... are you using a hoto flail or hoto staff?

12. Clay.

Clay. IncGamers Member

Flail:

And Fast Hit Recovery:

0% fhr - 9 frames
    7% fhr - 8 frames
    15% fhr - 7 frames
    27% fhr - 6 frames
    48% fhr - 5 frames
    86% fhr - 4 frames
    200% fhr - 3 frames

If you’re not wielding spears or staves, else it’ll be slower:

0% fhr - 13 frames
    3% fhr - 12 frames
    7% fhr - 11 frames
    13% fhr - 10 frames
    20% fhr - 9 frames
    32% fhr - 8 frames
    48% fhr - 7 frames
    75% fhr - 6 frames
    120% fhr - 5 frames
    280% fhr - 4 frames

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=539#Fast Cast Rate, Fast Block Rate and Fast Hit Recovery

13. SwordOfJusticeX

SwordOfJusticeX IncGamers Member

well im sorry i didnt make my expalination clearer, ill try to do a better job this time *clears throat*

most high damage overpowered characters like bone necro and wind druid tend to be very aggressive. in this kind of situations, charge around randomly and lay hammer fields, this method is very effective.

after a while when u beat ur opponent a few times, he will start playing more defensively. now u should charge towards him first, dont charge straight at him or ull run into a line of bone spirit or tornados. instead charge around them a lil bit further then a screen apart so they cant get a name lock on u. charge in circles, randomly switching between clockwise and counterclockwise directions. at the same time, lay down some hammers so that if he get tired and tele towards u he will mostly likely run into hammers. if he does not do so, charge straight at them when u feel the time is right. when u stun them after charging, immediatly lay down 2-3 hammers. if u are lucky, u may finish him off. If u see ur hammers miss him and he is recovering, charge out and immediately lay down some more hammers after u are off their screen. this time, most likely ur opponent will either run towards u and get killed by the hammers u laid after the charge or tele towards ur direction. if they tele, they will be greeted by hammers that u laid after u charged out. another situation is that they will get a namelock on u and try to tele straight onto u. thus try to lay a few hammers asap after u charge out so if they tele onto u they will get a pleasant surprise :lol:

i rarely tele using hammerdin, so if u want advice on that area, the above posts are all excellent in teaching the art of tele hammers

i hope my explaination is clear and will work for u. this method is rather complicated but very effective (at least for me :D)

feel free to point out flaws in my method or ask questions etc :uhhuh:

-sword :drink:

14. Clay.

Clay. IncGamers Member

I used to use the charge technique before getting an enigma. I seemed to always have problems with bone prisons and bone spirits - especially the invisible ones (from where graphics don't keep up). Yet, if you have an enigma you can tele out of it but if the necro keeps on doing the same thing it kind of makes charging irrelevant. Therefore it brings up stradegy on how to kill necro while teleling.

15. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

You checked the wrong table. If you use hoto, it's the top table you should go after.

16. cloakshape66

cloakshape66 IncGamers Member

wait I am a bit confused what exactly is desynching?

17. Mr.Glasscock

Mr.Glasscock Banned

Desynch is the reason behind randomly charging like mad and casting hammers. If you charge around enough, your enemy will be sort of lagging, and he will barely be able to see you. He'll stand still, thinking you're 3-4 screens away because of desynch. But you'll be fine, so you can get close to him rather quickly and hit him several times, all the while he think's you're 4 screens away.

Even if you're charging, to the other person it'll look like youre teleporting all around, and have massive range, and the map will be full of invis bh.

It works really well, if done right you can probably piss everyone off, since it is rather cheap imo.

18. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

v/t's can do the same thing btw - being smote by the invisible man can be pretty scary ^^

19. Mr.Glasscock

Mr.Glasscock Banned

yea, my v/t's the best.

If i try to do it, i desynch myself and then the other person kills me :clap:

20. sbc84

sbc84 Banned

Teleport will re-synchronize invisbile charger. I don't think it works on ibs though.