Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Night of the Living WIFOA - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Caluin Graye, Oct 30, 2012. | Replies: 1017 | Views: 27687

1. Caluin Graye

Caluin Graye IncGamers Member

This is the game thread for the the Wine In Front of All 2 - Night of the Living WIFOA.

The game starts tentatively on October 31st at 5:00pm EST. This may be delayed a day if role bids take too long or forum issues arise. The game will start with a 48 hour 'twilight' phase where votes will not be counted and no lynch will occur. After that, the game will proceed as normal.

Game Rules:
    For your convenience, rules that differ from our standard games are bolded.

.5) This game is in no way, shape, or form promised to be balanced. Moderator is not responsible for sweeping victory of one faction over another.

1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) If you post at night I will kill you, no matter what.

3) If you edit your post I will kill you. This includes editing for spelling mistakes.

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The only part I'm concerned with is the 'vote:' part. As long as I can type that into a Find field and see your vote or unvote, I will count it. Case sensitivity is not required. Names do not need to be exact, but if it takes me more than a second to determine who you're voting for, I'll disregard your vote.

7) This game utilizes majority lynch rules. Unlike standard games, a lock happens the moment a majority is reached. There is no lynch + 1 rule.

8) Any posts that come AFTER the end day post or the intended end day time will not be counted, unless specified by the host. This includes votes.

9) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

10) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not.

11) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm, excluding your original role PM. That, and only that, you may post via quoting or copy/pasting if you wish. No other methods are allowed. All other privileged information must be paraphrased in your own words.

[STRIKE]12) I won't be telling you the starting roles. [/STRIKE]

13) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

14) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you.

15) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive post a day) or you get a forum temp ban.

16) Read the rules once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.

16.5) This game is in no way, shape, or form promised to be balanced. Moderator is not responsible for sweeping victory of one faction over another.

Win Conditions:
    TOWN: You and your team win when all anti-town threats have been eliminated from the game, regardless if you are alive or dead.

MAFIA: You and your team win when you both control the lynch and nothing any other team can do will alter this, regardless if you are alive or dead.

SPECIAL: You have a special win condition. See your role PM for exact details.

Here is a sample town PM:
    And a sample mafia PM:
    To combat speculation: The town are the zombies, all named after your forum name. The mafia are human survivors with special names.

The Bidding Order:
    Ankeli: 2/1
    flubs - 6/1
    Gwaihir - 8/1
    Goryani - 14/14
    ThunderCat - 3/1
    MartinLong: 3/4
    Jcakes - 5/8
    Pyro - 5/11
    Malevolent - 4/4
    Moar - 4/11
    Solar Ice - 4/1
    Bad Ash - 4/1
    Sathoris - 4/1
    kestegs - 4/1
    pharphis - X/X
    thefranklin - X/X

The Master Role List:
    1. Cop - Guaranteed to be sane.
    2. Doctor - Can target self. May not protect same target multiple nights in a row.
    3. Treestump - Unlynchable, bulletproof, no vote. Must claim in thread for effects. If mafia takes this role, then they don't count towards winning and may not submit night kills once claimed.
    4. Godfather - Immunity to cop.
    5. Ninja - Immunity to watcher and tracker.
    6. Double-voter - Two votes. Both votes are public.
    7. Paranoid Gun Owner - Kills anyone who targets you at night for any reason. Limited ammunition (3 kills maximum; if targeted by more actions than ammunition remains, kills are randomized).
    8. Strong Man - Your kills ignore protections.
    9. Roleblocker - Target someone at night to stop their actions for next 72 hours. (So that night + any following day actions).
    10. Watcher - Target someone to see whom else targeted them that evening.
    11. Tracker - Target someone to see who they targeted.
    12. Politician - You know you love him. During the day, force someone to vote for anyone you wish. (Roleblock not included). Announced in thread via moderator.
    13. Jack of All Trades - Comes with following, all one-shots: Doctor, Cop, Coroner, Roleblocker.
    14. One-shot vigilante - Player's choice of night or day kill.
    15. Jailkeeper - Roleblocks and protects target. Cannot use on self. May not use on same target two nights in a row. Roleblock is for that night only.
    16. Enabler - Pick a role. Should you die, any person with that role will become a vanilla.
    17. Lynchproof - One shot. First lynch on you will fail.
    18. Rolecop - Learn someone's role.
    19. Lightning Rod - Choose to redirect every single night action upon yourself. Cannot be roleblocked.
    20. Coroner - You receive night kill flips.

