Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Not sure if it'll run smoothly

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by briansc, Apr 26, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 1346

1. briansc

briansc IncGamers Member

Not sure if it'll run smoothly

I've got a 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB graphics and Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 OS. First 3 and a half hours of open beta (Wizard level 11) went pretty smoothly, barely any slow-motion but after I quit and then went back in about an hour or two it was SUPER slow-motion (unplayable)... I'm really worried that my iMac won't be able to handle the game at 2560x1440 resolution with low(est) settings. I also read on the official forums that other Mac users had this slow-motion problem too and some blues said the retail version will be much more different than the beta but I'm still worried... Should it be able to run it at 2560x1440 with low(est) settings or my computer's too weak for Diablo 3? If you think it should be able to run it, do you think it is just a beta issue? Please help me out...
  2. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Re: Not sure if it'll run smoothly

I think it's going to be ok, but I don't know for sure.
  3. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

I'm running a windows PC with inferior specs to your machine and beta runs just fine with all of the lowest settings on. Blue has also said that the beta is not 'optimized' and that the retail version will run far smoother then the beta does, so in theory your Mac should run it just fine.

But after a quick check on the official Mac forums it seems many, many people using Macs are having severe performance issues on even the lowest settings. There hasn't been any updates from Blizzard on the issue yet but hopefully come launch that'll be fixed. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help, but until we get word on this from Blizzard it'll be a wait and see.
  4. Megarange

Megarange IncGamers Member

It (should) run Diablo 3, but your gpu is most likely bottlenecking your cpu. Also macs are not known for their gaming capability, also if you do run it be sure to watch your temps as i do believe macs are not the best at keeping your system cool.
  5. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

He has made other posts about the same subject. His problem is the very high resolution on the screen (2550x1440), and the lack of vRAM on his graphics card.

Now all that people can tell you from specs, is that you have a bad screen/GPU match that might cause problems. If so, you will run out of ram and the game will start to stutter. If the problems you have seen is infact something to do with the beta, then noone here can tell you if Blizzard has fixed it in the launch.
  6. briansc

briansc IncGamers Member

Thank you, guys!
  7. briansc

briansc IncGamers Member

I just did an SMC reset and it is wonderful! Fast and smooth. Amazing!