Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nirvana/ Dark side of the Moon build

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Genocides, Apr 17, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 6235

1. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Site Pal

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

it's pretty much a regular cyclone overawe build with WoL in it.

imo the best way to make use of WoL is 2h skorn style. reason being WoL is based on weapon damage, not dps so a slow 2hander will hit for a whole lot more than dual wielding 1 hands. 2h also gets a nice boost in spirit regeneration with the guardian's path passive, but there's more. tempest rush is based on weapon speed as well, the channeling aspect spends 10 spirit per aps you have, so the lower the aps the less spirit it spends. add that all together and you get this build
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L3_0AIpfI
    spam WoL non-stop and move around amazingly fast taking full advantage of high spirit gained per second.
  3. Genocides

You obviously missed what the build was about.

"Way of the Hundred Fists: Fists of Fury and Breath of Heavan: Infused with Light

Infused with Light has the unique property of giving bonus spirit regeneration to spirit generating attacks for 5 seconds.

Fists of Fury has the unique property of putting a Damage over Time, or DoT effect on enemies.

Because WothF is a spirit generator, and with the way DoT works, if you hit more than one target with a 2nd strike of WothF while BoH is active you will generate massive amounts of spirit during the first 5 seconds of BoH, but only while the enemies you applied the DoT on stay alive.

Infused with Light + Fists of Fury 2 attacks + 2 or more enemies + enemies stay alive = infinite spirit for duration of Infused with Light"
  4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

yea i understand you can use skills that generate more spirit in combination with WoL. you can use fist of thunder/quickening or deadly strike/strike from beyond, those has good spirit regeneration too. not dissing on the build but i think it's not as effective as it could be. it's base on a 15 second cooldown and the effect WoL has, is that it knocks enemies back. once you cast WoL the mobs will all be farther away from you, and without thunderclap you won't have much time to take advantage of the buff from BoH running after mobs. there was a time i was using a similar build with quickening but having to run after arcane beams/desecration/plague, i decided i had to add in dashing strike to take place of thunderclap and eventually i stopped using it. try it out, see if you like it, not my cup of tea but personal preference really.
  5. snurrfint

snurrfint IncGamers Member

There is a variation that you might be interested in, and that is to use Cyclone strike with increased radius to drag monsters close, and then use WoL - pillars as it removes the knock back.

Also, if you pick Baecon of Ytar there is only 7 seconds downtime between each nirvana rush.

But i agree that your build is more all-round and works a lot better in between each rush.
  6. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

I've been trying this out as I've been a fan of Pillar since it was first revealed but always sad it was never useable.

The Pillars do knock back a little so dropping a bunch at once can knock enemies out of range of it's second hit, but if you can fight cyclone strike into your build it's not that big of a deal. Or better yet if you play a lot of MP, you can get another monk to run CS for you and everything just melts.
  7. Genocides

With my wothf skill damage stacking this build doesn't work well, but I'd imagine if I changed out of all of that into some Wave of light crit stacking and focused more on typical sheet dps builders like AS, Crit, CD it would be awesome with Pillars. Here's my updated char.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Duskmourn-1569/hero/1227391

I get a full health pool every time I use a bell so my health can jump back up with transcendence and 3 Lifesteal. My Effective health is close to or above 500k. I'm farming Mp9 now and can do mp10 slowly. I switch back and forth between Cyclones and Empowered Wave, and Inner Storm and Explosive Light/Pillars. Either work to my satisfaction and my bells crit for a ton. I usually build up my spirit to full, hit 3 second overawe and spam bells. The WotHF sustains me between each buildup with lifesteal etc.

I usually do cyclones and EW solo and Inner/Pillar with a group and I occassionally use Inner/Explosive nothing gives more satisfaction than seeing 100 mobs get knocked back and either die or be half-dead.

In any event this Infused with light setup seems to only be doable when you have some crit/CD, and with base damage 200k+

http://d3up.com/b/454693/way-of-the-blazing-fists
  8. hgjohnny

hgjohnny IncGamers Member