Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

O Free items - The generosity thread

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by BLueBeRRy, Jun 22, 2013. | Replies: 16 | Views: 3060

1. BLueBeRRy

BLueBeRRy IncGamers Member

Hi everyone, I recently read Xanth's One Life to Live on Generosity, and as a still active HC D2 player, I somehow relate to that.
    So here it is, this is my attempt at bringing back some generosity, I offer to maintain a list of generous people and start myself by giving away some free stuff (on Europe) that will help you rebuild after an unpleasing event or progress further in inferno.

This way, newcomers can turn to us, we can help grow the community, and find people to share more frightening experiences with!
    Hope this works out!

--
    TL;DR
    : this is a list of generous people giving away free -useful- items, in the D2's "O Free" open games style. Scroll down to get to it and find contact info.

--

* Background info

Those who played Hardcore back in the days of Diablo II (or those who still do) may have noticed open games titled "O Free", where people would randomly drop moderately good to great items, uniques... and useful stuff for the most part!

If you haven't read Xanth's recent blog post on the matter, I suggest you quickly do so:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/one-life-to-live-let-generosity-return

Back then, it was kinda nice to meet people that still thought "hey, that thing doesn't deserve to be vendored, it helped me for some time (or could help someone else)". You met people, you made run / leveling buddies, and might have even cared about each other because you actually wanted people you play with to stay alive.
    And sometimes you even wanted people to become more powerful so you could face greater challenges, face übers, hunt Diablo Clone, and so on.

Now that there's no convenient way of doing so in-game, I kinda miss the feeling, and actually want to meet new faces, give them a boost, team along, and even face the ultimate challenge.

So here it is, this is the great giveaway thread: helping you progress, getting you back on your feet after death.

* The good stuff

Here's a list of people who are currently giving away free stuff.

[TABLE="width: 650, align: center"]
    Realm Battletag Forum name Contact method Comment Europe BLueBLue#2233 BLueBeRRy PM & IG iLVL58-63 Legs/Set/Rares, some very good stuff Link to some items Americas Stalkman#1754 Delano PM & IG "I can give a WD his first thing of the deep, or a DH a 920 dps manticore to get the ball rolling" Americas spiffymcbang#1141 spiffymcbang IG "I have a inna's radiance (helm) I can donate [...] the dex is pretty low and the random roll is cold resist." Americas Fenrir#2588 VagrantKing IG "mostly barb junk: ik belt, ik 2-hander, and a few misc items but I may help you out if you any other class" Europe iMikee#2957 Goffe IG "I have a lot of leveling equipment. most is focused on vitality so class shouldn't be a problem." Europe plant#2201 Plant IG "all kinds of rare/unique items to get inferno starters going [...] leveling gear that I'm happy to lend" "I can also help leveling" [/TABLE]

PM: private message on the incgamers forums
    IG: in-game friend request

If you want to appear on that list, PM me on the forums or in-game with your details (if you don't want to give your battletag that's fine) and a link to some of your items (imgur album, web page...).
    I will filter out people giving out only crap stuff, we're talking about moderately good to great stuff (or even better: if you wanna give away those CC Mempos, go ahead).

* How does it work?

A list of "generous" players is kept up to date here on the first post. You'll find realm, contact information, and a link to some available items. You get in touch with them, you get your stuff, you might even get along and what happens next is none of our business!

* Rules

• No expectations: you're not entitled ot anything. If something suddenly isn't available or the owner doesn't want to give it to you, don't come here whining;
    • No trading, no price checks: you're looking at gifts;
    • No requests: you don't get to ask for specific stuff. Some items are already quite good. You do get to ask for class stuff however, like "please help me gear my fire monk", so you can get useful items. Just don't ask for a fist weapon with at least 200 dex and 100 vita, you'll get what we have.

The following rule is up to each benefactor however:

• No giveaway to accounts that display overly expensive gear: we want to help people who can't afford the moderately expensive stuff on the AH, or who don't play the game as often as required to get their bankroll high enough.