Okay, with that all out of the way:
    We are currently in role bid phase. Please view the bidding order and find your place, then choose a role you would like to be. Remember that should anyone with a higher priority than you chooses the role first, then you will be assigned 'vanilla' as a role. Once I've received all role bids, I'll start sending out role PMs and then we can start the game proper.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. Caluin Graye

End of Twilight Phase

-----

End of Day One

-----

End of Day Two

-----

End of Day Three

-----

End of Day Four

Current alive list:
    pharphis
    kestegs
    Malevolent
    Gwaihir

Current Dead List
    Sathoris - Killed night one.
    Solar Ice - lynched day one. Town. JOAT.
    MartinLong - Killed night two.
    Goryani - Lynched day two. Mafia. Watcher.
    Bad Ash - Killed night three.
    Ankeli - Lynched day three. Mafia. Cop.
    flubbucket - Killed night four.
    Thundercat - Killed night four.
    thefranklin - Lynched day four. Town. Vanilla.
    Moar - Killed night five.
    Pyrotechnician - Lynched day five. Mafia. Vig.
    Jcakes - Killed night six.

Current vote count:

Day one vote count:
    15 alive, eight votes to lock + lynch
    Solar Ice (8): Moar; Ankeli; ThunderCat; kestegs; Bad Ash; Pyrotechnician; Malevolent (Bribed); thefranklin
    ThunderCat (5): Solar Ice; pharphis; Gwaihir; Jcakes; MartinLong
    Jcakes (1): Goryani

Day two vote count:
    13 alive; seven votes to lock + lynch:
    Goryani (7): Bad Ash; flubbucket; Gwaihir; kestegs; pharphis; Pyrotechnician; Jcakes
    Moar (4): thefranklin; Malevolent; Malevolent (D); Ankeli
    Bad Ash (1): Goryani

Day three vote count:
    11 alive; six votes to lock + lynch:
    Ankeli (8): Moar; pharphis; ThunderCat; Gwaihir; kestegs; Malevolent (Bribed); Jcakes; Pyrotechnician
    Moar (2): Malevolent (D); thefranklin
    kestegs (1): Ankeli
    thefranklin (1): flubbucket

Day four vote count:
    8 alive; five votes to lock + lynch:
    thefranklin (5): pharphis; Gwaihir; Jcakes; kestegs; Moar
    Pyrotechnician (1): thefranklin
    No Lynch (1): Malevolent

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  3. Caluin Graye

All role bids have been received. Role PMs are going out as I type this in between 60 second timers.

Game will start on time, in roughly an hour and a half. I'll hopefully have a story post up at that time to kick things off, but if I don't, feel free to go about business as usual starting at 5:00 EST (GMT -4). We'll start with a twilight phase for 48 hours (no votes counted, no lynch).

Edit:
    All role PMs should be out. If you don't have one, PM me please.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. Caluin Graye

A note about the stories:
    They're just stories. Don't read anything more into them than that. Kill flavour has no meaning, any character names that appear are purely coincidental, and no game related information will appear in the stories. They're just fluff.

Diary Entry #1: "Twilight"

Twilight Falls is usually a peaceful town. It's part of a small island located off the coast of Maine. Maine is already a backwaters, rural state, so believe me when I say that our little town is 'off the radar'.

That's not to say we're all hillbillies and rednecks, though. Most of the people around here are professionals of some kind. Ms. Maggie is a small time business mogul that couldn't keep up with the stress of the city, so opened a grocery store-slash-video mart-slash-car maintenance-slash-barber shop. 'Cause, you know, those days when you need an oil change while getting a trim, and might as well pick up dinner and a movie while you're there. She does well enough, I suppose, so I can't fault her business acumen, though with tonight's events, I'm not sure she achieve the lack of stress she was after.

