Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Oblivion nights

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Panos, Apr 25, 2013. | Replies: 10 | Views: 1918

1. Panos

Panos IncGamers Member

Diablo II, , Action iV, nightmare, paladin level 70.

These nights right before Diablo look impossible. When I was in Normal I could handle, but in some of them even if I don't have anything ''above'' my head I die so fast that i don't even have the time to stop the game even when i fight them alone.
    Does anyone know how this spell, curse or whatever can be helped?
  2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Sounds like you got hit by his lightning breath (50% physical damage/50% lightning damage, all is damage per second, but partially blockeable iirc)

However, how you can fail nightmare at lvl70 is beyond me, are you playing naked or without any stats?
  3. Panos

Panos IncGamers Member

It sounds funny to me too, but I would ask you if you were level 70 how would you distribute your stats? ( I think I might have a small issue there).
    My armor is about 435 and my resistances are all over 75. What more someone needs?

During the game I saw the curse, but these new signals over my head only appear through oblivion and during them my paladin seems almost totally defenseless. i met that on Normal, but it was not that deadly.
  4. Panos

Panos IncGamers Member

Shall I also mention that I play always /players8 and that the deadly oblivions are very random. many are killed easily, but always one kills me before even approaching. I don't get it why they are so instantly deadly
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I think you mean that the Knights in Chaos Sanctuary casts Iron Maiden at you. Yes, you play an older version of the game, and should update it.

That curse has been removed from the monsters arsenal a few patches ago.

If you however, doesnt want to update. Then you can try to kill them off with something that doesnt involve Physical damage. Or with a bow.
    Iron Maiden returns Physical Melee dmg by several hundred percent...

Or just wait until another curse is thrown at you, or until it expires. Maybe even take a TP back to town and heal that curse away.

Peace
  6. Panos

Panos IncGamers Member

Yes I think you are right about Iron maiden. I probably kill those that do not have the time to cast it. Do you know the specific patch?
  7. Panos

Panos IncGamers Member

I got the patch and i think the problem is solved. thanks guys.
  8. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Glad I could help! :)
  9. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I've tried that before when I was Blood Mana cursed by either Baal or the Flying harpies, the moment I return from town, or activated a shrine, or it expires, they instantly cast a new curse over me, I've learned to live with the curse now :badteeth:
  10. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Luckily, they have more then 1 curse to use on you! ;)
  11. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I hope whoever thought up Iron Maiden got put into one. :p Luckily I rarely played melee chars when it was active (partially because of IM, but I've always played mostly Sorcs because I like them far more than all other chars).

They should either remove Blood Mana or fix the damn manaburn bug... Ideally both. ES chars are simply too much of a bother to use atm (imo).