Notify me if someone on the list scams people, doesn't play along the rules, or whatever issue.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. Delano

Delano IncGamers Member

I'll jump in here as someone on NA. I don't have a great item list, but I can give a WD his first thing of the deep, or a DH a 920 dps manticore to get the ball rolling. Stalkman #1754.
  3. Flux

Flux Administrator

I've considered such actions in the past. It's getting more realistic these days as the HC econ continues to change and items get cheaper. Plenty of stuff I used to sell for 4-5m now won't sell at all, or maybe 500k. Thus plenty of stuff worth using is no longer worth selling, and thus viable to give to someone new. Better it's used that way than just salvaged by me, anyway.

One way that could be easy to give out is periodically dump your entire finished auctions tab, if you could find some people new to HC who would want it. For me that tab is all rares and some legs that didn't sell even after I relisted them a few times with lower prices. Once they get below about 1m I don't bother to relist and they just sit in the finished tab for weeks until I get a clear stash and can dump them all out to reappraise and relist, or just salvage.

Sadly, I played zero last week while out of town, and I'm in Irvine the next 2 days, and then super busy all weekend, so it'll be a while before I can play at all, much less find new items and/or evaluate my spare stuff for potential hand outs.
  4. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

I have a inna's radiance (helm) I can donate
    I can't sell it on the AH as the dex is pretty low and the random roll is cold resist. - listed it last night for very low but can can take it down to donate.

spiffymcbang#1141 - Americas
  5. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

I am willing to donate to any newbie HC players. I currently have mostly barb junk: ik belt, ik 2-hander, and a few misc items but I may help you out if you any other class.

Best contact is adding me in game:

Americas - fenrir#2588
  6. Enkeria

Enkeria IncGamers Member

I play EU, HC level 35 I think, wizard. Having a hard time surviving, but I manage. I play ironborn and do not have anything to give. But once I reach 60, I might give out gems.
  7. Xanth

Xanth Diablo: IncGamers Columnist<br>Clan Officer - US N

This is awesome! Happy to see I have inspired some generosity!
  8. BLueBeRRy

BLueBeRRy IncGamers Member

Thanks to everybody for jumping in!
    I've been away for a few days, but I've just updated the list on the OP.

I have already given a few items (and boosted a player from lvl 53 to 60) but many are still available if anyone needs them. Not everything has a picture online though, so come and ask if some free stuff could help you!
  9. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

I have a lot of leveling equipment. most is focused on vitality so class shouldn't be a problem.
  10. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Nice initiative. My first lvl15+ char on HC EU is a WD who will start Hell now. Any leveling help is appreciated :)

edit: already got tremendous help from Goffe (especially with the weapon)! steamrolling act1 hell atm :) :thumbsup:

edit2: made it through all of Hell and now lvl60 :) you see me in the lobby...
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  11. plant

plant IncGamers Member

Ah this sounds like my kinda thing, finding a lot of useful stuff nowadays...

I can offer all kinds of rare/unique items to get inferno starters going (depending on what's in stash), also have a mule with leveling gear that I'm happy to lend.
    I can also help leveling, mp10 keep runs with archon sorc is quite fast and safe and a welcome change for me hunting those damn keys all the time.

Europe > plant#2201
  12. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

Im gonna go ahead and bump this thread.

Dont be afraid to ask for help, be it items or service. I am currently looking to get rid of my leveling gear to make room for other characters so unless someone asks me for it i might just dump it soon.
    iMikee#2957
  13. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

I am relatively poor (gold- and item-wise), but whenever I am around I am always willing to help with levelling (I have a monk that is pretty good at that). Once I get richer I will be very happy to help others with gear as I have been helped by others. Jotunn#2915

At the moment trying to get my barb into reasonable shape, and have been extremely legendary-free for about 5 paragon levels now...
  14. Towen

Towen IncGamers Member

I have lots of starting equipment of all levels for all chars as i can't bear to throw any decent gear away, even if I have upgrade or the AH ha moved on over the last year. If anyone wants decent to ok gear for levelling or starting out at 60 drop me a message

Europe Towen#2842
  15. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

BUMP!
    10chars
  16. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Probably have some twinking levels 40-60 rares that would be handy for someone just starting!
    That, and leveling services for members need some help! Let me know!

Europe Vegameister#2492
  17. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Ok I have found a NICE Wiz item that I know will help someone out, but it will not sell on the AH. Im on the Us Hc server and if you are a Wiz and looking for a decent Triumverate let me know here or in game and its yours. I cant bear the thought of making it a Brimstone and IM not remaking a Wiz anytime soon....