You see, this past week we've had some visitors. Twilight Falls has never been large on tourism, but lately we've seen all kinds of folk. Celebrities, reporters, even some rough looking types that you could only classify as 'mercenaries'. Mean looking people wearing a lot of unfashionable leather and scowling a lot. Dangerous folk that make you instinctively cross the street when they're walking towards you. And with them, they brought the trouble.

It started innocently enough. One of the tourists, a 'Leon Kennedy', went to see Dr. Simms for a cough. Apparently he had been a cop in some town, worked on a special task force for the President, and then went into private investigation. Seems he found something, though, as within a day the cough worsened. I was there the day after he was admitted, taking a blood culture. He looked like hell; cheeks gaunt, skin pale and clammy, and eyes listless and sunken. It's as if he had a worm living inside of him, and it was feasting on his insides. He rambled on in his delirium, asking for someone to kill him.

We should have listened to him.

Nurse Roberts was the first bitten. It was a small thing, and she didn't bother reporting it. "Didn't even break the skin", she said. Within 24 hours, she was dead. We placed her in the morgue. Looking back, I think that's where we lost control of the situation. Had we burned her body, or just buried her, we'd probably have been okay. Hindsight, though. 20/20, they say. Hah.

She feasted that night, and from her meals arose a veritable army of the undead. They swam over the hospital like an inexorable tide, quickly turning the weak, the sick, and the infirm. Anyone not strong or quick enough to flee become like them. And with each new generation of infection, the incubation time grew shorter. As if the virus was evolving.

Oh, as for Mr. Kennedy? Nobody has seen him. He's out there, though. Somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  5. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I really wanted to make my first post say "Reserved for additional game information" But I figured that wouldn't be very nice.

P.S. I'll change my avatar back when I get home, I had enough fun being Caluin for now.

6. Solar Ice

Solar Ice IncGamers Member

Note the unusual wording. Usually the win con for Mafia is achieved when the Town is outnumbered/equalled. There is no mention of Town specifically this win-con. Any other team suggests multiple factions, not just two. I also do not see a role in the master role list that points to a Special win con (Serial Killer, Village idiot, etc).

Could there be multiple Mafia factions in this game?

7. Sathoris

Sathoris IncGamers Member

MNHABG'RZ RZHAHA HHRMNM MNHRNG ARBG BGABMHARZ MBHRR BGHARRZ BGHR GHABG ANNHRRaARNG... MBHRR mHA.

8. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

What the..?

9. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

I should totally vote you for that tbh.

10. Solar Ice

Solar Ice IncGamers Member

Is this a joke or are you post restricted?

11. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Treestump? I think that fits into this. Any other explanations?

Also, Pyro, you totally should have :p

12. MartinLong

MartinLong IncGamers Member

With 16 players, two factions could be terrifying ML.

It's a good notice, but could CG have also done that just for WIFOA? I'm not sure how crazy he gets with these things.

13. Pyrotechnician

More post restrictions? Where is Timmy when you need him.

14. Pyrotechnician

Treestump usually retains the wincon that they started with.

I know, right!

The setup isn't exactly the same as his other WIFOA game. In his previous games he had serial killer and special win con as a role you could choose from the list, this time however there isn't.

15. Caluin Graye

I'll admit that you had me confused for a moment. "When did I write that, huh?"

Could I also ask anyone else doing something similar to change? While it was hilarity in the sign up thread, in the game thread I think it'll end up being a distraction.

16. MartinLong

MartinLong IncGamers Member

*Cough Cough* ML *Cough Cough*

17. Sathoris

Sathoris IncGamers Member

HRnMNRA ZRHRMZ HGHRGBaRA RZHR AR ZZan annHRRA RAHRNM MNHRHG.

18. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Well, it certainly seems like gibberish. Maybe he just needs some brain power.

@Pyro,
    I I guess you could have a strange situation where politician and 1-shot resulted in a dead mafia on the last day, but a forced townie lynch, anyway? I'm not sure if that adds up right.

19. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

Can't see from the roles that there could be a 2nd group. We might have a vigilant, who if town could stop a mafia win with a day kill. But why do you think there might be a 2nd group?

Yes, please. I think it's very annoying and childish. But then most of you are children. ;)

I didn't see a role with post restrictions. Might be me being dumb, but right now I think he's just having some fun.

20. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Site Pal

What do you mean by brain power?