Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Numbers of affix on magic droped items

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by LeOsTyLe, Apr 29, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 816

1. LeOsTyLe

LeOsTyLe IncGamers Member

Numbers of affix on magic droped items

Hello,

if i craft apprentice hide gloves, it gets always 3 affixe. But what If i find magical hide gloves in a dungeon by a monsterdropt, does it have always 3 affix, like the crafted one or can it be droped with only 1 or 2 affix?
  2. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Re: Numbers of affix on magic droped items

If the game is anything like D2 (and my beta experience confirms that this is the case), blue drops will have either 1 or 2 affixes (one prefix, one suffix).

However, some of the crafted items have three suffixes even though they're blue. Earlier in the beta, this was because crafted items had one "definite" attribute as well as two random attributes. Since then, they have changed all the crafted items to read "3 random attributes" or similar, and I have not done any testing to determine whether these 3 random attributes are actually all random, or whether it's still one set attribute and two additional random ones.
  3. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

They're all random... there are no more set mods on crafted items, unfortunately (I liked those :( ).

I think I have seen some 3-mod blue drops though? From Leoric, for instance? Not sure, could be wrong.
  4. beingmused

beingmused IncGamers Member

I don't think there are 3-affix blue drops...remember that some items have inherent modifiers on them, like you can see a quiver with 2 affixes, and also the inherent +damage on it.

5. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

I think those 3-mod blue drops (I have had some too) have drops that are inherent to the item itself. I could be wrong, though. I think I had a wand at one point that was something like, +5 vit, +3-4 cold damage, +1 arcane power on crit. But I assumed all blue oak wands (or whatever the base item was called0 had +1 arcane power on crit.

I think it would be really aesthetically jarring if blue items had more affixes than their actual names indicated. That would seem to break the definition of an affix--because the whole point was that for magical (blue) items, their affixes indicated exactly what those items did.
  6. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

Also bear in mind that some affixes have more than one mod, like the paired stat ones for example.
  7. LeOsTyLe

LeOsTyLe IncGamers Member

So for example if i find a magical item from type X and there is a craft for the same item as magical, the craft has better chances to be good as the found one yes?